C H A P T E R 12

Step By Step

A couple days passed by. Youngjae got better and continue working. I also continued working. I arrived at work that morning.

"Hello Hyoin," Kaeri greeted me with a bright smile.

"Hello Kaeri," I replied. "Something great happened?"

"Oh what?" she asked. "Ah deh. I finally got the money to get him the headphones."

"Did he like it?" I asked.

"He loved it," she replied. "He told me why I bought it. Just because it was something that he wanted badly I didn’t have to get it."

"Aww," I said. "You should bring him over sometime. I would love to meet him."

"Deh," she replied. We worked that whole day. It was lunch time when I received a text.

Come home. I have something prepared for you~

-Youngjae

P.S. I dropped my phone in the sink so I’m using my ipad.

"Um…ok," I said and put my phone away.

"I’ve got to go home," I said.

"Why?" Kaeri asked.

"Something at home is waiting for me," I said. Kaeri smiled and nodded. I bid goodbye and enter a taxi. Then something came up to my mind. Wouldn’t Youngjae come pick me up? I shook it off and smiled. Maybe he’s busy he couldn’t make it.

I arrived home and paid the taxi driver. I walked to the door and opened it. I entered and took off my shoes.

"Youngjae~~ I’m home~~" I sang. No one replied. I took a step when suddenly hands wrapped around me, one on my mouth and one around my stomach.

"Listen to me carefully Hyoin," the familiar voice said. "If you stay quiet you’ll be okay, but if you don’t you will be dead by tonight before that lovable husband of yours comes."

"JB?" I asked. The voice sounded so much like him.

"Where does Youngjae put his bank account numbers?" he asked removing his hand from my mouth.

"I don’t know," I shrugged my shoulders. "I lost half of my memory so I forgot. Sorry."

"Aish! You’re so useless!" he yelled and pushed me to the floor. I landed on my and looked at him.

"How am I useless?" I asked. "You’re the one who thought I knew Youngjae’s number and you should’ve known that I lost my memories as well."

"Shut up!" he yelled and hit my cheek. I held onto it and stared at him.

"Oh come on," he said. "Youngjae made you lost that stupid kid, how are you still in love with that idiot?"

"What kid?" I asked.

"Follow me," he said and pulled me up. He dragged me to our room and pushed me on the floor.

"Find Youngjae’s number for me or I will kill you on the spot," he said.

"Rude much…" I whispered and got myself up. I looked at the figure’s face more clearly. "It is you! JB!"

"Ahni! It’s not me!" he yelled.

"You’re the one that wanted to take all of Youngjae’s money to make your company bigger!"

"Shut up!" he hit my face again. I fell and held it. I then heard a faint woof.

"Tiki?" I looked up. "What did you do to Tiki?!" I yelled and stood up.

"It wouldn't shut up," he replied. I pushed him aside and ran downstairs.

"TIKI!" I yelled.

"YAH HYOIN!"

I saw blood tracks out the back door.

"TIKI!" I opened the door and entered the backyard. Then my eyes widened. Tiki was bleeding from his hind leg.

"YOU BASTARD!" I yelled and turned towards JB. I punched him hard in the face.

"HOW DARE YOU SHOOT TIKI ON HIS HIND LEG?!" I yelled. "Are you human?! How could you do such thing to a dog?!"

JB covered his face and pushed me aside. I look as JB grabbed a stick. Tiki got some energy left and crawled towards me. JB was about to swing at Tiki but I got up and covered him. Instead he hit me on my back.

"Ahh!" I screamed and hugged Tiki tightly.

"Aish are you stupid or something?!" JB asked. "Move!"

"Never! You can hurt me all you want, but not Tiki," I said. I heard JB sighed and then another swing at my back.

"You’re going to be alright Tiki," I smiled. I closed my eyes ready to get another swing but instead I heard Youngjae’s voice.

"STOP!"

I slowly open my eyes and turned but it was painful. Youngjae was there fighting with JB. Then something made my eyes turn wider.

BOOOOM!

I look to see Youngjae down.

"YOUNGJAE!" I yelled and crawled to him. "A-andwae!! Youngjae!!"

