Ending

Chasing You

Jiyong woke up from her dream, she now knew that it was a new day now.
A day without Howon, a day for a new start.
A day to make things start afresh.
She rolled to the other side of her bed and picked up her phone, she placed the receiver at her ear, "Youngjae?"

 

--- 3 and a half years later ---


"Jihyun! Youngmi! Where are you girls?" Jiyong's voice cooed out, where could her two little girls have gone. She raced out into the yard, searching high and low for the two minions. 

Just around the corner of the house, Daehyun appeared with Jihyun on his shoulders, "Mummy~!" Jiyong stormed over to her daughter who seem fearless and the least frightened, she pulled her daughter's rubber cheeks, "You little tomboy, do you know how worried mummy is!" 

She extended her hands to receive her daughter but Jihyun clung onto Daehyun's neck, refusing to let go. "Awww, do you love Uncle Dae that much?"

Jihyun nodded her head and with a teasing tone as she snuggled at Daehyun's neck, "I love Uncle Dae more than mummy!" Jiyong sighed, her daughter was only 2 years old but she was as willful and stubborn as a mule.

"Mummy!" another bubbly voice surfaced, it belonged to little princess Youngmi. Youngmi was Jihyun's older twin, she was much more refined in behavior and definitely more obedient. One of her hands were wrapping Myungsoo's index finger, "Sorry Jiyong, we kind of brought them out for a walk."

"It's okay," Jiyong smiled warmly at both of her children's godfathers and they tore apart from their little angels, soon they left the Yoo household.

Youngmi who was on the right side of her mum looked up with her big, brown eyes, "When's daddy coming home?"

Jihyun joined in, "I want daddy's piggyback ride!!"

Just then a pair of arms s round Jiyong's waist, she flipped around. Low and behold, her husband Youngjae was right behind her. "Miss me dear?" his voice whispered softly as he cuddled his wife.

"You bet I did, these girls have been so rowdy..." hardly before Jiyong could finish up her sentence, Jihyun tugged at her father's pants. Immdiatedly his attention shifts to his daughters as he enveloped them into a big hug, "Daddy missed you guys!"

Jiyong ran back into the house and came back out with a cake in her hands, it was to celebrate Youngjae's return from his overseas studying. Shortly after year after dating, Youngjae decided to propose to Jiyong, they had a happy wedding. And shortly after a month or two, they were expecting twins.

Unfortunately, Youngjae was offered a scholarship to study in a prestigous college, leaving behind Jiyong for 2 years. Occasionally he came back to visit her, on one occasion he came back just in time for the delivery of his daughters.

Now, he was here to stay in Korea.

***

Youngjae slipped into the bed while Jiyong was all comfortable and ready for a night's rest. "Our girls grow really quickly, very soon they will turn 3... Time flies, doesn't it?"

Jiyong flipped over to face her husband, "You don't say Mr Smarty Pants." Youngjae gave a little poke at her stomach, he proceeded to tickle her belly, Jiyong screamed wildly as she slapped his arms. 

After a few hits, he stopped and pulled Jiyong close to him, "Have an early night my dear." He pecked her forehead as Jiyong was slowly lulled into a deep sleep. Soon, he had dozed off too.

From outside the window, Howon looked inside, he had just checked Jihyun and Youngmi's room just to make sure they were sound asleep before checking on his girl who now belonged to someone else.

He felt heartwarmed as he watched how Jiyong was so carefree and happy, he knew that he had not regretted his decision.

With that he left to where he truly belonged.

***

A/N:

we have reached the end! thank you so much for bearing with my snail like updates. and i hope you have enjoyed the story :)
many thanks to all subbies and silent readers! i doubt i would have completed this story if i had never put up the poll. and because of the six people who voted YES, i eventually decided to give this story an ending. although abrupt but i am glad to have finished it officially!!

do check out my other stories :D

Mission Code Exo     One Shot Collections    The Coma    Perfect Landing