Guilt Ridden

Chasing You

 

(Jiyong’s POV)

My eyes flutter open, I could feel my head pounding and aching. As my eyes slowly adjust to the surroundings, I gradually realize that I was lying in the hospital. My brother, Yongguk was dozing off at my bedside.

I struggled to push my weak up into a sitting position, as a result making the bed shake. Yongguk awakens with a startle because of the movement. “Ah, Jiyong, you’re awake?”

“What happened?” I asked with a dry throat, it felt like I have been asleep for days.

“You caught a cold from the rain and you fainted. Luckily, Youngjae brought you here.”

A pang of guilt hits me, I had harshly rejected him and yet he still bothered to help me. I pursed my lips; no words could describe how bad I felt.

The door creaks open and a face peeks in. Slowly, the door opens up wider to reveal Youngjae, with bandages wrapped round his ankle. Did he sprain his leg earlier on? Was it because of me that it became worse?

“Yongguk, could I talk to Jiyong for a while?” My brother nods slightly before taking his leave.

With Yongguk gone, awkward silence roams around the room.

“Jiyong, I’m not asking you to accept me, but can’t you listen to me? I really like you but I’ll still want to hear from you personally.”

My internal self debates on how I should answer, I am in a struggle whether to accept him. I’d wish answers could fall from the sky when these things happen.

A minute drags by, my lips part slightly as I mumbled a soft ‘Yes’. Youngjae’s eyes widen in shock, he blinks a several times. “I’m not dreaming? Did you just say yes?”

Weakly I put on a forced smile, I had accepting him with a heart of guilt. With my answer, I thought I would have been relieved of guilt yet it was contrary to what I thought.

What would I do now?

***

A/N:

sorry for such a short chapter update. been really busy at school and today i was out for school open houses. because i'm out to find my goal in life, yessir! but anyways, hope you guys enjoyed :) do give lots of comments and subsribe if you like. i will try to update soon!