C H A P T E R 14

Step By Step

I woke up the next morning. I stood up and rubbed my eyes. I walked downstairs and looked towards the living room. It was empty. Hm…where’s Youngjae? I enter the kitchen and he was there setting up some food.

"What are you doing?" I asked Youngjae. He turned his head and smiled towards me.

"I cooked breakfast," he replied cleaning his hands with a towel. I walked towards him and look at the table. It was full of delicious food.

"You cooked all of these?" I asked. He nodded his head and pulled out a chair. I sat down as he handed me a plate.

"You’re not eating?" I asked.

"I’m not hungry," he replied and walked away. Before he could disappear out of the kitchen, I got out of the chair and ran towards him and hugged him tightly.

"I’m sorry about yesterday," I said. "I know I should be hating you right now, I tried to, but I just can’t."

I felt Youngjae turned and hugged me back. I don’t know why but I started to cry. He caressed my hair and deeply kissed me. We both went to sit back at the table. He fed me the food as we both smiled. Suddenly my stomach started to ache.

"Hyoin?" he asked. I tried to stand up but ended up falling down to the floor.

"HYOIN!" Youngjae yelled and got down to hold me. He took me to the hospital. I was treated again.

"Youngjae…," the doctor looked at him. "Can I talk with you outside?"

"Su-," Youngjae said.

"I want to know it doctor," I said. "Please don’t hide it away from me."

The doctor looked at Youngjae as he nodded his head.

"Hyoin," the doctor said. I looked at him, worried about what he’s going to say.

"It’s been clear that you won’t be able to have another baby," he said.

"WHAT?" me and Youngjae said shocked.

"Like I said after that car accident," he said. "When we removed your 1st baby, you’re stomach was damaged badly. We were lucky enough to have you living. But we’re very sorry you won’t be able to have another one." The doctor bowed and left.

"Andwae," I started to cry and cry. Youngjae came and hugged me.

"ANDWAE!" I yelled and screamed.

"Hyoin," he said and hugged me tighter. "I’m sorry…"

We left home that night. Youngjae helped me to our room and we went to sleep. The next day, I woke up and felt no one beside me. I got up and looked around. On the floor were taped arrows leading out the door. I tilted my head and follow them. The arrows went down the stairs and pass the living room into the kitchen and out the back sliding glass door. It finally stopped at the small water fountain. Youngjae was standing in front in his white suit and held a bouquet of white flowers.

"W-what is this Youngjae?" i asked walking up to him.

"Hyoin," he grabbed my hand. I looked at him straight in the eyes.

"Will you marry me?" he smiled.

"W-what?" i was shocked. "B-but-."

"I don't care about that Hyoin-ah~" he said. "You're all i need."

I started to cry.

"Why are you crying?" he quickly wiped away my tears. I hugged him tightly.

"I would love to," i said. Youngjae pulled back and we kissed passionately.

 

+~+

 

The following month, we had our actual wedding. After saying our vows, we kissed and after that was the start of a new chapter. I was still in my wedding dress when we arrived at our house. The floor was covered with flower petals and the lights were out. The only thing shining were all the candles that lighted the way to our room.

"Did you do all of this?" I asked and laughed. Without replying, he just carried me bridal style and left upstairs.

"You’re heavy," he joked.

"Yah! I am not!" I said. "You’re the one with the chubby cheeks!" I pinched his cheeks. He dropped me on the bed and rubbed them.

"That hurts!" he argued. I just laughed. He then came closer towards me and plant a kiss on my lips.

"Are you happy that we’re officially married?" I asked.

"More than happy," he smiled in return.

"But why would you still want to marry me even when I can’t have a baby for us?" I asked.

"I just need you in my life," he replied and kissed my lips again. "Just you."

And that night was a night full of love.

 

[AN: I don’t write ! If you wanna, go read a random Youngjae story and then come back to continue the rest of the story~ :)]

 

+~+

 

The following weeks I went to work. Everything was normal like usual.

"You have a visitor Mrs. Yoo," Kaeri said.

"Oh who is it…" my voice trailed off as I saw the person. "Juli?"

"Hello," she greeted.

"My, your stomach has grown bigger," I smiled. "Do you know if it is a girl or a boy?"

"It’s a girl," she replied. "I came here to give you an invitation card for our baby shower."

"Oh thank you," I said and took the card.

"I wanted to say sorry once again," Juli said. "It was my fault that you lost Yoojin. Please forgive me." She got down to her knees.

"Aigoo, why are you doing this again?" I asked and told her to get up. "Didn’t I say that I forgive you already?"

"I heard from Youngjae," Juli said getting up. "That you can’t have another baby due to the miscarriage you had. I’m truly sorry."

"Can you please stop?" I said and held her shoulders. "Please don’t blame yourself dear. You’ve got a long way ahead of you with your new baby girl and your husband."

I slowly hugged her and smiled.

"I’ll never forget your kind heart Hyoin," Juli said as her eyes got teary.

"Ah don’t cry!" I said and wiped away her tears. "You know if you cry the baby can feel you too. Don’t cry! Smile!"

