C H A P T E R 11

Step By Step

I woke up to the voice of Hyosung.

"Hyoing-ah~" she said softly. I rubbed my eyes and slowly sat up.

"Are you hungry? What do you want to eat?"

"Anything is fine," i smiled. She nodded and left downstairs. I washed up and walked down. I sat on the sofa and watched TV. The doorbell ring and i ran to open it.

"Hel-," before i could finish i shut the door. It was Youngjae. He started to knock on the door.

"Hyoin! Open up!" he yelled. "Listen to me! I need to talk with you!"

I ran up to my room before he could start talking. I closed the door and slid down. I hugged my knees and try to prevent my tears from falling out. After awhile I slightly opened the door and heard Hyosung and Youngjae talking.

"So that was the reason?"

"Yes...please tell Hyoin that i won't leave until i get to talk to her."

"Ok," I heard the door closed and then footsteps up towards my room. I quickly closed my door. Hyosung knocked and I acted like I didn’t hear anything.

"Come in," I said. Hyosung opened the door and entered.

"He’s staying outside until you talk with him," Hyosung said. "If you want, go. But let me warn you, don’t get on him so easily."

I nodded my head. I didn’t want to talk with him. I don’t know why. I guess what I saw yesterday is holding me back. I got up and walked downstairs to eat.

"Is he still out there?" I asked. Hyosung nodded her head.

"You don’t want to talk with him?" she asked. I nodded my head and stood up.

"I’m done eating,"

"You can leave it in the sink I’ll wash them," Hyosung said. I nodded and placed my plate in the sink then left to my room. How am I supposed to go to work with him out there? I guess Kaeri has to cover up again…

I grabbed my phone and notice many missed calls, text messages, and voicemails from Youngjae. I sighed and ignored them. I dialed Kaeri’s number.

"Hello," she answered.

"Kaeri, I need you to cover up again for a couple of days," I told her.

"Why? Are you sick?" she asked.

"Ah yeah," I replied.

"Ok, if you’re home I can drop off some soup for you during lunch," she added.

"Oh it’s ok," I said. "Thanks for the offer though. Hwaiting! Work hard ok?"

"Oh deh!" Kaeri said. I laughed and hung up. I hate myself for making her do so much.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Come in," I said. Hyosung then opened the door and slid her head in.

"I’m going out with Gikwang for a bit," she said. "If something happens call me immediately ok?"

I nodded my head. "Have fun." I tried to smile. She nodded and smiled back. Hyosung left the house. There’s been nothing else to do. I’m stuck in here just looking at the ceiling. I pouted and sat up.

"Aish why isn’t there anything to do?!" I messed up my hair and threw my stuff animal bird on the floor. I sigh and went to pick it up again.

"Sorry birdie," I said and placed it on my bed. I decided to go downstairs and check if Youngjae was still there. I knocked on the door. Youngjae’s voice started to blabber out again. He’s still here…great I don’t think he’ll ever leave…

I turned and was about to enter the kitchen when I heard Youngjae.

"Hyoin I know you’re in there. Please listen to me. What happened yesterday night was planned by Yukwon. Please trust me. You know I would never do this to you. Hyoin please trust me."

Yukwon? I don’t think Yukwon would ever do this to me.

I shook my head and left back upstairs into my room. I decided to look around for whatever can catch my eyes. I then found a thick book.

"TS High’s Yearbook," I read the title. I opened it and look through. Omo, I do look like a total geek. Gosh, I’m glad I know a bit fashion now.

I looked through and stopped on a picture.

"Kina…she’s the one that pushed me into the swimming pool," I thought. Suddenly my head started to hurt.

[Flashback]

"Hyoin-ah~ I won’t be able to walk you home today," Youngjae said. "I have to go to this meeting with the Music Club. Remember its Tuesday."

I nodded my head and understood him.

"Deh I remember," I replied. He smiled and kissed my cheek. I pushed up my glasses and smiled.

"It’s almost time for class, let’s go," he said and took my hand. He dropped me off and left to his class. After that class ended I had Gym last. I walked to it and change into my gym clothes. I locked my locker and left outside where the teachers were at. They only made us run today and then play sports. I sat out and watched the other kids play. Soon the bell rang and we all left to change. I went to my locker and it was opened. I look through making sure I didn’t lose anything, but my phone was gone. I searched the whole locker room making sure if it was there or not. Luckily I found it in the showers, but it died because someone the showers. I sighed and walk back to my locker. Almost everyone was done and has gone home already. I changed quickly and grabbed my bag.

