Third Surprise

My Boyfriend, Boyfriend: Surprises

After chatting on and on, the boys had to go onstage for their introduction. I smiled and cheered them on before taking my own seat in the VIP area. Their performance was spectacular. It’d been so long since I had heard them live. Not only did they mature in age, they matured in talent and work, too. Their voices were beautiful, better than ever. They’re experience in the music industry truly showed through their vocals, they’re dancing, too!

Minwoo surely lived up to his title as the best dancer after taking on the group’s dance solos. The twins got even harder to tell apart after Starship had Youngmin dye his hair back, but I could tell which twin was my Kwangmin from a mile away. Jeongmin was flipping his hair here and there and winking into the crowd, sending hundreds of girls’ hearts fluttering. Hyun Seong performed a few solo songs, showing off his soulful voice. I was impressed to see that Donghyun’s sense of fashion was past my expectations. He had told me he helped to design the outfits for today’s concert. I had expected to be impressed, but I didn’t expect to be blown away.

The concert ended, leaving me to feel a bit empty inside. I couldn’t believe it had ended so soon. Now I had to leave Boyfriend once again, only able to contact them through long distance methods. I met the boys backstage again. They all slumped out on chairs and couches, drinking water bottle after bottle.

“How were we?” Kwangmin chuckled, sipping from his bottle.

“Perfect as always,” I commented.

“You’re just trying to be nice and passive,” Jeongmin laughed. “Now if only you were passive about dumping Kwangmin and going out with me…”

“Yah!” Kwangmin shouted, angrily reaching backwards toward his hyung.

“I’m joking!” Jeongmin chuckled, jumping away.

I watched the boys joke among them as my expression drooped. I was crestfallen about the whole situation. Kwangmin took a glance at me and saddened. He stood up and walked towards me, the boys’ attention following him. He lifted my chin up to his face and smile.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“It’s nothing,” I said, trying to hide my sorrows with a smile.

“That’s not your real smile. I know because I always feel better when you smile. Right now… mm… not feeling so good,” Kwangmin joked, making me giggle. “Come on, tell Kwangminnie.”

I sighed and puffed my cheek out before replying, “The concert ended too fast.”

“What do you mean?” Donghyun spoke up, raising an eyebrow towards me.

“It’s just… after this, I won’t be able to see you guys face to face again until who-knows-when,” I said. “I just… don’t want to leave you guys again. I missed you so much.”

“Oh, Min Hee-ah,” Hyun Seong comforted, patting me on the back.

“I think I can help,” my dad said, entering the room.

“Dad?” I asked, turning towards the door. “How?”

“You just got your diploma in music business didn’t you?” He asked.

“Yeah, but what’s that got to do with anything?” I asked, curious as to what he would answer.

“Well, you see, the manager of Boyfriend had just recently been promoted to a higher position in the company. You see, the job is now open and, with Boyfriend being on tour, we’re in desperate need of a manager. Since you’re so close to the boys and all… would you be willing to take up the job?”

I gawped at his answer. I looked at him and the boys then pointed toward myself.

“Me?” I asked.

“Yes, you,” my dad smiled, nodding.

“No way. Don’t I have to do an interview or something like that? I mean am I really qualified?” I asked, running through the questions.

“Slow down, Min Hee!” My dad said, calming me down. “It’s all right. We still have your files from your trainee… um… days… and because I recommended you, you’re in the clearing and welcomed. You are more than qualified for the job. You’re trained in the music business, close to the boys, and most of all, I know that you’ll get the job done. A manager’s job is to help the boys get their jobs done, and you’ve done plenty more than shown me you can do so.”

“You’re not kidding?” I asked.

“Do I look like I’m kidding?” He said sternly, making a serious face.

I gasped and turned toward Kwangmin. I jumped into his arms and pumped my fist into the air.

“I got a job! I can stay with you guys! Ah!” I screamed.

Everyone cheered and clapped in congratulations and joy at the sudden development.


I bet you're all just dying to know the reason why they blocked her... Well, there's three more chapters until that LOL... jk jk, it's probably next ;)