C H A P T E R 10

Step By Step

The following days i became a lot better. Today was Jong Up and Jiki's wedding.

"How do i look?" Youngjae looked in the mirror.

"Handsome, now let’s go. We’re going to be late!" I dragged him downstairs. We put on our shoes and left. We finally arrived outside of the building.

"Look, everyone’s in already!" I quickly got out. "Hurry!"

"Wait, I need to lock the car door."

I waited till he finish and dragged him to the door. We entered and walked up to the front seats which was reserved for us. I waved and smiled at Jong Up. He smiled back. Jong Up was wearing a black suit with a light green bow tie.

"Jong Up looks handsome in the suit don’t you think?" I whispered to Youngjae.

"Eh, what?" he looked at me. "Only I can look handsome to you."

I rolled my eyes and turned to the back. Jiki and her father entered the building.

"Wah, Jiki dongsaeng looks so beautiful," I smiled. Jiki’s wedding dress was the same color as Jong Up’s bow tie. They walked up to the front of the room. Jiki’s father handed Jiki towards Jong Up as he took her hand. They were smiling at each other so brightly. My eyes started to get watery.

"Why are you crying?" Youngjae asked. "This is a wedding."

"I’m just happy for Jong Up and Jiki," I wiped away the tears. "They’re so adorable together."

"Reminds me of us," he added. I looked at him as he faced the front. After Jong Up and Jiki finished their vows, they kissed. Everyone clapped and cheered on for them. There was an after party for just us. It was at the dance studio that Jong Up always goes to.

"I would like to say something for our Moontos," Yong Guk said smiling as he raised his cup of juice. We all turned our attention towards him.

"Jong Up, Jiki," he looked at both of them. "We all want to congratz on the wedding. You two are now official together and will never be apart. We’re happy to add the lovely Jiki into our family. She is now consider…MRS. MOON!"

Everyone cheered and clapped.

"I heard Jiki unnie prepared something for Jong Up!~~~~" Ali said loudly. Everyone looked at Jiki. She smiled and walked to the speakers. I saw her plugged in her music player and suddenly a song played.

"Wall To Wall" by Chris Brown. I smiled. Jong Up’s favorite artist.

Jiki started walking towards Jong Up with the beat of the song. His face had a shocked look, but which quickly turned into a smirk. Everyone was hollering at them dancing together. Both of their body moved at the same beat as the song continued. When the music came to a stop, Jiki finished it with a deep kiss. That made everyone hollered louder. Jiki whispered something into Jong Up’s ear as he started to smile. He walked to the speakers while Jiki walked towards us.

"Hyoin unnie, I want to see you dance," she said pulling me up.

"Dance? Ahni, I can’t dance," I protested.

"Just once…with Youngjae," Jiki said now pulling Youngjae up. "Please?~"

"Ok," Youngjae replied as he dragged me to the middle.

"Yah, I don’t know how to dance," I whispered to him.

"What do you mean?" Youngjae looked at me. "You were Jong Up’s dance teacher back then."

"W-what?"

"Just move to the beat,"

Jong Up played another song.

"It’s not Chris Brown," I whispered.

"That’s because it’s Jay Park," Youngjae smiled and grabbed my hand. I followed him with every move. Suddenly I started dancing differently yet it still matched the beat.

[Flashback]

"Why are we here?" I asked looking around the empty dance studio. "Shouldn’t Jong Up be around at this time?"

"I asked him if I could use it for tonight," Youngjae said.

"Why?"

"I’m going to teach you a dance I created."

"Really? I bet it’s easy."

"Keep betting," He smirked and went to plug in his music player. The song started to play.

"Jay Park," I watched as Youngjae danced to it so perfectly. As he finished, I walked up to him.

"Now teach me," I smiled. He smiled back and we started the lesson. The whole day we practice and finished the dance late.

[Flashback ends]

We finished as everyone screamed.

