Second Surprise

My Boyfriend, Boyfriend: Surprises

Startled, I pushed the person away and faced them. The person was tall and well built. He wore a black hooded jacket with the hood pulled over his head. A black mask covered his mouth and nose. I could see his sleek black bangs swept over the right side of his face. He winked at me and tossed a rose with a note on it towards me, then ran off in the opposite direction he came. I caught the rose and read the note out loud.

“Prom?” I read. “What?”

Then it hit me. I gasped loudly and looked in the direction the person headed off in.

“Donghyun?” I called out to no avail.

Before I could turn around again, another person in the same apparel swept in and lifted me off my feet bridal style. I looked into his eyes in surprise. His short bangs curled up against the left side of his forehead, really emphasizing his sharp eyebrows and gentle eyes. He placed me down on my feet and squeezed my cheeks, making my lips stick out. I stood awestruck as he ran off.

“Hyun Seong?” I asked, touching my cheek.

“Ah!” I shrieked as another person pulled me backwards, tipping me over his arm. He quickly pulled out a handkerchief and gently placed in on my lips as he leaned in. I cringed, thinking he was going to kiss me. He simply came closer, merely centimeters away from my lips, and winked. He then stood me back up and ran off, leaving me confused as I held the handkerchief.

“Jeongmin?” I asked.

Another guy ran past me, dropping a paper on the ground. I crouched down and picked it up to see that it was a report card. The grades were beyond average, making me very impressed. I read on to see the teacher comments saying that he was a genius for using dancing as a study habit. I gasped upon realization.

“Minwoo!” I shouted.

The guy stopped and turned around. He waved and smiled. He then ran backwards, his long, side-swept bangs bouncing up and down as he disappeared around the corner. I clenched my hands into fists, determined to catch the next person to pass. I was surprised when I noticed that it was raining sunflower petals. Another person ran past me with a basket of sunflowers, the petals scattering and floating onto the ground as he ran. I immediately realize who he was after seeing his lightly tinted brown hair and bright, round eyes.

“Youngmin!” I shouted, chasing after him. “Wait! Stop running away from me!”

“Crap,” I heard him whisper under his breath.

I began slowing down as Youngmin sped on, turning a corner and disappearing. I turned into the same hallway he went down and walked towards the door at the end of the hallway. Breathing heavily, I opened the door slowly. I was caught off guard when another person stepped out, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. He threw off his facemask and pressed his lips against mine. My head spun and my face heated up as the kiss dragged on. I could feel myself melt in his arms. Once he let go, I stared into his eyes and cupped his cheeks in my hands.

“Kwangminnie,” I whispered.

“Hello again, Minnie,” he greeted, giving me another peck on the lips.

I touched my finger to my lips and looked at him in disbelief.

“I can’t believe it… is it really you,” I said, shaking my head slowly.

“You better believe it, baby. You’re looking at Jo Kwangmin in the flesh,” he chuckled, lifting my head up with his hand.

“Kwangmin!” I cheered, tackling him.

Kwangmin stumbled backwards and caught himself before he tripped over a small table. He hooked his arms under mine and lifted me up, swinging me around.

“All right, all right, that’s enough you two. You’re going to end up breaking something,” Donghyun chuckled, removing his hood and mask.

I looked around the room to see the eyes of five boyfriend members and a few staff members staring back at me. I gawked at them as I let go of Kwangmin. I looked at Kwangmin who shrugged and slapped him on the arm.

“Ow,” he laughed, holding his arm. “What?”

“You kissed me in front of everyone!” I whined.

“Not everyone… just close friends and some staff members,” he joked.

“Not funny!” I complained, slapping him on the arm again.

“Okay, before things get any crazier,” Hyun Seong stepped in. He pulled the string to his party popper and smiled. “Happy reunion time!”

The other boys removed their hoods and masks and popped poppers and blew noisemakers. Everyone in the room cheered as confetti and sparkles showered the room. Minwoo playfully whipped out a bubble gun and blew bubbles all over. I giggled as I popped the bubbles and glanced at each of the boys. They were all grown up. They had gone from the boys I knew from Boyfriend to men. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I was finally standing face to face with Boyfriend again. I threw my arms out and they crowded in for a group hug.

“Oh, I missed you guys so much,” I sighed. “You guys have changed so much, yet you’re still the cheerful boys I remembered from years ago.”

“It’s always good to see you again,” Youngmin commented.

“I missed you a lot, too, Go Min Hee-ah!” Minwoo cooed.

“Oh, by the way,” I backed away from the hug and grabbed a party popper. I pulled the string and smiled. “Welcome to America, Boyfriend!”


;) Just saying, I used the Janus concept to describe them in this chapter.