I heard JB dropped the gun and ran off.

"Youngjae!" I cried and held him in my arms. I grabbed his phone and dialed 119. The ambulance then arrived and took him away. I held his hand the whole time.

"Youngjae!!" I cried his name. "Please be okay~"

"Sorry but you can’t go any further," a nurse stopped me. I fell to my knees and looked at my bloody hands. My head started to hurt and I out.

[Flashback]

I saw the ceiling moving fast. Youngjae’s voice was heard in the background. The doctors were talking I couldn’t hear anything clearly. Youngjae’s shirt was blooded up; my hands were stained with blood as well.

"What happened to me?"

[End of flashback]

 

+~+

 

BEEP BEEP BEEP

“Tell me what happened to my son and daughter-in-law!” I heard Mrs. Yoo’s voice.

“We don’t know the details behind what happened,” another voice said. “We’ll have the doctor come talk with you.”

“You can leave now,” I hear Mr. Yoo’s voice. I slowly open my eyes and sat up.

“Hyoin!” Mrs. Yoo yelled and ran towards me. She hugged me tightly.

“Ahh,” I winced in pain.

“Oh my, I’m so sorry,” she said backing away. I turned to the side and saw that Youngjae was sleeping soundly on the hospital bed next to me. The doctor then entered the room.

“Doctor,” I said.

“How’s my son?” Mrs. Yoo asked.

"Luckily the bullet didn’t hit his heart," he said. "He is fine now just need some rest."

"Oh thank you very much," we bowed.

“Now your back was hit multiple times,” he said looking at me. “It was good the person didn’t hit you again or he would’ve broken your spine.”

“Thank you doctor,” I slightly bowed. He bowed back and left the room.

“Oh my, who would do this to you two?” Mrs. Yoo asked walking back and forth. I looked at Youngjae again.

"Y-youngjae…" my voice trembled. "I’m sorry."

Mrs. Yoo had the nurses push my bed closer to his. I held his hand and fell asleep. It was the next day that I felt something moved. I quickly open my eyes and look at Youngjae. He opened his eyes.

"Youngjae!" I smiled. "You’re awake."

He looked at me and smiled.

"I’m sorry I didn’t come sooner," Youngjae said and held onto my hand tighter.

"I was scared," I said as my eyes started to get watery.

"About what?"

"I thought you were going to die, I was going to blame myself for everything and I was going t-,"

"Pabo," he turned and wiped away the tears. "I’m okay."

"I was just worried," I said.

"Now why are you like that?" he questioned.

“Um…I fainted after you arrived here,” I replied. He sat up pulling me along.

"YOUNGJAE!" we both heard familiar voices.

"Umma?" he asked.

"YOUNGJAE!" Mrs. Yoo entered the hospital room and ran towards Youngjae. "You’re awake!”

"U-umma," he said. "Umma, who called you?"

"The doctor did," she replied.

"Aish that doctor," Youngjae mumbled. I hit his arm and smiled at Mrs. Yoo.

"Where did you go last night Mrs. Yoo?"

"How many times did I tell you to call me umma," she smiled and pat my back. I winced in pain again. “Oh I forgot, I’m so sorry sweetie~”

I smiled at her.

"You’re father is bringing some delicious food for you two to eat ok?" Mrs. Yoo said. Mr. Yoo then appeared at the door with lunchboxes. Huge ones. He placed them on the table. Mrs. Yoo went and unpacked it. She handed me two big ones. One with rice and fried beef and the other with fruits. After eating Mr. Yoo dragged Mrs. Yoo home.

"See what I mean about my parents?" Youngjae asked. I nodded.

"But they’re nice, and you should be too," I said.

"I am!-," he yelled but stopped. A smirk was paste on his lips. "So I’m not nice…then I’m naughty??"

"Pabo..." I rolled my eyes.

 

+~+

 

It’s been almost a week and we were already discharged from the hospital. It was the weekend so we decided to stay home. Tiki’s hind leg got better. He is just limping a little but he is fine. Youngjae his music channel while I slept on his chest watching it with him.

