C H A P T E R 6

Step By Step

It was the start of the weekdays. We both woke up early since we had work.

"How do I look?" Youngjae asked while looking into the mirror with his suit on.

"Like every normal guy," I replied and laughed. He turned and glared at me.

"What?" I asked while fixing my dress coat.

"Every normal guy?" he repeated what I said.

"I was just kidding ok," I said and fixed his tie for him. "You look handsome."

He smiled and looked at me.

"So I was thinking lately about this," he said and pulled out my ring.

"My ring…" I said.

"Are you willing to be my wife again?" he asked. I didn’t know what to answer. I can’t answer yes…not until I know everything…and I can’t reject him either…

"Can you just wait," I said. "I still want to know more about my past."

"Why?" he asked. "The past is the past, Hyoin-ah. Please forget it."

"You were my husband," I said.

"Hyosung already told you didn’t she?" he asked.

"Yes but I feel like something’s missing," I said and held his hands.

"Nothing’s missing,” he said and moved my hair behind my ear.

"I wanted to know why did you lie to me about the wedding?"

"I was afraid that you wouldn’t want to marry a horrible person like me anymore," he replied. I laughed and hugged him.

"Then should I run you over with your car to make it even?"

"I don’t think my parents would be happy about that," he laughed and caressed my hair. We broke apart from the hug and left for work. He dropped me off and I went in.

"Morning everyone," I smiled and greeted them all.

"Mrs. Yoo, we have a visitor," Kaeri said.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"He’s Mr. Kim Yu Kwon," she replied. "He’s waiting over there."

"Oh deh, thank you Kaeri," I said. She nodded and left back to work. I walked to the figure that was looking at the portraits.

"Mr. Kim Yu Kwon?" I asked. He turned and smiled.

"Hyoin," he said.

"You know me?" I asked.

"Oh deh, we used to be friends in high school," he replied. "I heard the news about you. I know you forgot me, but that’s ok."

"Oh really?" I said. "I’m sorry then."

"It’s ok," he smiled. "We can still be friends though right?"

"Um…I guess," I said.

"So can you give me a tour?"

I nodded my head and started walking around the museum with Yu Kwon. He was explaining to me everything we did in high school together. It was weird though, because he never once mention Youngjae’s name. Does he not know Youngjae? Did Youngjae go to a different high school? I shook the thoughts away and continued listening to his stories. It was lunch when we finished.

"Would you like to go eat lunch with me?" Yukwon asked.

"Oh uh wait a sec," I said and took out my phone. I called Youngjae.

"Something wrong?" Youngjae asked.

"Do you always have to ask if something happened to me or not?" I asked.

"You usually don’t call though, so I thought maybe something happened," he added.

"Well I’m just calling that I’m going to go eat lunch with an old friend," I said.

"An old friend?" he asked.

"Deh,"

"Who is it?"

"Kim Yu Kwon, he’s waiting, bye Youngjae~ call you later~" I hung up before he could say anything and smiled at Yu Kwon.

"Let’s go," I said. He smiled and walked out. He took me to a restaurant that I’ve never been at before.

"You can’t eat meat?" Yu Kwon asked. "Why?"

"Well the doctor told me to eat fruits and vegetables to help cure my stomach from aches," I replied.

"Just eat it, you’ll be okay," he said placing the plate of meat in front of me.

"Ahni I can’t," I said.

"It doesn’t hurt to try," he smiled and cut a piece. He placed the meat in front of my mouth and said aw. I looked at him and slowly opened my mouth. I took a bite and smiled.

"It’s delicious~ I haven’t taste this in like forever!" I smiled and ate more. After eating he sent me back to my work place.

"I was wondering if you’re free Saturday?" he asked.

"Um, I should be," I replied.

"If you are, maybe we can go out and have some old time fun," he said. I nodded my head and smiled.

"Can I get your number?" he asked.

"Oh my number," I said and quickly told him. I took out my phone and placed his number in my contacts.

"I’ll call you," he smiled and left. I waved goodbye and enter the building.

"So you’re close with Mr. Kim?" Kaeri asked.

"We’re old friends," I replied.

"You guys seem pretty close," Kaeri asked. I was going to replied but my stomach started to ache. I held it and winced in pain.

"Oh Mrs. Yoo are you okay?" Kaeri held onto my shoulders.

"My sto-stomach hurts," I said. "AH!"

I dropped my phone and fell to the floor.

"Mrs. Yoo!" Kaeri yelled. "Someone call the ambulance!"

Soon enough I out.

 

+~+

 

I heard the beeping machine again. I moved my fingers but felt others around it.

"Hyoin-ah?" I heard Youngjae’s voice. I opened my eyes and looked at him.

"Y-youngjae," I said.

"Hyoin-ah~" he caressed my cheek.

"W-why am I here…again?" I asked looking around the hospital room.

"You had another stomach ache, this time it was serious," Youngjae said. "Plus there was something else that was found in your body."

"What was it?" I asked.

"Some type of poison," he replied. I looked at him weirdly.

"This Kim Yu Kwon you were with yesterday. He was the one that put that in you."

"What? You can’t blame him Youngjae."

"I know he did it! You can’t trust people like him."

"What? He couldn’t have done that."

"You don’t know him good enough. Why were you even with him?!"

"He was an old friend Youngjae. Please understand that. And he would never poison me! If you have to blame someone, blame the restaurant!"

"How did you know he was an old friend?"

