C H A P T E R 3

Step By Step

I was awakened the next day by Hyosung.

"Hyoin-ah, wake up it's already 10am," she said. I slowly stood up and saw Hyosung and next to her was Youngjae. I sighed and fell back down onto my bed.

"Please go away," i said. He looked at me.

"Just please give me time to think this through...it's just too much to handle right now..."

"I just wanted to say sorry," Youngjae said. "I'll be leaving for work."

He bid goodbye to us and left.

"Look, he's been suffering for the past 2 months," Hyosung said. "Please just please spend some time with him. Get to know him."

I looked at Hyosung in disbelief.

"If you told me my past, maybe i would've try to spend time with him," i said.

"You want to know so much?" she asked. I nodded my head. She closed her eyes and sighed.

"It wasn't your wedding yet," she said. "You and Youngjae had a huge argument. You  pulled away from his grip and got into a car accident. You were ok, but then suddenly you went into coma."

I widened my eyes.

"Really?"

Hyosung nodded her head.

"We didn't want you to know about it because you might end the wedding with Youngjae," Hyosung said.

"Ah i'm sorry i was being so harsh," i said.

"You shouldn't be apologizing to me," Hyosung said. "You should apologize to your husband."

I looked at my hand and sigh.

"It's going to be awkward...i don't even know him," i said.

"I'll help you," Hyosung smiled. "You can make him something to eat! He gets break at 12."

"I guess..." i said. Hyosung brightly smiled and pulled me out of bed. I washed up and entered the kitchen. Both of us were cooking food. Hyosung helped packed it up and handed it to me.

"He works at Yoo Company, just tell the taxi driver that and he'll take you there," Hyosung said shooing me out of the house. I entered a taxi and arrived at his work place. The building was big and tall with huge glass windows. There was a big fountain in front with a clock in the middle. 12:06, perfect timing. I smiled and entered the building.

"Oh hello Mrs. Yoo," many workers started to greet me. Mrs. Yoo? Oh right, me and Youngjae is married. Well going to be. I greeted back with a bow and smile.

"I heard she went into a coma for 2 whole months," I heard some worker whispered.

"Morning Mrs. Yoo," an old guy in a nice suit greeted me. "It’s nice to have you back with us again."

"Oh thank you," I smiled in return. "Where is Youngjae?"

"He should be in his office," the old guy replied. "You can go ahead and go visit him."

"Um…where is his office exactly?" I asked.

"On the 34th floor," he replied with a weird look. I smiled and bowed to him then left to the elevator. The door opened and I walked in. Everyone was looking at me. I could feel their stares. Why are they looking at me so weirdly?

The elevator finally stopped on the 34th floor. I walked out and looked ahead. There was an aisle and at the very end was a huge door that said CEO Yoo Youngjae. I walked down and suddenly every worker stood up.

"Welcome Mrs. Yoo," they bowed and sat back down to work. I smiled and bowed back. I walked down as their stares were still glued on me. I knocked on the door and waited. Soon Youngjae opened it.

"HYOIN!" he screamed.

"Oh, hey," i said with a small wave. He pulled me in and closed the door.

"Why are you here?" he asked.

"Hyosung told me everything," i said.

"SHE WHAT?!" he asked. I flinched and looked at him weirdly.

"Yeah, she said we got into an argument and i was in a car accident," i said.

"That's all?" he asked.

"There's more?" i tilted my head.

"Oh no," he quickly replied. "Anyways why are you here?"

"I came to apologize," i said handing him the bag with the lunchbox. "Hyosung helped me made these for you. She told me you had breaks at 12, so i came to give you lunch."

Youngjae smiled and took the bag.

"Thank you," he said. I think that was the first time i ever saw him smile. He has cute smile.

"So um...you want to go on a date?" i asked. He choked on his food.

"Date?" he asked.

"Why? I want to get to know you more," i smiled. "We can take this step by step can we?"

He thought about it and nodded his head.

"When are you available?" i asked.

"We can go now," he replied finishing the lunchbox.

"Eh? Don't you have work?" i asked.

"I got it covered, let's go~" he said leaving behind the lunchbox and linking hands with you. He dragged you out and down to the lobby.

"Where do you want to go?" he asked.

"Anywhere is fine with me," i replied.

"Ok let's start with the house we live in," he said opening his car door for me. I entered as he drove off. He soon parked in front of a huge luxurious house.

"Is this the house that we lived in?" I asked amazed. He nodded with a smile.

"Do you like it?" he asked. I was speechless.

"Let’s go in," he linked hands with mines and dragged me in. I was even more amazed at the inside interior of the house. Everything was nice and neat.

"We live alone?" I asked.

"Well not exactly alone," he said and slightly smiled.

"Who else is there?" I looked around. Suddenly I heard barking noises.

"I forgot to mention to you about Tiki," he said. A huge golden retriever entered where we were at and ran towards me. I screamed and ran behind Youngjae.

"Tiki sit!" he yelled and in a flash the big dog sat down.

"You trained him?" I asked.

"Actually, we did," he replied.

"We?" I asked and looked at Tiki. Its tongue was hanging and the tail was wagging very fast.

"I bought Tiki for you on our 6th anniversary," Youngjae started.

"When was that?"

"4 years ago,"

4 years ago? That means we’ve been together for probably more than 10 years.

WOOF!

I stopped thinking and looked at Tiki. I got to my knees and patted his head.

"You’re so adorable," I smiled. The dog barked and gave me a on my cheek leaving trails of slobber. I laughed and stood back up. Youngjae laughed and wiped away the slobber with his hand. I smiled and went to tour the house more. I have to admit the house was beyond amazing.

"Whose room is this?" I asked walking into the room with Youngjae following me.

"It’s our room," he smiled. I walked around and spotted picture frames. Each one was us together smiling in our wedding clothes.

"I look happy," I said.

"We were happy," he whispered standing next to me. I turned and looked at his side view. I have to admit, even though I don’t fully know the stuff behind this guy yet, I’m…kind of like him…

"Were?" I asked. "We still can be."

"I hope so," he smiled.

I don’t know what this guy did, but he can make people fall for him easily. Maybe that’s why we ended up marrying? I don’t know…I’ve lost half my memories and nothing seems to come back yet…

 


-----iApple's Corner

No comments yet~ T^T

but thank you to the beautiful daebak 6 subbies~

make sure to comment so i know how my story is!

short update and maybe a long one soon~ <3