C H A P T E R 13

Step By Step

It was Sunday. Youngjae’s assistant called in that something happened at the company so Youngjae had to go. I was alone watching TV when my phone rang.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hyoin,” I heard Kaeri’s voice.

“Oh Kaeri,”

“Oh deh~”

“Is there something you need?”

“I was just wondering if you wanted to go shopping today? Well if you’re free.”

“Of course I can,” I smiled.

“Ok, I’ll come pick you up,” Kaeri said happily.

“Ok,”

She hung up as I left up to change. I texted Youngjae to make sure he doesn’t freak out when he comes home and I’m not there. Kaeri came and we left to the mall.

“Where’s Youngjae?” she asked.

“Oh something came up at his company so he left,” I replied.

“Oh~” she nodded her head. We spent the day buying and trying clothes on. We then entered a toy shop because Kaeri wanted to buy something for her little niece.

“Hyoin?” I heard someone called me. I turned to see a familiar face.

“Oh my,” the girl said gasping. “I-I didn’t know you were awake.”

I tilted my head.

“I’m sorry, I can’t remember who you are,” I told her.

“My name is Juli,” she said and fell on her knees.

“What are you doing?” I was shocked. I tried to pull her up but she wouldn’t get up.

“I’m sorry Hyoin! I caused you to lose Yoojin! Please forgive me! I didn’t mean for it to happen this way!! Please forgive me Hyoin!”

“What? Who’s Yoojin?” I asked.

“You don’t remember?” Juli got up and looked at me. I just looked at her still deeply confused.

“That day on December 15, you had a miscarriage.”

I couldn’t even concentrate well now. My head was starting to hurt.

“A mis-miscarriage?” I asked.

Juli said sorry one more time and left.

“Oh wait-,” I tripped and fell.

“Hyoin!” Kaeri came beside me. I held my head as it started to hurt more.

“Let’s go home,” Kaeri helped me up and we left the mall. She helped me inside and to my room.

“Should I call Youngjae?” she asked.

“I’m fine, I just need some rest,” I told her. She nodded and left.

[FLASHES]

"Why won’t you just tell her?! Why are you all trying to hide it away from her?! She suffered enough already! YOU, my friend, is her husband! Don’t keep her in a state like this! I hate to see her this way!"

"You don’t know how she’ll react after knowing what she lost. Especially since I was the one that caused it!"

"ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS MAN UP!"

"Her stomach hasn’t fully recovered yet from that last accident. I don’t know why, but it should’ve have cured already. I will just note to you that she’ll be okay for now and will be able to leave after waking up."

"Deh, thank you doctor."

"But the probability for another one is very low."

"Deh? But you said once everything cures, she’ll be able to have another one."

"The process of her curing is too slow. It’s been 2 months already. Please don’t put high hopes on this. The possible results are yet to be a maybe to a never."

"I-I’m sorry. I caused everything. I should’ve been the one who dies instead. I hope she can understand what I’ve done wrong and forgive me for it…"

"Youngjae made you lost that stupid kid, how are you still in love with that idiot?"

"I’m sorry Hyoin! I caused you to lose Yoojin! Please forgive me! I didn’t mean for it to happen this way! Please forgive me Hyoin!"

“That day on December 15, you had a miscarriage.”

Now I know the truth…

I enter the house. Why? Why did he have to hide it from me? I walked up to our room and sat down on the bed as tears flow down my cheeks. Visions started to flow into my head.

[Flashback]

"What’s this?" I asked looking at the big orange envelope Juli handed towards me.

"Youngjae wanted me to give this to you," she said. I took it and opened it. I pulled out the paper and stopped right after the top was reveal. Abortion Agreement?

"Is something wrong?" Juli asked. I shook my head and push the paper back down.

~amudo molle saranghae~

I pulled my phone out and looked at it. Youngjae…

"Is that Youngjae?" Juli asked. I nodded my head and wiped the small tears in my eyes away.

"Hello?" I answered.

"What took you so long to answer?" Youngjae asked.

"Youngjae…did you want me to sigh a paper?" I asked.

"Oh deh, how did you know?"

