Himchan's Loss

6 Ways To Love

 

It was already past midnight. Yongguk was alone in his recording studio, determined to finish off another piece of song he had been working on. He had been sitting on his desk for hours and he could feel fatigue taking over. As much as he wanted to get his work done, he was wise enough to know that inspiration can never be forced out of his guts. With that thought in mind, he placed his pen down and stretched his arms out as he let out a weary yawn.  Shortly after, he tidied up his work for the night and trod straight to his room.

 

He was about to take a hot shower when his phone rang. Strange. He thought. He rarely gets calls at this time of the night. He felt the sudden urgency to pick up the phone, sensing that something was off.

 

‘Bang! Bang! It’s Sojin! She- she was-’

 

Himchan was on the other line, panting as he spoke. Yongguk could hear him whimpering between the lines. He immediately knew something had terribly gone wrong.  It was unlikely for his childhood buddy to cry that badly. Yongguk tried to calm him down so he could register what Himchan was trying to say.

 

“Calm down, Chan. Tell me slowly now, what happened to Sojin?”

 

‘She- she got into a car accident… I can’t lose her now, Bang… I just can’t-’

 

Yongguk cut him off to rush straight to the point. “Which hospital are you at? I’ll be right there.”

 

As soon as Yongguk arrived, Himchan ran up to him with eyes full of sorrow. He tried to explain to Yongguk about the situation, but he couldn’t even utter a single word. He lowered his head and burst into tears on Yongguk’s shoulder. Right there and then, Yongguk knew it was too late. We lost her… We lost our Sojin…

 

Yongguk embraced Himchan and the back of his head to comfort his best friend. He knew there was nothing he could say or do to make things any better that day. On top of that, he knew the cheerful Kim Himchan had died away as well. Only time could heal the excruciating pain in his heart – the pain of losing someone he vowed to spend his whole life with.