"Goodbye Hyoin," Kina smiled at me and left. I turned to my locker. I was about to lock it when I notice my lock was gone. I pouted and look on the ground. Then I heard a door shut.

"Wait!" I yelled and ran to the door. My eyes widened at who was standing there.

"M-minjun,"

He smirked and threw the keys aside.

"You’re all mines," he said stepping closer to me.

"W-what are you going to do?" I asked backing away.

"Oh it won’t hurt…or will it?" he asked taking off his shirt.

"Y-yah don’t step any closer or i-,"

"What are you going to do to a strong man like me? You’re useless Hyoin." He then ran forward. He grabbed onto my shirt. I bit his hand and pushed him back. I ran to the back as he followed. He got a hold onto my over coat and pulled it off.

"Oh come on Hyoin, stop playing hard to get will you~" he threw my coat aside.

"P-please Minjun, please don’t do this," I begged as my eyes started to get teary.

"Make me," he smirked and tried to grab me but missed. I then ran to the door and bang on it.

"OPEN U-," before I could finish Minjun covered my mouth. I bit his hand and pushed him away.

"Come on I’m playing it easy, you want it hard?"

"W-why are you doing this Minjun?" I asked a tear fell down from my eyes.

"Why?" he scoffed. "Because I hate you, and will get rid of you."

He grabbed my wrists and pushed me to the wall. I tried to free myself but couldn’t because of his grip.

"PLEASE STOP!" I yelled. He then smirked and moved closer to my face.

"PLEASE PLEASE STOP!!" I yelled as more tears fell from my eyes. He ignored me still and pulled off my tie. He then moved his lips onto my neck. The door then suddenly flung open.

"HYOIN!" I heard Youngjae’s voice. Minjun stopped and turned. Youngjae stood there with an aggressive face on. This was the first time I saw him like that. He then grabbed Minjun by the collar and gave him a huge punch in the face. I was still crying falling down to my knees. Youngjae came and hugged me tightly.

"I’m sorry," he whispered and kissed my forehead. I didn’t reply but hugged him tightly.

[Flashback ends]

I shook my head and closed the yearbook. What was that all about? Weird.

I put the book away and left back downstairs to get something to eat. I the TV and watched the weather channel. The lady said that there might be a chance of rain tomorrow. That’s good, it’s been hot lately. I heard the door open and Hyosung entered.

"He’s still out there?" I asked. She nodded her head.

"So how was the date?"

"Alright," she replied. "Are you hungry?"

I shook my head. Then I remembered about the flashback I had.

"Unnie…" I said.

"Hm?" she asked sitting down next to me.

"Do you know a guy name Minjun?" I asked.

"Why are you asking about him?"

"So you know him?"

"Yeah," she simply replied.

"Well…is there anything else you know?"

"Um…in highschool something happened between you and him," she said getting up.

"What happened exactly?" I asked.

"Um I don’t really know, that’s all that Youngjae told me," she replied and enter the kitchen. I followed her in.

"He tried to me huh?" I asked. She turned with a shocked face.

"H-how did you know?"

"I remembered it," I said. "Now is there more information behind him?"

"…fine I’ll tell you then…" she said. "But I don’t think you’re going to believe me."

"I will, I promise," I said.

"Yeah I don’t think so," Hyosung said and took out a cup and poured water.

"Just say it,"

"Ok, Kim Yukwon paid Minjun to you," Hyosung replied and drank her cup of water.

"WHAT?! That’s impossible! Yukwon would never!" I yelled.

"See I told you, you wouldn’t believe it," Hyosung shrugged her shoulders.

"Tell me more," I begged. Hyosung sighed and sat down at the sofa. I sat beside her.

"Kim Yukwon was one of your old friends. I’ve been told that he had a crush on you since middle school. You then met Youngjae in high school and that’s when he started to hate you and Youngjae. So he planned the scene out making sure Youngjae wasn’t around so Minjun could attack you. Luckily Youngjae’s club meeting was canceled that day or you would’ve been dead."

I sat there dazed at what Hyosung had said.

"So he was right…" I whispered.

"Who was right?"

