Discovery

Chasing You

 

My aching legs drag me up to my room; my muscles relax as I plopped onto my bed.  I lay quietly for a few moments before the vibrations of my phone brought me back to earth.

I fished out my phone from my pocket and the screen lit up with a new message notification.

To: Jiyong
From: Youngjae

Jiyong-gie, please have an early night. I’ll come check on you tomorrow. ^^

My heart wrenches at the mention of the first word, arrows of guilt hit me. What had prompted me to accept his confession? Just what will I do now?

Grabbing my pillow, I buried myself into it and lulled myself to sleep with my muffled, frustrated cries.

***

Morning lights greet me as I awoke, my heavy eyelids swollen from my crying. The room door pry open as Yongguk walks in, “How’s my little penguin doing? Doctor Yonggukie is here.”

In his arm was a tray with a glass of water and some antibiotics. I popped it into my mouth and gulped down my water.

Yongguk gives a pat on my head, which was then that I realized something, “Don’t you have work today? Oh, and I have work too later! I need to-”

“Woah, calm down, little penguin,” he lays his hands on my shoulders. “You’re not leaving this house for today. I took a half day off, Youngjae will come over later and he already told your boss that you’re not coming.”

“Wait Youngjae is coming later?” I muttered under my breath.

Yongguk lifts up the tray and walks towards the door, “Oh and please spend some quality with your boyfriend.” He sticks out his tongue, “Your brother is all knowing, and don’t you forget.”

Wait now Yongguk-oppa knows… someone help me…

Then, Yongguk’s voice calls out from below, “Jiyong, you have a parcel!”

I flipped over my blanket and hurried down to the living room where a guy was sitting.

“Are you Bang Jiyong?” I nodded my head, “Yes…”

He takes up the box from his lap and chaffed it into my hands, “I’m Woohyun, Howon’s friend. He asked me to pass this to you.”

With that the stranger leaves the house. Peculiar much.

***

I removed the lid of the cardboard box and dug inside, there was a stack of letter tied together with a ribbon.

My fingers undid the ribbon and it randomly pulls out a lavender coloured envelope. On the back of it my name was legibly written. I opened up the envelope and read the letter.



 

Jiyong,

                You’ll probably get some shocking revealations from this letter so please be mentally prepared… Erm, I’ll try to express my words well.

                First, I have know you since you were just a kid. Actually it’s earlier than that. Let’s just say that we are very OLD friends. I know what you like and dislike. If I were to describe you with an object, I’d describe you as a thunderstorm cloud.

                You can be really scary at some times but when the weather calms down, you’ll become a fluffy little cloud. Fluffy Jiyong!

                I have said a lot,  but I just want to tell you one thing.

                I like you.
                I like you, Bang Jiyong.
                And I hope you feel the same way.

-Howon



 

Howon… he likes me…

 

 

 

A tear rolls down my face, then another and another. Soon, streams of tears trickled down my cheeks and dripped continuously.

How could I have not known?

***

A/N:

hello everybody, i'm back and i finally updated~! shall try to write out the next chapter so hopefully today will be a double update. if i don't update then i'm really sorry.

for those of you who kind of got a disappointment from the previous chapter, hear this: the story is not over yet. things will DEFINITELY develop (hint hint) so please anticipate the story's development :)

like i said before, this is my most busy year. just received my art o level question paper on fri. basically its a coursework that is spanned over 6 months and i have to prepare 8 A3 boards(all filled without spaces) and a A1 sized painting. and i'm only using pens (signo DX) and some wash (watercolour) as my only mediums. so basically i am staying back in school every single day and rushing homework and sketches until past 12 everyday. so please go easy on me :( imma sleep deprived kid.

i'll still try my best to update every sat! please send lots of luck to me and my stories :D

 

okay onto spazzing here now. INFINITE H. have you seen their MV? skinship, awwww. they're both so cute and fluffy and awkward much. /squealing/ my fangirl feels couldn't be contained...gaaaaaah

and boyfriend's IYAH. like starship ent finally decided to put hyunseong at the front towards the end of the song. they should give him more recognition! OH and HELLO BABY! omg~ their kids! bad sadly now they only have 2 kids. it was supposed to be 3 :( poor hyunseong's little kid is gone. (mourn along with me for hyunseong /cries/) and their MV came out while i was having self study period in sch so i was trying to load it, it took half an hour. basically there were so many people watching it at the same time.

enough of my ranting here. just updating you guys on my life, yep imma weird kid. hope you've enjoyed this chapter, comments are much appreciated! 

~travellator~