C H A P T E R 9

Step By Step

The next day, we packed up again. JB wanted us to go to a different place. We got on his jet and it flew to a small island off New Caledonia. It was an island called, L'Ilot Maitre. It was beyond the nature beauty. What I didn’t like was the only places they have for rent were the bungalows that were on top of the water. It was pretty how it’s like that, but the water is what I hate the most.

"You’re going to be fine," Youngjae said. He held my hand tightly as we walked to our room. We made to it and entered.

"I like the other bungalow better than this one," I mentioned. Youngjae laughed and kissed my cheek.

"You’ll be ok,"

"I don’t feel like it though."

"Stop worrying,"

"Fine…if I can…"

We set our luggage down and left back out. JB held another party. It’s like the only thing he could do. We were eating on the beach with torches lit up as the sun was setting. Youngjae and JB walked off to talk, while Vicky walked over to me.

"You don’t look so good," she said with a worried face.

"Oh I’m ok," I smiled. I must admit, I wasn’t feeling so well. It was the water that’s making me like this.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded my head assuring her I’m alright. She shrugged her shoulders and continues talking about some random stuff. I didn’t pay attention to her; instead my eyes were at Youngjae and JB from afar. What are they talking about? After awhile, Youngjae came back.

"What were you guys talking about?" I asked.

"Business," he replied.

"What kind of business?"

"The kind you don’t need to know about," he smiled and pecked my lips. I pouted and glare at him. What business is not important for me to know about?

After another long night, we left back to our bungalows.

"I really really don’t like it here," I said. "The water makes me feel nausea."

"Just for tonight, we can find a different place to sleep at tomorrow," he said. I nodded my head and went to sleep.

 

+~+

 

The next morning, I woke up late. My head was a bit dizzy.

"Youngjae," I called his name. No one replied. I looked around. Where did Youngjae go?

I got up and changed, then left out. Everyone was up and chatting by the shore. I walked up to them.

"Have you guys seen Youngjae?" I asked.

"He went to JB’s bungalow," Yong Guk said. "You can check there."

"Oh deh thank you," I bowed and left. I walked up to the door and was about to knock when Vicky walked out.

"Oh hello Hyoin," she smiled.

"Hello Vicky," I greeted back. "Is Youngjae in there?"

"Oh deh, they kicked me out so they can talk BUSINESS," she said and rolled her eyes.

"Oh…"

"Let’s go get some drinks together,"

I nodded as she dragged me away. There was a small bar by the shore. We both sat down and Vicky ordered the drink. I looked at the ocean and smiled.

"It’s a beautiful view from here,"

"You’ve never been here before?"

"It’s my first time,"

"Oh, you should come here often. It’s good to release some stress."

I nodded.

"Here," she smiled handing me a cup of juice. "I know you don’t drink wine and stuff."

"Oh thanks," I grabbed the juice.

"One shots?" she looked at me.

"I’m not good at that," I laughed.

"Come on, doesn’t hurt to try right?" she smiled. I shrugged my shoulders and tried my best to drink all of the juice. Luckily I did it all in one-shot.

"Woah, I thought you said you weren’t good?" Vicky looked at me.

"First goner’s luck I guess," I laughed and placed the cup down on the counter.

"I think they should be done talking," Vicky said and got up. "Let’s head back."

I nodded as we walk back to the bungalows. My head started to feel dizzier this time. I looked ahead but everything was blurry. Suddenly I tripped and fell into the water.

"HYOIN!" I heard Vicky yelled. I tried to swim, but I couldn’t.

"Help!!" I yelled. I did my best to keep myself up and get air. The dizziness came in again. I weakened and fell down deeper into the water. This can’t be happening again…

[Flashback]

"You’re pathetic Hyoin," Kina smirked. "Don’t think you’re all this and that when you’re Youngjae’s girlfriend?"

"What are you talking about?" I looked at her confused.

"Have fun…swimming!" Kina pushed me into the swimming pool.

"HELP!" I yelled. "Help me! I can’t swim!"

I only heard laughter and suddenly.

"HYOIN!" a figure jumped into the pool and I felt a pair of arms around me. The figure pulled me out. I coughed out the water.

"Hyoin, are you okay?"

I looked up to see Youngjae. I suddenly hugged him.

"Thank you," I said.

[End of flashback]

I felt a pair of arms around me. It pulled me up to the surface.

"Are you sure she’s not dead?" I heard Zelo.

"Yah don’t say that!" Ali said.

"Hyoin! Hyoin noona! Can you hear me?" I heard Jong Up’s voice.

"Jong Up oppa, is Hyoin unnie going to be okay?" Jiki added. I suddenly coughed out water.

"UNNIE!" Jiki and Ali hugged me. "Thank goodness you’re ok. We were scared!"

"Hyoin? Hyoin!" I heard Youngjae. I slowly sat up and saw him running towards me.

"What happened?" he asked.

"She fell into the water and drowned," Jong Up said. "She should be ok now."

“Thanks,” Youngjae said.

"Hyoin looks tired, take her to get some rest."

Youngjae carried me bridal style and left to our bungalow.

"Where were you?" i asked weakly.

"I was still talking with JB, i'm sorry," he said and laid me down on the bed. "You change first; i'm going to go order some soup."

I nodded my head. Youngjae left and i went to change out of my wet clothes. After finishing, i left back to the bed and lay down.

"So Youngjae saved me back then too?" i thought and suddenly smiled. "I'm glad some memories are coming back..."

I slowly closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

 

+~+

 

"Hyoin," Youngjae placed his hand on my forehead.

"Oh you're back," i open my eyes and smiled.

"You're burning," he widened his eyes.

"I'm ok," i sat up.

"No, you're sweating!" he said. "Stay there, i'm going to go get a bowl of water."

He left and soon came back with what he needed. Youngjae dipped the dry towels into the bowl and told me to lie down. I followed what he said and went back down. He placed the cold wet towel on my forehead.

"That's refreshing," i said. "It doesn't hurt as much as earlier."

"I'm sorry you got sick," he said.

"It's ok~" i smiled and held his hand. He held on tighter and smiled back.

"We're leaving home tomorrow," he added.

"Already?"

"I'm cutting off the project with JB,"

"Why?"

"He only needed my money to grow his company."

"What about the Jung Orphanage?"

"Daehyun got it covered. All of us are leaving tomorrow but JB and Vicky."

"Good. I don't feel really well either."

He changed the towels and kissed my cheek.

"Have a good sleep and get well soon," he got up and left.

 

+~+

 

The next day, Youngjae's private jet flew to the island. He helped me onto the plane as his assistant, Mr. Kang, got our luggage. The plane flew back to Seoul. We arrived home. Youngjae helped me to our room and left to make some soup. He came back up and fed me.

"You're always getting sick," he said blowing onto the spoon full of hot rice porridge.

"And you don't," i laughed. He smiled and continues feeding me.