Working At Café Infinite

Chasing You

 

Myungsoo and I walk through the doors of Café Infinite. As we walked in, we were greeted by an average sized man. He looked slightly older than 20 and had short, cropped brown hair. His eyes small yet they twinkled and glimmered.

He stretches out his arms to shake my hand, which I gladly return. Then he introduces himself, “I’m Kim Sunggyu, the boss of Café Infinite, pleasure to meet you.” He signals to Myungsoo to get cracking with his work and I am left standing alone.

I bowed and introduced myself, “I’m Jiyong, pleased to meet you. I hope we can get along.”

Sunggyu walks over to the counter and throws an apron over to me and beckons me to go to him. “You’ll be a waiter as of today. Do a good job.” After that he gives a light pat on my shoulder and exits out of the shop.

Then, I grab a lacquered wooden tray and begin my day’s work.

***

The hours fly by at lightning speed, my first day of work has come to an end.

I call out while pushing open the glass door “I’m leaving now, bye Myungsoo!” He looks behind and gives a wave.

Stepping outside into the cool and chilly atmosphere, I cupped my hands and exhaled some warm air. It was literally freezing outside.

Suddenly I hear a bicycle bell ringing, where did that come from?

I looked around, trying to identify the source of the sound. That was when I spotted Youngjae who was holding on to his bicycle, he gives a wide smile and asks, “Ready to go home?”

“Sure, I’m getting really tired here.” I get up on to the back seat of the bicycle and held onto Youngjae’s shoulders. And the bicycle begins to pedal away.

***

After what seemed like five minutes, the bicycle screeches to a sudden halt at the junction. The bicycle jerks abruptly, causing me to let go of Youngjae’s shoulders. In a state of shock, I grabbed on tightly to his waist and shut my eyes.

“Ah!”

***