C H A P T E R 8

Step By Step

A couple weeks passed by quickly. Me and Youngjae got closer to each other.

"Hyoin-ah~~~" Youngjae sang as he entered the kitchen.

"What is it?" I asked and looked at him. He came and back hugged me.

"We’re going to New Caledonia for a vacation," he smiled.

"REALLY?!" I yelled and looked at him with wide eyes. He nodded.

"JB and his girlfriend asked me to bring you and the other guys along," he said.

"JB?" I tilted my head. "Oh that guy that opened the door for me when I reached your office."

Youngjae nodded his head.

"But I can’t go in the water," I suddenly said.

"Oh I forgot," Youngjae said his face changing into a disappointed one. "You’re afraid of drowning."

I sighed and hung my head then widened my eyes and lifted them up again.

"Wait, I just remembered that I’m afraid of deep water," I smiled and looked at Youngjae.

"Aww, I wanted to go to New Caledonia," he said and suddenly held my temples. "Forget that you drown once. FORGET IT ALL~~~"

"Yah, are you crazy?!" I hit his forehead. "We can go. I just c-can’t go near water."

"If you drown again, I’ll get murder by Hyosung,"

"I won’t go near water then, I promise."

"Ok then!" he smiled and kissed my cheek.

"When are we going?" I asked.

"The day after tomorrow. You should get to packing. You usually take days to pack."

I packed all I need in one day. I zipped up my luggage and sat down.

"Finally finish," I wiped of the sweat.

"Wow, you actually finish packing in one day," Youngjae sounded surprised. I shook my head and stood up.

"You’re not packing?"

"I already finished hours ago,"

"Oh…"

"Tired?"

"Yeah, I didn’t know packing was this tiring."

"Get some rest,"

"You’re not going to sleep yet?"

"I’m going to watch TV for awhile then I’ll sleep,"

I nodded my head and went to change. I went under the covers and drifted off to sleep.

 

+~+

 

It was finally the day that we were leaving for New Caledonia. Me and Youngjae met up with the others at the airport and left all together on JB’s privet jet. The air assistants were nice. They prepared food for us and drinks also. We finally reached New Caledonia.

"I don’t remember it looking like this…" I whispered.

"Did you forget that you lost your memory?" Youngjae asked. I looked at him and smiled. We got off the jet and got our luggage. Some car came and took us to the beach. JB met with some guy who handed him sets of keys. JB came back and handed each couple a key.

"Leave your luggage in the room and come back out," JB said. "Meet here for a party."

We all nodded and left to our rooms or should I say bungalow. Me and Youngjae finally found ours.

Me and Youngjae entered the bungalow. It was very nice. There is an outdoor terrace, living area, large master bedroom, and a spacious bathroom with separate shower.

"Like it so far?" he asked looking at me. I nodded my head and went to look out the window.

"New Caledonia is beautiful," I smiled. I suddenly felt arms around my waist.

"But you’re more beautiful," Youngjae whispered and plant a kiss on my cheek.

"What do we do now?"

"Go to the party," Youngjae smiled and took my hand. We locked our room and left. The sun was setting when we all reached the place JB requested. There were separate tables, enough for each couple.

"Mr. and Mrs. Yoo," a waiter said in English. He guided us to our table.

"What would you like to order?"

I grabbed the menu and looked at it. I ordered some fruit dish and that was all.

"That’s all you’re ordering?" Youngjae asked looking at me. I nodded my head. Our food arrived and we ate. Soon JB stood up and smiled.

"I want to thank everybody we took their precious time to come here," he started. "This is a celebration for the Yoo Company and JYP Corporation collaboration project. Thanks to my friend Youngjae, my company will complete its first ever biggest project, building a children home for the orphans at Jung Orphange."

We clapped and cheered. JB held his cup of wine high.

"Cheers," he smiled.

"Cheers!~" we all said after him and drank.

"You never told me about the project," I whispered to Youngjae.

"You never asked," he shrugged his shoulders.

"How am I suppose to ask you such a question when I don’t even in with your work?" I looked at him.

"Uh…" he couldn’t reply. "Eat your food it’s getting cold."

After the dinner, there was a firework show. Music was being played as we dance, chat, and play games. The party ended late and we left back to our bungalow.

 

+~+

 

They next morning everyone went water skiing, while I sat on the bungalow’s porch.

"You must be Hyoin?" someone asked. I turned my head and look.

"Oh hello," I greeted.

"Stupid JB didn’t introduce me to you yet," she smiled. "I’m Vicky, JB’s girlfriend."