"Not long ago, Yukwon came to visit my work place. We went to eat at a restaurant and he made me eat some meat. Then after I got a stomach ache and I was sent to the hospital. When I woke up Youngjae told me to stay away from him. I didn’t know the real details behind Yukwon, so I yelled at him for saying such things about Yukwon."

"Well if you want, you should go talk with Youngjae," Hyosung said. "He probably has a meaning behind what happened the other day as well."

Hyosung then left to her room. I stared at the door. I shook my head then left to my room. I fell into a deep sleep that night. I didn’t wake up until Hyosung woke me up.

"Aish! Hyoin!" she yelled shaking me.

"What?" I lazily asked.

"It’s freakin 2pm!" she yelled.

"2PM!" I yelled and sat up.

"Finally you’re up," Hyosung said. "It’s only 12pm."

"Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?!" I yelled and looked out the window. It was raining.

"That weather lady lied! It’s raining so hard!" I yelled and ran downstairs. I opened the door. Youngjae was sitting there by the doorsteps soaked in the rain.

"Youngjae!" I yelled got on my knees. I cupped his face. "Youngjae! You’re face is burning! Aish you pabo! Why are you still out here when it’s raining?!"

"H-hyoin-ah~" his voice sounded so weak. I helped him up and into the house. I placed him on the sofa.

"What happened?" Hyosung came downstairs.

"Youngjae’s sick," I enter the kitchen, grabbed a bowl, and filled it with water. I grabbed some towels and went back to the living room.

"Unnie, do we have any guy clothes?" I asked.

"Only appa’s," she replied. "But his should work."

Hyosung left to get appa’s clothes while I placed a wet towel on his forehead.

"Why did you stand out there for so long?" I said feeling guilty. Hyosung came down with one of appa’s big white t-shirt. I took off Youngjae’s wet shirt and put on appa’s dry shirt. I removed the towel on his head and replaced it with a new one. Suddenly I felt a burning hand on mines.

"I’m sorry," Youngjae managed to say.

"I should be the one saying that," I said. Youngjae grabbed my hand and held it tightly.

"Don’t leave me…" he said.

"Don’t worry…I won’t…"

I stood there watching as he slowly fell asleep. He had dark circles under his eyes, his hair was a mess, and his face was burning. I waited for awhile and let go of his hand. I got up to go make some soup. Hyosung then enter the kitchen.

"He didn’t have the energy to tell you yet?"

"Tell me what?" I looked at her.

"Yukwon planned that date with you. He got people to take pictures of you two and send it to Youngjae’s office. Then Youngjae was invited by Mr. Jo who also works side by side with Yukwon. They got Youngjae really really drunk, and paid a girl at the club to bring Youngjae home around 10pm so when you arrive everything would be in a mess for you."

"Why am I so stupid?!" I yelled hitting my head slightly.

"Ahni you’re not," Hyosung said. "All girls are like this."

"I feel so bad for not listening to him in the first place," I sighed and turned off the stove. I put some soup into a bowl and enter the living room. I woke Youngjae up to eat.

"I’m sorry," I said again. "If only I knew what Yukwon really was."

He laughed and ate some soup.

"Watch out, it’s real-,"

"Hot hot hot hot," Youngjae said putting the bowl down.

"Hot…" I finished my sentence. I laughed and looked at him. He smiled and moved his face closer to mines. We close the gap between us as our lips met. I backed away and laughed.

"You’re going to get me sick too,"

He laughed and grabbed the bowl of soup and continued to eat it. He stayed for the night, and we left the next morning.

"So what happened to that GIRLFRIEND of yours?" I asked emphasizing the word girlfriend. He laughed and opened the door to our house.

"Tiki made her ran out of the house by herself," he replied.

"Really?"

WOOF!

I looked and saw Tiki. He ran towards me as I bent down and hugged him tightly.

"I missed you so much!!" I yelled. He my cheek and barked again.

"You must be starving!" I said and enter the kitchen. I took out dog food and poured it in his bowl. He devoured it down quickly. I then stood up and enter the living room. Youngjae was sleeping on the sofa peacefully. I went and sat on the floor and placed my hand on his forehead.

"You’re still burning," I said.

"I’m ok," I heard him.

"Go sleep in our room, it’s more comfortable then the sofa,"

"I’m too tired to,"

"Get all the rest you need ok?"

He nodded his head and went back to sleep.

 


-----iApple's Corner

updating again for Yani dongsaeng!~

thank you for always commenting!! <3

now imma go to sleep!~