"Wow, I haven’t seen that in awhile now," Jong Up smiled. "Good job Hyoin noona!"

"Oh thank you," I bowed. Everyone went up one by one to dance. Yong Guk didn’t want to go up when it was his turn. Jieun dragged him to the center as he continues protesting.

"Do a y dance!" Sunhee yelled.

"y? No!" Yong Guk said.

"Y! Y! Y! Y!" we chanted. I saw Yong Guk sighed and nodded. Jong Up put on a beat. We laughed as Yong Guk started, even Jieun laughed. The party ended after a group dance.

"That was fun," I laughed.

"Our dance?" Youngjae looked at me as he opened the door. I nodded my head.

"I didn’t know I could dance."

"You just forgot,"

"I didn’t know you could dance," I laughed. Youngjae stopped in his tracks and glared at me.

"What? I forgot that you can dance," I continue laughing and grabbed his hand. "Let’s go sleep~ I’m tired~~"

 

+~+

 

The next morning, Youngjae dropped me off and left for work.

"You’re back Mrs. Yoo," Kaeri smiled.

"How’s work?" I asked.

"Perfect as usual,"

"Sorry I kept having you work as head manager,"

"Oh it’s ok at all,"

"You must be really tired, here I’ll work, you go have some rest," I grabbed her folder.

"Ahni, I can’t rest," Kaeri said trying to get her folder back.

"Why?"

"It’s personal," Kaeri said as she grabbed the folder from my hand.

"If you need someone to talk to, you know I’m always here," I smiled at her. "If it’s really personal, just keep it to yourself."

Kaeri nodded and left back to work. I walked around making sure everyone was doing their job.

"We meet again," a voice said. I turned and saw Yukwon.

"Yukwon!" I yelled shocked at his sudden appearance. "Wh-why are you here?"

"Well since our last Saturday date was canceled, I was wondering if you’re free tomorrow?" he asked.

"Tomorrow?" I thought for a bit. "I guess."

"Good," he smiled. "So is there any new artwork piece?"

"Oh yes, they message me yesterday that a new artwork arrived," I said motioning him to follow me. We stopped in front of white box. I opened it revealing a nice sculpture purple swan.

"This is beautiful," Yukwon said taking a closer look. "How much is it?"

"It’s not for sale," I said. He laughed and stood up.

"Sorry, I didn’t know," he smiled.

"Oh it’s ok," I said closing the box.

~Nanli nanli nanli na~

"Hello?" Yukwon answered his phone. He talked for a bit and then hung up. "I have to get going. Remember tomorrow, I’ll come pick you up here at 12pm."

"Oh deh," I nodded and waved as he left. I left back to work. Time went by fast and it was already lunch break.

"H-hyoin," i heard someone called me.

"Oh Kaeri," i saw her.

"Can we talk?" she asked. I nodded.

"You want to go get something to eat while we're at it?" i asked. She nodded and we left to a nearby restaurant. We took our orders and waited.

"So what is it that you wanted to tell me?" i asked.

"W-well, my boyfriend's birthday is coming soon," she replied.

"Boyfriend?" i looked at her with a smile. She blushed and covered her face.

"Aww don't be shy about it~~" i said removing her hands.

"W-well, he wants this headphone that's really good quality," she said. "But it's really expensive."

"How much is it?" i asked.

"$1,000," Kaeri replied.

"$1,000?!" i yelled shocked. "What kind of headphone is that? It's so expensive!"

"I know that's why i need to work some extra time," Kaeri said.

"How much have you saved?" i asked.

"I've got enough but my mother's still at the hospital," she replied.

"Your mother's at the hospital?" i looked at her. She nodded her head.

"I have to pay for the hospital expenses too," Kaeri said. "So can you give me a raise just this once so i can get the headphone for him?"

"Of course," i smiled.

"Thank you so much Hyoin!!~" Kaeri hugged me tightly.

