That XX

6 Ways To Love

 

It was another busy day at work for Chohee, who works as a marketing executive in a huge media firm. She was busy dealing with a client over the phone, flipping through papers furiously as she searched for the right documents to refer to. As soon as she hung up, she threw her weight on her comfortable, black office chair and huffed. “I wanna go home,” she pouted and whined to herself. The thought of Himchan suddenly crossed her mind. She took out her phone and was about to text him when there was a knock on her door. “Oh! Come in!” She quickly straightened herself up.

 

The person at the door happened to be her boss and she stood up to greet him. She noticed a blonde young man tailing him into her office and she did a double take at him before she realized who he was. Byunghun? What’s he doing here?

 

Her questions were answered as soon as they took a seat. “Miss Park, I’d like you to meet my son, Byunghun.” She felt a lump in and nervously gulped when her boss introduced him. Son? Lee Byunghun’s the son of CEO Lee? Her thoughts were interrupted when Byunghun cleared his throat and offered her a handshake. “A pleasure to meet you, Miss Park,” he smiled. There was something about that she didn’t like. Apart from the smile, his face showed no emotion. She could feel his eyes penetrating deep into her thoughts, as though trying to read her shocked expression. Unsure of what to say, she shook his hand and nodded. “You too, Mr Lee,” she firmly answered, mirroring his gaze.

 

“He’ll be overlooking the marketing department for my company, and given your impressive working standards I’d like you to be his assistant and work on everything together,” CEO Lee explained. Chohee’s body stiffened. The way Byunghun gazed at her reminded her of the times they were together and the time he brutally left her without a word. She snapped out of her emotions and convinced herself to take it professionally. Personal matters should be put aside when it comes to work. Unfortunately, Byunghun didn’t seem to share that opinion.

 

During tea break, he followed her to the pantry to talk things out. Chohee tried to ignore by walking around him when he blocked her way to the door, but he motioned to make her stay. “What do you want?” She hissed through her teeth. “It’s over between us! I’ve moved on and right now, I’m living with someone who loves me more than you did!” She snapped rather fiercely, but made sure to keep her tone down so others wouldn’t hear.

 

“Look, I’m sorry for what I did. I was a jerk. But at the point of time, I couldn’t explain things to you. Everything was too complicated! I loved you! And I still do. Please, just give me a chance to explain,” he pleaded.

 

They heard footsteps coming their way and Chohee grabbed the chance to make her way back to her office, not wanting to continue the conversation. Byunghun stared into space with apologetic eyes. He shut his eyes tight and took a deep breath before resuming back to work.

 

---

 

“Baby what’s wrong?” Himchan asked when he noticed Chohee barely touched her food.

 

“It’s nothing. I guess I was a little stressed at work today,” she sighed.

 

Himchan walked across the dining table to comfort her. “Hey, you know I’ll always be here for you if you need me. You know you can talk to me about everything,” he consoled her while her head.

 

Chohee was touched by his concern. That has always been Himchan’s charms. Keeping her happy was all that mattered to him and seeing her in any sort of discomfort – even the slightest bit - would make him worry.  “I’m fine, baby,” she cooed before planting a kiss on his cheek.

 

“You sure?” Himchan asked for assurance. This time, Chohee flashed him a weak smile and nodded. “Just promise me one thing,” she said. “Whatever happens, don’t leave me.” Her eyes immediately teared up, causing Himchan to cup her face with his hands to wipe the tears away. “I’ll keep that promise for as long as I live.” He gave her his trust with a passionate kiss that lasted for a quite a while before they tore away to look into each other’s eyes like any two people who are madly in love would.