"Yu Kwon told me he was."

"Just because he told you and you believed him? How come when I told you that you were my wife you didn’t believe me?"

"That’s different."

"What’s different?!"

"Youngjae!"

He looked at me and held my hand tighter.

"I don’t want you around him, Hyoin-ah~ please, you with these stomach aches are already killing me. Please don’t put yourself more in danger."

I looked at him and turned my head to the other side.

"Please listen to me," he said. I finally nodded my head.

The following days I went to work. For some reasons I just couldn’t concentrate well at all. My vision was becoming weird.

"Kaeri, can you cover up?" I asked.

"Oh why?" she looked at me.

"I don’t feel so well today," I replied.

"Oh deh~ Please go home and have lots of rest Mrs. Yoo," she smiled. "Would you like me to call Mr. Yoo?"

"Ahni, he’s busy with his work," I said and grabbed my purse. "I’ll just go home by myself."

"I can’t let you go like this," Kaeri said and held onto me. "Lily, please call Mr. Yoo to come get Mrs. Yoo."

"Deh," the counter assistant said and started dialing the number. Soon Youngjae arrived.

"What’s wrong?" he asked holding onto me. I was at the state where I didn’t have the energy to reply to him.

"Mrs. Yoo said she doesn’t feel well today," Kaeri said. "She didn’t want to bother you at work and wanted to walk home instead. But I couldn’t let her do that, especially when she could barely walk straight."

"Thank you," I felt Youngjae bowed towards Kaeri. He took me outside and helped me into the passenger seat.

"I’m going to take you to the hospital," he said turning on the engine. I held his hand.

"I don’t want to be in the hospital again," I manage to say to him. "Just take me home."

"Ok," I heard him say and felt the car move. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

 

+~+

 

"She’s ok," I heard an old voice. "She has a head ach, not a serious one though."

"Ah deh thank you doctor," I heard Youngjae’s voice. Did this guy take me to the hospital again?

I slowly open my eyes and see that it was just our room.

"Oh Hyoin-ah," Youngjae called my name. I looked at him and slowly got up.

"You can’t get up yet, you need to sleep," he said telling me to lie down.

"Here have some medicine," he said. "It’ll help cure your head ache."

"I have a head ache now?" I said taking the medicine.

"Don’t worry, it’ll cure faster than the stomach one," he laughed. I ate the bitter medicine.

"Ugh…it tastes nasty," I said. Youngjae looked at me and laughed. I looked at the clock.

"It’s only 11am, you should go back to work," I told him. He shook his head.

"You’re sick, so I need to take care of you," he smiled and put the medicine away.

"But your work-," I said.

"I got my assistant to cover up," he cut my words and stood up. "I’m going to go make some porridge for you."

I nodded and lay back down on the bed. My head was hurting a bit. I pouted and looked around the room. I grabbed Youngjae’s phone that was on the table and looked at it. A huge smiled formed on my lips. The wallpaper was a picture of us. I went through his phone and looked through the pictures. I laughed at the funny pictures he took of us.

"Why are you laughing?" I heard Youngjae.

"These are cute," I smiled showing him the picture.

"You’re looking through our pictures on my phone?" he asked and placed a tray full of porridge and other healthy food down. I nodded my head.

"We're cute!" I said and sat up. He laughed and handed the bowl of porridge towards me.

"Can I eat this?" I asked.

"I called the doctor," he replied. "He said it’s ok."

I nodded and took a bite.

"Ah, hot hot hot~" I said and spit most of it back out.

"Pabo, of course it’s hot," he laughed.

"Well you could’ve warned me first," I said. "Like, yeobo it’s hot so eat slowly~"

"Tsk, I have to?" he looked at me.

"Fine don’t then," I said and carefully continue eating the porridge. I looked at him. The tips of his fluffy blonde hair were just above his eye lids. I looked at his cheek and saw a cut. I placed my bowl down on the tray and moved closer to his face. I cupped his face and hover my thumb over the cut.

"How did you get this?" I asked. He looked at me confused.

"What?" he removed my hands and touch the cut himself. "Ah this…paper cut."

I looked at him weirdly.

"Paper cut?" I asked. He slowly nodded his head. I eyed him. Something smelled fishy.

"You sure it was a paper cut?" I asked. He nodded his head. I smiled and grabbed his hand. His knuckles had bruises.

"Hmph, clear to explain?" I asked. He removed his hand and smiled.

"I accidently fell,"

"Youngjae, what happened?" I asked serious this time.

"Um, I helped this lady," he replied.

"What happened to her?" I looked at him.

"She was being abused by her boyfriend," he replied. "I was helping her."

"Aw what? Is she ok now? What a mean boyfriend!"

"Ah deh," he replied. I got up and went to get the first aid kit. I sat back down and opened it.

"Hand," I said putting my hand out. He put his hand on mines. I smiled and put medicine on it.

"AH!" he screamed. "It hurts!"

I grabbed the medical cloth and wrapped it around his knuckles. I then place medicine on the cut on his cheek and placed a band aid over it.

"There all done," I smiled. "Please don’t get yourself hurt again."

"Deh," he said. "Quickly eat your porridge. It’s getting cold."

I grabbed the bowl and continue eating. After I finished, Youngjae placed it on the tray.

"Get some rest ok?" he kissed my forehead. I nodded and went to sleep.

 


-----iApple's Corner

A quick update before i go to school!!~

i'll update again when i come back~ :)