"Was it for our baby?"

"Deh, and for us,"

More tears flowed out of my eyes. I hung up the phone and looked at Juli.

"You’re right," I said. "He may love me but he doesn’t even want Yoojin. I remember the first time i told him i was pregnant. He wasn't even happy. He didn't even want the baby. He said he wasn't ready yet to be a father. He said he was only ready to be my husband."

"What are you talking about?" Juli asked looking confused. She came and patted my back. I cried and ran off. I couldn’t believe it. He loves me…yet he wants to abort his own daughter, Yoojin. I held onto my stomach. Don’t worry Yoojin-ah~ Umma will protect you. She’ll never leave you~

I stopped and started to walk. My phone kept ringing and it was Youngjae who kept calling. I threw my phone and the orange envelope into the trashcan. I walked into the park and sat on the swings. I looked at the dull sky as the snow started to fall down again. I pulled my coat closer and hugged my stomach.

"Hyoin!" I heard his voice. I turned and saw Youngjae.

"There you ar-," I ran off before he could finish talking.

"Hyoin! Stop running! You could slip!" he yelled.

"Why do you even bother?!" I yelled and continue running. I stopped at the corner of the street.

"It’s dangerous running," he said.

"Why do you care?!" I yelled as tears flow in my eyes again.

"Why are you crying? What’s wrong? Why are you like that?"

"I don’t want to sign the paper,"

"This?" He lifted up an orange envelope. "But it’s good for you and me and our daughter."

"Ahni! You liar!" I yelled. "I trusted you! I thought you care for Yoojin! You never did! I don’t want you near me or her!"

"W-what? What are you talking about?" He came up and held my hand. "I made my mind, and this is what I want."

"I won’t sign it!" I said and tugged my hand off. My foot slipped on the snowy side walk and luckily I caught balance and landed safely on the street.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP!!~

 

+~+

 

I slowly open my eyes. The ceiling was moving fast.

"Hyoin!" I heard Youngjae’s voice. The cart slowly came to a stop.

"We need your approval signature for the removal of the baby," I heard the doctor.

“Can’t you save both?”

"Hurry, she’s already losing a lot of blood. It’s either Hyoin or the baby."

"W-what?" my voice was weak. I shifted my eyes towards Youngjae. His face was pale and his shirt was flooded with blood stains. I saw my hand blooded up.

"Andwae~ don’t sign it! Andwae!" I yelled and held onto Youngjae’s hand. He hit my hand away and took out a pen.

"Don’t hurt my baby!" I yelled trying to reach him.

"You can hurt me but not my baby!!" I yelled louder. He turned his back on me and soon handed the clipboard back to the doctor.

"I don’t want the baby," I heard him.

"W-what?" I looked at him.

"I want Hyoin and that’s final," he said. They started to roll me away.

"ANDWAE! MY BABY! ANDWAE!" I screamed all my energy out.

 

+~+

 

BEEP…BEEP…BEEP

I could hear the machine. I slowly open my eyes.

"Hyoin my sweetie~" I heard my mother’s voice.

"Umma," I said.

"Are you hungry?" Hyosung asked and smiled. "I made some delicious chicken soup for you to eat."

"Umma…" I called and held onto my stomach.

"What is it sweetie?" she asked.

"Where’s my baby?" I asked looking at her. I saw her expression change.

"S-she’s…" my mother couldn’t finish her sentence.

"What happened to Yoojin?" I asked raising my voice. "Where’s my baby?!"

"She’s gone," she blurted out and burst into tears. "Yoojin’s gone."

"ANDWAE!" I yelled and scream all I can. "MY BABY YOOJIN! ANDWAE! I WANT MY BABY YOOJIN!"

"Hyoin! Stop it please, you just barely woke up," my mother said and hugged me.

"YOOJIN!" I screamed. "MY BABY! I WANT MY BABY BACK!!"

"Hyoin," I heard his voice. I looked and saw Youngjae by the door.

"GET OUT!" I yelled. "DON’T COME NEAR ME!! LEAVE! GET OUT!!"

