C H A P T E R 16

Step By Step

The sun was shining through our bedroom window. I opened my eyes and felt Youngjae’s arms around my waist. I look up and smiled. I poked his cheek.

"Hm?" he asked removing my hand.

"It’s time for work," I said and got up. He pulled me back down.

"I can go to work anytime," he said and hugged me tightly. "Let’s sleep more."

"You can but I can’t," I said and pinched his nose.

"Y-yah!" he screamed. "Didn’t I tell you to stop pinching my nose and cheek?"

I laughed and got up. We washed up and changed.

"How do I look?" Youngjae was once in front of the mirror again.

"Do you always have to ask that every morning?" I said and rolled my eyes. He pulled me and placed me in front of him. We both looked at the mirror. He back hugged me and placed his chin on my shoulder.

"You’re beautiful today," he whispered into my ears.

"Just today?" I joked.

"Yes," he played along. I removed his hands and walked to the door first.

"Hyoin babe~ I was just kidding~~" Youngjae said and held onto my wrist.

"I know," I smiled and kissed his chubby cheeks. "I love you Youngjae~"

"I love you too," he said and kissed my cheek.

"You don’t go anywhere for lunch ok?" I said fixing his tie.

"Why?" he asked.

"I’ll drop off some food," I replied.

"It better be delicious," he smiled and kissed my lips this time.

"Oh it will be," I smiled. We both walked out of the house. Youngjae sent me off and took off to work. I look at him till he was out of my sight. I walked into the building.

"Morning Mrs. Yoo," Kaeri smiled.

"Kaeri, can you cover up?" I asked.

"Of course, but why?" she asked. "Are you feeling sick again?"

"Ahni," I smiled. "I’m going to go to the store and buy some ingredients."

"For what?" Kaeri eyed me.

"I’m going to make lunch for Youngjae," I replied.

"Awww how sweet~~" she sang. "I want my love story to be like yours~"

I looked at her and laugh.

"You can make a better love story than mines," I smiled. "The story is only perfect when the characters are together. And the author is loved."

"Oh…," Kaeri said taking out some notes. I laughed at her and pat her back.

"I’m going now," I said. "I’ll be back after lunch break. Work hard! Hwaiting!!~"

"Oh deh! Bye Mrs. Yoo!" I saw Kaeri waved bye. I waved back and left the building.

Hmm, what should I cook for Youngjae? He wanted something delicious…What can I cook?

I walked to a near supermarket. There are so many dishes I can make. Kimchi? Dukbokki? Kimbap? I shook my head and saw a cook book. I scan through and stopped on one.

"Deng Shim Gui?" I looked at it. "This looks delicious…I’ll cook this."

I grabbed the cook book and went to search for the ingredients. After finding all the ingredients and paying for it I left. I enter the house and placed the bags on the table.

WOOF!

"What is this for?" I looked at Tiki. "Well I’m going to make some delicious lunch for your appa."

WOOF!

"You’re hungry?" I asked. Tiki nodded his head. I grabbed his bag of food and pour it in his bowl. Tiki started to chew down his food as I went back to the table. I took out the cook book and placed it on the table. I took out the ingredients and lay them down in order. After finishing with everything, I placed them into the lunchbox neatly and continue onto the fruits. After that, I packed everything into a bag and left the house. I got my way to the company. I looked down at my watch and smiled. I walked in as everyone greeted me. I greeted them back and enter the elevator. I pressed the button for level 34 and waited. Weird. There’s no one getting on this elevator? Suddenly I felt my stomach ache. I held onto it. Why now? Why is it hurting now? I held onto it as it started to hurt more and more. I couldn’t stand anymore and fell. I heard the elevator door open.

"MRS. YOO!" I heard a girl screamed. She ran in and held onto my shoulders.

"Mrs. Yoo, are you okay?" she asked. "What’s wrong?"

"M-my stomach," I couldn’t even finish my sentence.

"Tell Mr. Yoo to come here NOW!" I heard her. "Hold it in Mrs. Yoo, Mr. Yoo is on his way."

I nodded but soon past out due to too much pain in my stomach.

 

+~+

 

I heard that beeping machine again. I always end up here. I opened my eyes and sat up. No one’s here?

"REALLY?!" I heard Youngjae’s voice. Is something wrong?

"DON’T LIE TO ME DOCTOR! I TRUSTED YOU! NOW YOU’RE SAYING THAT?!"

I tried to listen for more but the doctor was speaking too low. Suddenly the door opened. Youngjae stood there with a blank expression.

"Is there something wrong with me?" I asked. He slowly walked towards me without replying.

"Youngjae…" I called. "Why aren’t you answering me?"

"The doctors said this stomach ache is worse than the older ones," he said.

"Why? Does that mean something bad is going to happen?" I asked.

"He said there’s something in you," Youngjae continue. "You only have 7 months left."

"W-what?" my eyes got watery. "What are you talking about?"

"He also said it was growing and we can’t stop it," Youngjae added.

"Do I have some kind of disease?" I asked scared. "Am I going to die soon? Tell me!"

"Hyoin-ah~" he said softly and hugged me. I cried and hugged him back.

"What’s wrong with me? Please tell me~" I said between my cries.

"The doctor said…you’re…pregnant," he whispered.

 


-----iApple's Corner

updated! i know it's short~

this story is coming to an end soon~~ <3

anticipate the next and last chapter! LATER! :)