C H A P T E R 2

Step By Step

I opened my eyes again. This time I was in the hospital. I could hear the beeping machine. I heard the door opened and I quickly closed my eyes.

"Her stomach hasn’t fully recovered yet from that last accident," I heard an old voice said. Last accident?

"I don’t know why, but it should’ve have cured already. I will just note to you that she’ll be okay for now and will be able to leave after waking up."

"Deh, thank you doctor," I heard Youngjae’s voice.

"But the probability for another one is very low."

Another one?

"Deh?" Youngjae’s voice sounded shocked. "But you said once everything cures, she’ll be able to have another one."

"The process of her curing is too slow. It’s been 2 months already. Please don’t put high hopes on this. The possible results are yet to be a maybe to a never." I then heard the door closed and footsteps walking towards me. Suddenly I felt warm fingers intertwine with mines.

"Hyoin-ah~" Youngjae said placing my hand on his cheek. I felt some tears on my hand. Is he crying? Why is he crying?

"I-I’m sorry," he said. "I caused everything. I should’ve been the one who dies instead."

Wait…someone died?

"I hope she can understand what I’ve done wrong and forgive me for it," he said and held onto my hand tighter. He kissed my hand and laid his head next to my stomach. I accidently moved my fingers and he quickly got up. I slowly opened my eyes and acted as if I barely woke up.

"Hyoin!" Youngjae said and smiled. I wanted to ask him every question that was in my head, but I know he won’t answer them.

"Why am I here?" I asked.

"I was worried that something bad happened to you so I brought you here," he replied. "The doctor said you had a stomach ache."

"Oh…thanks then," I said and looked around moving my hand away from his. "Where’s Hyosung?"

"She went to get you something to eat," Youngjae replied looking at me with a disappointed expression. It became all quiet. I took glances at Youngjae and back to my hands.

"So you're name is Yoo Youngjae?" i asked. He nodded slowly.

"How old are you?"

"26,"

"What about me?"

"You're 25,"

"What is your occupation?"

"I own Yoo Company," he replied.

So he's rich? Was i in a arrange marriage with him?

I was about to ask another question when Hyosung entered the room.

"Oh, you’re awake," Hyosung smiled and placed the bag of food on the table. "I already talked with the doctor. He said that these are the only food you can eat."

I looked through the bag and only saw fruits and vegetables.

"I'm not hungry," i said.

"Well, you have to eat Hyoin," Hyosung said. "You haven't eaten in months."

"So when can I leave?" I asked.

"When do you want to?" Youngjae asked.

"Now," I said. He smiled and tried to help me out of the hospital bed.

"It's ok, i can do it myself," i said getting up. I changed into some clothes that Hyosung brought. After finishing, we left the hospital.

"Hyoin-ah, do you want to visit Youngjae's house?" Hyosung asked.

"It's ok," i said. I glanced and saw that his face wasn't so happy. Youngjae dropped us off and left. Once both of us entered, i walked straight to my room.

"Hyoin," Hyosung called. I stopped halfway and looked at her.

"What?"

"He is your husband, treat him better please," she said. There she goes again. I rolled my eyes at her.

"He's not my husband unnie," i replied.

"He is!" she yelled this time.

"Prove it," i said. She didn't reply at all. I shook my head and turned towards my room. I entered and sat on my bed. After a lot of thinking, i decided to sleep. Maybe this is just a horrible dream.

 


-----iApple's Corner

A quick update before i leave~

SUBSCRIBE | COMMENT | VOTE | And enjoy!~