"Turn Up The Music by Chris Brown," I read the title.

"Jong Up’s recent favorite song," Youngjae said.

"Hey I like it too~" I said humming to the beat. Youngjae laughed.

"Turn up the music cause our song just came on, turn up the music if they try to turn us down~~"

"Turn up the music can I hear it till the speakers blow, turn up the music fill your cup and drink it down~~" Youngjae sing along with me.

"IF YOU’RE Y AND YOU KNOW IT PUT YOUR HANDS UP IN THE AIR PUT YOUR HANDS UP IN THE AIR GIRL PUT YOUR HANDS UP HANDS UP HANDS UP!!~"

KNOCK KNOCK

We both stopped singing and looked at the door.

"Who would visit?" Youngjae asked. I laughed and got up to open the door.

"Hyoin!" umma ran and hugged me.

"Umma!" I screamed and hugged her back.

"I missed you so much sweetie!" umma said and backed away from the hug. "Omo, you’ve got skinnier. Youngjae! Did you feed my daughter?!"

"U-umma," I said.

"Why is she so skinny?!" umma said looking at me.

"I do eat umma!" I said. "Now why are you all here?"

"We came to visit," she smiled.

"Hello," Hyosung greeted.

"Hello Hyoin," Gikwang greeted also.

"Hello," I bowed.

"Hey," Youngjae greeted.

"So how is my sweetie?" umma asked.

"I’m okay," I smiled.

"Umma is going to stay over ok?" she asked.

"Of course," I smiled. "Youngjae, you have extra rooms right?"

"Oh deh," he replied. "Um…I’ll go set it up."

I looked at him weirdly and saw him motioning towards me to go with him.

"Oh ah you guys watch TV, while I go help Youngjae," I smiled and followed after him. Once we enter the guest room Youngjae pinned me to the wall.

"Why did you let your parent’s sleep over?" he asked.

"Why? I can’t?" I asked.

"No, because I won’t get to spend my time with you~" he sang.

"Oh that’s all," I laughed and poked his cheek. "You’ve got many more years with me."

"Still, your mom is like my mom," he said.

"I know," I said. "They love to get in our business. Now we should head back since the room is already nice and clean."

I quickly peck Youngjae’s lip and open the door. I walked out to see umma and appa smiling crazily towards me.

"Maybe we shouldn’t stay over…" umma said.

"Oh why? We’ve got the room set up," I said.

"We’ll just stay for a bit and then leave back to your unnie’s house," umma said patting my back.

"W-why?" I was confused. Youngjae came and back hug me letting his head rest on top of mines.

"Aww look at the two," umma smiled and slightly hit appa’s arm. I started to blush.

"Yeobo, if only you were taller we could do that," umma said looking at appa’s short height. Me and Youngjae couldn’t help but laugh.

"Here Hyoin," umma handed me some cash.

"O-oh, umma! I don’t need money!" I said.

"I know it’s small, just spend it on something to eat ok?" she smiled. "You’re too skinny after that small accident. I want you to be healthy and strong again!~"

"Bu-,"

"No buts!" umma said and turned to Kikwang and Hyosung.

"I think we should get going," umma said. All of them bid goodbye and left. I closed the door and looked at Youngjae.

"Something wrong?"

"I wanted umma to stay," I bluntly replied. He laughed and pulled me into a hug.

"Why? You got me with you."

"I’m tired of you already," I joked. Youngjae pulled back and glared at me.

"What?"

"I’M. TIRED. OF. YOU." I stick out my tongue. Suddenly Youngjae started to tickle me.

"Y-YAH! AHAHAH Y-OO AGHADGADG YOUNG-J-JAE AHEHAHAHE!" I tried to stop him. I fell backwards and he followed by landing on top of me.

"Are you still tired of me?" he asked.

"Yes,"

Then he started to tickle me again.

"O-OK! AHAHAEHAHADHAH STOP!!" I yelled. He stopped and looked at me.

"Are you still tired of me?"

"No, you’re an amazing weird boyfriend that I will never get tired of," I laughed. He smiled and closed the gap between us. I widen my eyes but return the kiss back.