C H A P T E R 5

Step By Step

It was the weekends. Bang Yong Guk, one of Youngjae’s friends, planned a party for his wife’s birthday. When the time came, Youngjae came and picked me up at Hyosung’s place. We then left to the party. This is my first time meeting his friends so I was scared. What if they don’t like me? Youngjae’s hand linked with mine the whole time. I held onto the present we got for Yong Guk’s wife as Youngjae knocked on the door. A young tall guy with pink hair opened the door.

"Oh Youngjae hyung and Hyoin noona!" he called and hugged both of us. He dragged us in. Everyone greeted us. We greeted back and smiled. Youngjae took the present from my hands and hand it over to a very pretty girl.

"You guys didn’t have to," she said and smiled.

"Hyoin, this is Song Jieun," Youngjae said. "She’s Yong Guk’s wife."

"Hello," I greeted. She looked at Youngjae weirdly but then smiled at me. "Hello."

"Um I need to go to the restroom, where is it at?" I asked.

"Oh it’s upstairs to the left," Jieun replied. I thanked her and left upstairs. I enter the restroom and stared into the mirror for a bit. I’m just nervous to meet them that’s all. I sighed and walked back out. I slow down when I heard them talking.

"Youngjae hyung, why does noona look so scared?" a voice asked.

"I’ve already told you guys that she forgot her memory," Youngjae replied. "Please try not to mention anything about that past."

I heard them replied yes. I waited for a bit and finally walked down. Youngjae walked towards me and held my hand.

"This is Himchan," he said pointing to a guy with black spiked up hair. "And his wife, Sunhee."

"Hello," they both greeted with a smile. I smiled back.

"That’s Daehyun," he now pointed to a guy with a mask on. "And his wife, Kwon Sae Ra."

"Hello," Sae Ra greeted and turned to Daehyun. "Don’t be rude and greet Hyoin."

"Oh sorry, hello," he moved the mask down and smiled. I laughed and Youngjae turned me towards Jong Up and the pink hair guy.

"You already know Jong Up, well get to know his girlfriend, Jiki," they both greeted. I smiled in return.

"Now last but not lea-," Youngjae said.

"Hyung, why are we last?" the pink hair guy asked.

"Yah! Who said you can talk to your hyung like that?" a girl, I think that’s his girlfriend, hit him on the arm.

"We’re sorry," she said and bowed.

"It’s ok," I smiled.

"I’m Ali," she greeted. "And this idiot is my boyfriend, Junhong."

"No, I would like to be called Zelo please," the pink guy said. I nodded my head and smiled.

"Cake time!" Yong Guk said and placed the cake on the table. He back hugged Jieun as the lights turned off. We sang the happy birthday song and Jieun blew the candles. Everyone cheered as Himchan was cutting the cake.

"Get your hands off the cake Daehyun!" Himchan said and hit Daehyun’s hands away. He pouted and rubbed his hands. These friends are quiet cute. I laughed and Youngjae turned to look at me. He smiled and handed me a piece of cake.

"Can I eat this?" I asked. "I don’t think eating cake is considered healthy."

"Oh right, I forgot," he said then handed the cake to Daehyun.

"Jieun, do you guys have fruits?" Youngjae asked.

"Yes, it’s in the fridge," she replied. Youngjae dragged me into the kitchen and opened the fridge.

"I’m not hungry," I said.

"Well you have to eat to be healthy right?" he asked. I nodded then saw him taking out bowls of fruits.

"Isn’t that too much?" I said but he ignored me. He told me to sit down and watch. I nodded and sat. I watched as he cut each piece nicely and placed it on the plate decoratively. He finished and handed the plate to me.

"Thank you," I smiled and took a slice of the strawberry to eat. I did a face because the strawberry was sour.

"What’s wrong?" Youngjae asked.

"It’s sour," I replied. He laughed and tried to put more in my mouth. "Y-yah! Stop it!"

Suddenly I felt something warm on my lips. I blushed and widened my eyes as Youngjae pulled away and smirked. I grabbed a strawberry and stuck it in his mouth. He bit it and spit it out.

"Yah! Yong Guk hyung! What kind of strawberries did you two buy?!" Youngjae yelled as I laughed. We both walked back to the living room.

"You don’t want cake noona?" Zelo asked.

"I can’t have any," I replied.

"Why?" Ali asked.

"The doctor said that I need to eat fruits for awhile so my stomach can cure," I replied. They nodded and went back to eating cake. After the party, Youngjae sent me back home and left.