"Hyoin, liste-,"

"GET OUT!!!" I yelled and backed away. "DON’T COME NEAR ME! UMMA TAKE HIM OUT!! I DON’T WANT TO SEE HIM ANYMORE! LEAVE!"

"Leave," I heard Hyosung. "Leave for now."

"My baby~~" I cried and cried my eyes out. "Yoojin-ah~~"

"Shhh, don’t cry anymore," my mother said and caressed my hair.

"I’m useless!" I yelled. "I couldn’t protect Yoojin! Umma! I’m useless!"

"No you’re not!" my mother said and hugged me. "You’re my daughter! You’re not useless sweetie~"

I screamed and screamed.

 

+~+

 

It was a couple of weeks now. I was in my room staring at the stars.

"Yoojin-ah~" I said and held onto my stomach. "Umma is sorry. Umma couldn’t protect you from the evil guy. Umma is really useless. Umma wants you back~"

Tears started to fall down my eyes again.

"Hyoin, have some food," Hyosung said and placed a tray down next to me.

"I don’t want to eat," I said and wiped my tears.

"You have to eat to be strong again," she said.

"I was never strong…"

"Stop saying that. Here eat some soup."

"I SAID I DON’T WANT TO EAT!" I push Hyosung’s hand away.

"CAN YOU PLEASE STOP ACTING LIKE THIS?!" Hyosung yelled at me. "YOOJIN IS GONE HYOIN! PLEASE KNOW THAT SHE WON’T COME BACK! PLEASE STOP!"

I started to scream and push the tray away.

"WHY ME?!" I screamed. The food spilled all over the floor.

"WHY YOOJIN?!"

I pulled my hair and screamed. I couldn’t take the fact that I lost Yoojin. I broke the promise with her. I couldn’t protect her. My head started to feel dizzy and I fainted.

[End of Flashback]

"Yoojin-ah~" I cried and cried. I looked at the clock. It was already 9pm. I heard the door downstairs close.

"Hyoin!~" Youngjae called my name. I heard his footsteps coming up the stairs. He came into the room and the lights.

"Hyoin!" he ran towards me. "Are you okay?"

"Don’t touch me!" I yelled.

"What happened?"

"YOU LIED TO ME!"

"W-what?" he stared at me confused.

"Yoojin," I said. He widened his eyes. I could see tears form in it.

"I remember," I said. "Everything…"

"Hyoin," he said and held onto my hand.

"Why did you want to abort Yoojin?" I asked and wiped my tears but more kept falling.

"I never did," he said and help wiped my tears.

"Why did you give Juli the abortion paper to give it to me?" I asked.

"What?" he asked. "I never gave an abortion paper to Juli. I never even made one!"

"Liar!" I yelled. "You wanted me to sign it!"

"I wanted you to sign our marriage agreement!" Youngjae yelled. I looked at him.

"Juli gave you the abortion paper?" he asked. I nodded my head. He hugged me tightly.

"I never wanted to abort Yoojin," he said. "You’ve mistaken it. I wanted you to sign our marriage agreement so we can start living together and take care of Yoojin."

I couldn’t reply. I was crying and crying. I couldn’t stop at all.

"My Yoojin…" I whispered and held onto my stomach.

"Hyoin-ah~" Youngjae called my name.

"But why didn’t you tell me after I woke up?" I looked at him.

"You hated me since after that accident," he said. "If I told you again, you’ll end up like that. And I don’t want that to happen. I love you, and I don’t want to live without you."

"Youngjae…" my voice trailed off.

"Hm?" he looked at me.

"I want to be alone for awhile…"

I heard him sigh and saw him walked away. I sat down on the bed and held onto my stomach. Everything was flashing in my head quickly. I cried and cried and couldn’t stop at all. All night I was thinking of what to do now on and cried myself to sleep.

 


-----iApple's Corner

updated! she finally knows what happened!

it is similar because  "Fated To Love You" inspired me to write this part~

if you haven't seen it then go watch it~

It's a taiwanese drama! REALLY DAEBAK!

anyways~ le story is going to end soon...well i think just like 5-6 more chaps??~