Confessions

6 Ways To Love

 

’You’ve waited long enough, Moon Jongup. It’s now or never.’ Jongup held that thought as he skipped his way to the dance studio. He felt guilty for leaving Zelo behind, but he didn’t want the box of chocolates to melt away after more than half a day stuffed in his backpack. After all, he had prepared all he could to finally approach his Swan Princess – as far as talking to his reflection in the bathroom mirror counts. He thought he had watched her long enough – long enough that she probably wouldn’t be surprised to know if he actually had feelings for her and he wouldn’t be surprised to get reality checked if it turns out to be a one-sided love.

 

Although they’ve never talked, Jongup had a strong feeling in his heart that she wouldn’t do anything mean in return even if she didn’t feel the same way about him. He recalled having seen her give up her packed lunch for another friend who didn’t have anything for lunch. He had also witnessed her bringing home a puppy left drenched on the streets, which she now owns. He could pretty much gage how she would react to his confession – that is, if he would ever do it.

 

It was a Thursday, which means the ballet class would end a little earlier than usual. Thursdays were just days where the lessons were more like a run-through to check on the dancers’ progresses and warm-ups were conducted. Jongup made sure he would reach right about on time, checking his watch as he made his way into the building where the studios were located.

 

He pretended to jog past the class he intended to spy on. His sight flickered over the whole room as he scanned for the person he hoped to see, but after several failed attempts to spot her, he eventually gave up. He let out a soft sigh and stared at the box of chocolates in his hands. “I guess she already left,” he whispered to himself in dismay and walked away.

 

-----

 

As soon as Daehyun reached the park, his eyes softened at a familiar figure. He always came to the nearby park for a breath of fresh air, enjoying the scenery while he was there.  The best scenery, he thought, was the giant oak tree which stands strong on a small hill in the middle of the park. He enjoyed watching the sunset from the top of the hill, where the wind would be brushing against his skin. He remembered doing so one day, when he heard a soft and angelic voice singing on top of acoustic music. He had thought it came from the radio back then. To his surprise, the sound of heaven he heard had actually come from the other side of the oak tree, which was facing away from the sunset – the spot he usually sits on.

 

Curious, he had sneaked up to the other side to catch a glimpse of the owner of the beautiful voice. He took notice of her long, wavy brown hair, which would always be covering the left side of her face. He thought she looked like an angel. Nevertheless, it was her voice that caught his attention – and his heart. Her demure came second, as Daehyun noticed how she would be singing and enjoying the evening breeze. He felt how connected she was to nature and how such simple things could make her happy.

 

Today, he had come to make things different. He had always listened to her in discreet, but not today. He wanted to reveal himself and tell her how beautiful she was. He had thought a lot about it, even trying his best to hide his shy personality.

 

He took a deep breath as he slowly walked up to her from the opposite side of the tree. She was strumming her guitar, probably warming up to begin her solo session with Mother Nature. He stood by her side and cleared his throat - this time, not because he wanted attention, but because he felt the need to do so to loosen up a little. With all the bravery he had, he decided to kick it off with some manners. “Mind if I take a seat?”