Juli laughed and smiled.

"Please do come to the party," she said. "I have to go now."

"Ah ok, bye~" I bid goodbye. I looked at her stomach one last time and held onto mines. I looked at my phone. It was time for lunch. I went to go grab my bag. I told everyone to go eat and left out. Juli was still out there. Her husband barely arrived.

"Oh bye Hyoin!~" she waved. I smiled and waved back. I bit my lower lips and held onto my stomach. I…really want a baby of my own…

"Hyoin-ah~" Youngjae called.

"Oh you’re here," I came back to reality and turned towards him. He looked at me with a weird face. He shifted his eyes towards my hands that were still on my stomach.

"You’re stomach hurts?" he asked.

"Oh ahni," I said and quickly moved my hands. "I-I’m just hungry."

"What’s that?" he asked taking the envelope from my hands.

"Oh, Juli’s having a baby shower," I replied. "She wanted us to go-"

"No," Youngjae said. "Don’t you know that she was the one that cause everything?"

"I know about that," I said. "But…please don’t hate her for what she’s done."

"I can’t hate her for making you in a state like this?" Youngjae asked and held my hands. "I can see it in your eyes babe~ you want to have a baby badly, but you can’t."

"Can we just go get something to eat?" I asked trying to change the subject. He looked at me and nodded. He held my hand and we went to get something to eat.

The next week was full of baby showers. Jieun, Sunhee, Sae Ra, and Juli. The three friends had there’s together while Juli’s was on a separate day. It was time for the baby shower so me and Youngjae got the presents ready and left. Once again Zelo opened the door. He changes his hair style. It was blonde with blue highlights.

"HYUNG, NOONA!" he yelled. "Youngjae and Hyoin are here!"

"Hey, don’t be so loud," Ali said and hit his head. "This isn’t your house."

"Ok wifey," he said and smiled. "Come in."

We both entered as everyone greeted us. We greeted them back.

"These are for the new baby," I smiled and handed Jieun, Sunhee, and Sae Ra their presents.

"Oh thank you so much Hyoin," they each said. I smiled in return.

"Ok let’s put up some dates on the calendar!" Yong Guk said and hooked up a huge calendar onto the wall.

"Anything special coming up?" he asked. Jong Up and Zelo raised their hands.

"Jong Up?" Yong Guk called.

"I’m going to be a father also," he shyly smiled. All the guys started to holler loudly. I could see that Jong Up was embarrassed.

"So I’m thinking it’s recently right?" Yong Guk looked at him. Jong Up was too shy to reply. Yong Guk circled a random date and wrote it down.

"But I thought Jiki unnie doesn’t want a baby yet?" Ali asked.

"Well…you can’t help it when ‘Sweet Love’ is playing," Jiki cheekily smiled.

"You seduce unnie?!" Ali gasped looking at Jong Up.

"A-ahni!" Jong Up protested. "It was the next song on my playlist."

"YAH! You force her didn’t you?!" Ali continued yelling.

"Ali!" Zelo tried to calm her down.

"Ali-ah, it’s okay~" Jiki said.

"Oh so unnie is satisfied with it?" Ali asked.

"Would yes make you shut up?" Jiki added.

"AHHHHHH!!!!" Ali screamed. "Jiki unnie you so nasty!!"

"Yah be quiet!" Zelo covered Ali’s mouth. "Just wait till our wedding comes."

Ali widened her eyes and bit Zelo’s hand. Everyone burst into laughter. Such cute couples.

"Jun Hong you said you had something?" Yong Guk looked at him.

"Ehm, Zelo it is," Zelo said.

"What’s happening?"

"Me and Ali’s wedding!" he yelled. "Next month."

"What? Why?" everyone asked.

"I still need to set it up, I barely proposed to her this morning," Zelo smirked while looking at Ali who was blushing badly. I couldn’t help but laugh. Everyone looked so happy. Yong Guk went through the calendar and marked the days that everyone guessed the new babies due dates. It was funny because everyone was betting…with money. Youngjae and Daehyun were arguing so much on the dates they chose. Yong Guk bet the most for his baby.

"Anything about you two?" Yong Guk asked looking at us.

"Unnie, you’re not having a baby?" Ali asked. I could feel the atmosphere getting awkward.

"Ahni," I replied. Ali suddenly covered and her facial turned into a frown.

"I forgot, I’m sorry unnie," she said.

"It’s ok," I weakly smiled. Youngjae held my hands and I looked at him.

"I’m going to go get some fresh air," I said. He nodded and knew exactly why I wanted to go. I bowed and walked to the back door. I sat down on the swinging chair and looked at the night sky. I could hear Zelo yelling at Ali. Everyone seemed to be in a bad mood now. I heard the back door opened and turned.

"You okay?" Youngjae asked and sat down beside me. He put his arm around my shoulder and I laid my head down.

"Am I supposed to be?" I closed my eyes. He caressed my hair and kissed my cheek.

"You’re going to be okay," he whispered. "Let’s go home."

I nodded as we stood up. We bid goodbye to everyone and left.