Swan Princess

6 Ways To Love

 

Zelo adjusted his feet on his skateboard before heading down the slope. He took a dive on the four-wheeled plank and bent his knees a little to stay in balance. He was heading for the ramp when he saw Jongup appearing at the side. He stopped his activity and lifted up his skateboard, as the approached his close friend.

 

“Hey,” He awkwardly raised a hand.

 

“Don’t ‘hey’ me now. Yongguk hyung’s not gonna be happy if he finds out, dude. Well, I won’t be happy either if this continues,” Jongup blurted in a rather annoyed tone.

 

“Cmon’, you know what I’m going through. I at everything in school. I’d gladly quit if Yongguk hyung allows me to,” Zelo retorted.

 

Jongup let out a sigh and shook his head in discontentment. At the very same time, a familiar deep voice was heard. “I won’t allow it.”

 

Zelo’s eyes rounded in surprise. “Hyung!” He turned around with his head lowered, feeling guilty that Yongguk caught him in the act.

 

Yongguk had his arms crossed as he looked directly at his tall younger brother. “You’re coming with me young man, we have a lot to talk about.”

 

Zelo slowly shifted his gaze to Jongup, who had actually come to meet him for dance practice. Jongup gave him an apologetic look for being in a helpless situation. “I guess I’ll get going now. I’ll see you tomorrow, Zelo.” He lightly fisted Zelo’s arm and bowed to Yongguk before he left.

 

-----

 

Jongup got changed into more comfortable attire for practice. He and Zelo would often head to the dance academy after school to work on some dance moves. Jongup has been dancing for years now. It has always been his passion to choreograph and his wish was to perform. Having to practise alone today didn’t bother him at all. The only company he ever needed was the blasting of music from the speakers.

 

He walked out of the changing room with a smile, all pumped up for another session of self-expression. As he walked past the different dance studios along the corridor, the sight of a class in one of the rooms brought him to a halt.

 

He stopped to look through the small glass on the door. There was a ballet class being conducted. He watched as the ballerinas gracefully moved to the music. His eyes, however, were focused on one particular ballerina among the many. For ten years, he had been watching the very same girl in the same dance academy. He blinked dreamily as he admired not only her beauty, but how elegantly she moved her body and feet to the rhythm. A ‘swan princess’, he would call her.

 

Jongup was beginning to zone out as his gaze became softer. It took him a few blinks to realise he had been standing there for three minutes. He took one last look before walking away, but a pair of eyes caught his presence. “Holy !” He gawked for a second before pulling himself out of her sight.

 

He leaned against the wall with his hand on his chest. He didn’t know why he was panting, but his heart was racing madly. Damn Jongup! Get a hold of yourself or she’s gonna think you’re a stalker! He clenched his teeth and breathed deeply. Exhaling slowly to calm his nerves, he made his way to practice.