Chapter 16

Dancer for Life

“Okay…so I’ll meet you guys at Tiff’s house? And afterwards we’ll meet up with the guys at the beach?” asked Jessica, she was on the phone with Taeyeon and Soojin; they were all extremely excited for the big group gathering.

“Yep, well, we’ll see you there! Bye!”

“Bye!”

“Bye-Byyyyeee!!!”

------------------------------------------------

“Where are we meeting?!?!?!” asked Jaejoong, he too, was also on the phone with almost all the guys, “I wish I could just go now.”

“You could Jaejoong, and be a loner all by yourself!” laughed Junsu, “Well, so, where and what time??!? We should have planned this earlier…”

“So…um how about we meet up at my house?”

“Why, Siwon! Why didn’t we think of that earlier?!?!? Of course we’ll meet up at your lovely mansion!!!” said Jaejin, obviously jealous of Siwon’s beautiful house.

“Okay, so we got that set, when to meet then?” asked Donghae.

--------------------------------------------------

“Okay…okay…lovely pose! Now just turn to the side more…yes, shine! Shine like you are the brightest star! Remember! You are walking on a runway right now! You are debuting the hottest clothes by Burberry! Okay…okay…good…good...and stop! Remember…when you get to about a feet off the stage, stop, and pose. The critics need a good view of you, but not too close, or they may see a couple of flaws that were not intended to be seen! Okay, that’s enough…” as the director said that, cameras clicked and saved all the practice pictures of Seulgi.

“Well…okay then…” said Seulgi, practically ripping her hat out of her head, “It’s so hot in here…anyway, when do you think I’ll be able to debut on a runway?”

“Oh, didn’t I tell you? It’s the day you release the perfume ad, you know…when it launches out, we need a couple of live models to model it!”

“Oh, but isn’t it a perfume?! Why would you need to model perfume?”

“This is a professional company, and we work that way, now if you don’t mind, you need to practice your walking.” responded the director before she began walking away.

“But I’ve got a place I need to go!” shouted Seulgi after her, “I need to be some where! Now!”

“Well…look’s like you’ve got to cancel then,” replied the director, “Oh, and please, try to thin up your calves, they look horrible.”

----------------------------------------

“Hello? Seulgi?! Where are you?!?!” shouted Gyuri into her phone that was put on speaker, “We’re waiting for you!”

“Look, I’m so sorry-“

“It’s alright, no need to be sorry, everyone gets a little late sometimes, just meet us at the beach then, k?”

“No, I can’t come.”

Hm…not exactly the wisest thing to say after bailing out on everything else, right?

“What?!?!” shouted Taeyeon, “But you promised! You said you could!”

“Well…I thought I could, but something came up, and well, I really can’t make it, I’m so sorry…”

“What’s that freak said to you this time?” said YoonA, obviously pissed at the director for always scheduling Seulgi at the last minute.

“Don’t call her that! She’s my director! She may have said my calves were a bit rough, but she’s doing it for my own good! She’s helping me into a career path I want to go on in!”

“I thought your career path was ballet…” asked Hyoyeon.

“And how dare she say your calves are rough?! You’re as skinny as hell!” shouted Jessica.

“You guys just don’t understand! Oh my gawd, I have to go…”

----------------------------------------------

“Girls!! Over here!” shouted Donghae, “What took you guys so long?”

“Um…well, we were on the phone with Seulgi…” started Soojin.

“And she said she couldn’t come.” finished Tiffany.

“What?! But didn’t see say she’d come?” asked Jaejoong, then spiking a ball straight into Donghae’s head, who was staring off in space, “Did you hear that Donghae? Your girlfriend’s ditching you again!”

“Whoa…Jaejoong…what was that…?”

“Wasn’t me! It was him!” Jaejoong denied, pointing straight at Kangin.

“What? No…no…Donghae, would I ever do that to you?!”

“Whatever, anyway…Seulgi…not coming…what’s her excuse?” asked Donghae, giving the girls his full attention, “You know what? Let’s sit down; I need to know what she’s been doing.”

So…the group sat down, just like Donghae had ordered. Today was thisclose to being a perfect day, but maybe not…after Seulgi bailed out…again.

“Well…she called…and said she couldn’t come…because her director planned some last minute schedules for her…” started Jessica.

“And so she said she had to go, there’s really nothing that’s needed to be said, Seulgi loves her modeling contract more than us.” pouted YoonA.

“Oh, and she also said she wanted to continue in modeling…” said Tiffany.

“Wait…what?! Modeling? I though she was like, a top dancer!” exclaimed Kibum.

“Yeah…she was.” said Hyoyeon, “She’s really changed.”

“So she’s throwing away all her hard work to be a model?!” said Jaejin to no one in particular, then looked at Taeyeon, “Aren’t you her best friend? Talk some sense into her!”

When Taeyeon heard Jaejin mention her name, she blushed, “Well…I kinda tried, but I guess she chose to pose to cameras instead.”

They group talked for a long time, just about Seulgi…and before they knew it, the sky got dark. So was that a wasted day that could’ve been fun, or was it making progress? Well…Taeyeon and Jaejin certainly made some progress…they were staring at each other for almost the whole day. <!--Chapter end-->