"I-it's ok~" i smiled. Our food came and we ate away, and then left back to work. When work ended that day, Youngjae came and picked me up.

"How's work?" he asked.

"Alright~" i smiled. "Hey, have you ever heard of a headphone that is $1,000?" i asked looking at him.

"That's cheap," he simply replied. "And yeah, i heard of it."

"CHEAP?!" i yelled. "It's only headphones yet its $1,000!"

"I got headphones that are over that price range," he laughed.

"You wasted money on headphones that are over that price range?" i asked looking at him. He nodded.

"How come i don't see any headphones anywhere?" i asked.

"They're at Yong Guk's studio," he replied. I nodded as Youngjae drove home.

 

+~+

 

It was the next day. We left for work. Time passed by and it was almost lunch, when Yukwon finally arrived.

"Hello," he greeted.

"Hello," i greeted back.

"Shall we get going?" he smiled. I nodded and left. I already told Kaeri that i would come back a bit late after lunch, she understood. Yukwon decided to go eat first and then go for a short shopping time. We arrived at the restaurant. It was different from the last one. We ordered our food and waited.

"So do you have a girlfriend?" i asked curious. He laughed and nodded his head.

"You want to see her?" he asked. I nodded my head. Yukwon took out his phone and showed me a picture.

"Her name's Emma," he said. "She's half korean and half american. I met her on my trip to the States."

"Wow, she's beautiful," i complimented. "You two make a cute couple."

"Thanks," he said putting his phone back. Our food arrived and we ate.

"So do you plan to have another one?" he asked.

"Another what?" i looked at him confused.

"A wedding," he laughed. "You and Youngjae are planning to marry again right?"

"Oh that," i looked at him. "I don't know, it's still in decision."

Yukwon looked at me and moved closer.

"W-what is it?" i asked. He smiled.

"There's something on your lips," he said grabbing a napkin and wiped my mouth.

"O-oh thank you," i said embarrassed. He sat back down and we continued to talk. After finishing eating, we left to the nearby stores.

"How about this?" he asked placing a headband on my head. It was blue and had a medium size bow on it.

"It's pretty," i smiled.

"I'll buy it," he said.

"Oh you don't have to," i said stopping him.

"Come on, as a gift because we're friends," he smiled and went to the cashier. I sighed and followed after him. After paying, he placed the headband on my head.

"It matches your clothes," he smiled.

"Thank you," i smiled back.

"I think we should head back," he said looking at his watch. I nodded as we left the store. Yukwon dropped me off and i waved goodbye. I enter the building and continue working. It was around 10, i waited for Youngjae's car but it didn't show up yet. I called him and he didn't answer either. I decided to get on the late bus home. When I arrived, I opened the door but stop when I notice something. There was a pair of heels that I don’t recognize. I slowly walked to our room hoping it wasn’t what I was thinking. The door was already open. I walked in and the lights. I widened my eyes at the scene. Youngjae was waist up with a girl I don’t even know sleeping on him. The girl rose up and looked at me.

"W-who are you?" I manage to ask her.

"Me? Oh I’m his girlfriend, who are you?" she replied in a tone.

"Girlfriend?" My eyes started to water. Without replying, I ran downstairs and slipped on my shoes. I took out my phone and called Hyosung.

"U-unnie," I said. "Come get me."

"What happened? Where are you?"

"I’m at the corner of the block," I replied.

"Stay there and don’t go anywhere, got it?"

I hung up and waited. She soon arrived and ran out of her car towards me.

"What happened?"

"Can I sleep over?"

"Of course you can, but tell unnie what happened,"

"I’ll tell you when we get home," I said. She nodded as we both entered the car. We arrived at home and I told her everything. She was about to storm out and go beat Youngjae up but I stopped her.

"I don’t want to see him for awhile," I said. "I’m going to sleep over for a couple of days."

"Stay as long as you want," Hyosung tried to smile. "You must be tired, go get some sleep."

I nodded and left to my room.