 

+~+

 

“Hyoin~ stop purking your lips!” Hyosung sang pulling my blankets.

“Eh~” I said opening my eyes and stood up.

“What were you dreaming about eh?” Hyosung evily smiled.

“N-nothing!” I said.

“Then wash up and come downstairs,” she said leaving my room. I thought about the dream I had. It was similar to what happened yesterday. Why was I dreaming about kissing Youngjae? I shrugged it off and entered the bathroom to wash up. I walked downstairs as Hyosung handed me my stuff.

“Why are you giving me these?” I asked grabbing my wallet and phone.

“You’ll be staying over at Youngjae’s place from now on,” Hyosung said.

“What? Why?” I asked.

“Because I said so,” she replied.

“Unni-,”

“It doesn’t kill you to stay with him right?” she asked. I thought for a bit. Well not really…

“Good, I know you were dreaming about him Hyoin-ah,” Hyosung was giggling. “So how was the dream?”

“I’ll be leaving now~ bye~” I waved and left. I sighed and just decided to live with Youngjae. I mean I do want my memories back. Living with him should help me right? I took the taxi to his house and walked up the steps to his door. I slowly lifted my hand to his door. I knocked and waited. He opened the door with a smile.

“Hyoin-ah,” he said.

“Hey,” I smiled.

“Visiting?”

“Actually, Hyosung kicked me out of the house,” I said. “So um…can I l-live with you?”

He widened his eyes.

“I guess,” he said scratching the back of his head. “Most of your things are here.”

“Thank you,” I smiled as I entered his house. Tiki ran over happily barking.

“I guess he’s happy about my stay,” I said petting his head. “You don’t work on Sundays?”

“Sometimes,” he replied. "But not today." I nodded my head.

“You can set your wallet in your closet,” he replied. I nodded and left upstairs. I put my wallet away and went back down. Youngjae was watching TV. He patted the empty seat next to him. I walked over and sat down. He pulled a plate full of fruit on the table closer to me.

"Eat up," he smiled.

"How did you know I didn’t eat yet?” I asked and ate a sliced orange.

“I had these cut in case you came for a visit,”

“So you were thinking about me?”

“Always,”

He was thinking about me. That made me blushed. I mean who wouldn’t blush when someone who consider himself your husband is thinking about you?

“S-so um when can I stop eating fruits?”

"When the doctor says so," he replied. I pouted and ate another slice of orange. Tiki came by and sat in front of us. He started my hand.

"What is it Tiki?" I asked. He ran off and came back with his leash in his mouth.

"You want to go for a walk?" I smiled and took the leash. I connected his leash to him.

"Wait, I’m going to go change," I told Tiki and stood up. Youngjae held onto my hand.

"We’re going to change," he added. After changing, we walked out of the house. Youngjae linked his hand with mine with the leash in the middle. We walked down to the park. Many people stared at us with envy. I couldn’t help but blush. Do we really look that cute together?

"Why are you blushing?" I heard Youngjae’s voice.

"W-who said I was?" I said trying not to look at him. I could hear Youngjae laughing. I ignored him and removed his hand from mines.

"Hey, wait for me!" he called as I ran off with Tiki. I looked back and saw that Youngjae was nowhere. I turned back and there he was smirking like an idiot.

"Gotcha," he said.

"What’s with the face?" I asked.

"I know you like it~"

I did a puking face and stick my tongue out. He pinched my nose.

"Yah, that’s hurts~" I said and rubbed my nose.

"Let’s go," he said.

"Where?"

"Get something to eat."

"Like what?"

"Anything."

"Then I want ice cream!"

"You can’t eat ice cream."

"I’ll get the strawberry flavor~"

"…fine…"

"Yay! Let’s go Tiki!" I said and ran off first.

"Yah! I’m the one you’re supposed to go with! Not Tiki!" I turned and smiled at him.

"Hurry!" I called. Youngjae then ran towards me and Tiki. He intertwined his fingers with mine and we went to the ice cream stand. After getting the ice cream, we sat down on the grass and ate it.

"I heard you brought my museum back up again," Youngjae said.

"Yep, see I’m a good head manager," I smiled. We finished our ice cream and left back home.

 


-----iApple's Corner

I updated because the commenters made my day~ kyaakkk~

SARANGHAE!! <3

It's kind of short -.-

anyways you should of known by now that if you comment you get karma points right?? XD

ahhh i feeel like updating a lot today~

writing the next chapter and might post it up as well~~