"Oh it’s nice to meet you," I smiled. "Have a seat."

Vicky sat down right next to me.

"You’re not going to water ski with them?" I asked her.

"Ahni," she replied. "You?"

"Me neither," I said.

"I heard about your accident," Vicky said. "JB told me everything."

"Oh," I just nodded my head. How did JB know about it? Youngjae must’ve told him.

"I feel very sorry for you," she added. I looked at her weirdly. Sorry? For what?

"You’ll regain them again someday," she said.

"Oh thanks,"

"Well I have to go," she got up. "I still need to go meet up with some friends."

"Oh, ok then bye~" I waved.

"Do you want to come along?"

"It’s ok; I’m fine staying here,"

"Come on," Vicky came back and dragged me up. "I want to show you to my friends."

"Oh deh," I said and followed her. We walked out of the beach and to a near pool. I didn’t want to go near it.

"Hey guys!" Vicky yelled waving to a girl and 3 guys.

"VICKY!" they yelled back. She ran off and hugged them. I stood from afar and watched.

"Who’s that?"

"Oh come over here Hyoin!" she called. I slowly walked towards her. "Everybody meet Hyoin. She’s JB’s friend’s wife."

"Nice to meet you Hyoin~" they all greeted. I smiled and greeted them back.

"This is JR, Taecyeon, Jokwon, and Suzy," Vicky pointed to each. We went to walking around the beach. Suzy was with Taecyeon, Jokwon and Vicky were talking, JR was walking beside me but we’re quiet.

"So…do you like it here?" JR started.

"Oh deh, it’s beautiful," I smiled. "You?"

"Same," he added. I looked a far and saw the others returning.

"Vicky, we should head back," I called. She didn’t turn.

"I guess she didn’t hear me…" I whispered. "JR, could you tell Vicky that I’m going back to the others?"

"Sure," he smiled. I turned but lost balance because I stepped on a rock and fell. Luckily JR caught me before I hit the sand. Our faces were just centimeters away.

"Oh, thank you," I said getting back on my feet.

"Hyoin!" Vicky called. She walked towards us.

"The others are back," she said.

"Oh I called you earlier but I guess you couldn’t hear me," I said.

"Oh I’m sorry,"

"It’s ok,"

"AH!" JR yelled covering his eyes.

"Oh, are you okay JR?" I asked looking at him.

"Something just got in my eye eight now," he said.

"Let me see," I grabbed onto his face and look closely at his eyes. "Let me blow into it. That should work."

He nodded. I moved my face closer to his and blew some air.

"YAH! HYOIN!" I heard Youngjae’s voice. I turned and saw him running towards me with an angry face. Before I could ask him what caused his face, he walked past me and punch JR in the face.

"YOUNGJAE!" I yelled. "Why did you just punch JR?"

"WHY?!" he yelled. "You were kissing him, with me all the way over there staring at you!"

"Kissing?" I asked. "He had something stuck in his eye, so I helped blew it out."

"COME WITH ME!" Youngjae yelled and dragged me away.

"Let go," I said. "It’s hurting my wrist."

He still continues dragging me.

"I SAID LET GO!" I yelled and tugged my hand off. I used so much energy that I fell backwards and landed on my . "What’s wrong with you?"

"Don’t go near JR," Youngjae said and helped me up.

"Great another person added to the not-go-near list," I rolled my eyes and stood up. "What’s wrong with him?"

"He’s a ert,"

"ert? I was talking with him, he doesn’t even sound like a ert! Why are you judging people so much! Yukwon first now JR?! Can’t you be like them?!"

"So being with them is better than being with me?!"

"I-I didn’t mean it like that Youngjae," I looked at him. His eyes were red and watery. He walked away before I could talk more. I sighed and watched him.

"Are you okay?" I heard Jieun. I nodded and follow after Youngjae. He threw his wet towel on the floor and entered the bathroom. I sat on the sofa waiting for him to come out. He finally came out after awhile.

"Let’s talk," I said.

"I’m tired," he reply back and went to the bedroom. I enter the bedroom with him.

"CAN YOU PLEASE STOP?!" I yelled tired of his attitude. "I came here to spend some time with you on this beautiful resort. Please stop acting like that. I didn’t come for this to happen."

I didn’t know why but I started to cry.

"We are supposed to spend our time here together happily. Not argue and yell at each other."

He suddenly hugged me and kissed my head.

"I’m sorry," Youngjae whispered. "Stop crying~."

He pulled back and wiped away my tears.

"Let’s sleep,"

I nodded my head.