Chapter 12

Dancer for Life

It was probably three in the morning and Seulgi could not stop tossing and turning in her bed.

Well how could she? In three more hours, the magazine stands would be opening and her magazine would be there for everyone to see. Seulgi continued to toss around, and finally, after an hour, she fell back fast asleep.

-----------------------------------

“One Pink Magazine please”

“Alright, here you go, three seventy-five please.”

It was only six thirty in the morning and the usual magazine stands were already filled. Seulgi glanced at each person and sure enough, most of them were all holding a copy of the newest Pink issue, and none of them seemed to notice that the front-page girl was staring right at them.

“Can I help you miss?” asked the cashier, noticing that Seulgi was just standing there, not doing anything, “Do you need help finding some-, wait, wow, are you her?” he asked, pointing to the magazine, “Oh My Gawd, you ARE!”

And right when he said that, all the heads turned around and whispers began. Seulgi continued standing there awkwardly until a girl, a brave seven year old, stood up and asked her for a signature.

“Hi Bae Seul Gi, can you sign this for me?”

‘Wow…people know my name too now…’ though Seulgi, “Uh huh…sure, do u have a pen?”

“Yes I do! Right here!” and she pulled out a pink fluffy pen.

“Okay, thanks! Oh, and your name?”

“Mi-yeon, Kim Miyeon” and Seulgi bent down to write her very first autograph ever:

Mi-yeon,

Its great to meet you

-Seulgi

And when she finished, capped her pen, and got up, she saw a huge line forming behind the little girl.

-------------------------------------------

“A little late for class today huh?” said Soojin, walking past her in the dance room.

“Yeah, sorry, its just that I got up really early and when I went to the magazine stand, a bunch of-“

“Yeah, yeah…no need to explain, we all know, everyone was talking about it, some said they saw you signing the magazines.” responded Gyuri, pulling up her leotard.

“Oh so you guys already know? Did you guys see that magazine yet?” asked Seulgi, cheerfully, obvious still oblivious to the fact that they were mad at her.

“Uh yeah! We SO did!” responded Tiffany sarcastically, “Yep, first in line to buy it!”

“Hey Seulgi!” shouted Taeyeon, “Come here!”

As Seulgi made her way to YoonA, Jessica, and Taeyeon, she finally noticed that Soojin and the rest were smirking at her. “What’s with everyone? Things are so different after I left!”

“Don’t worry, they’re just jealous, stupid right?” commented YoonA, painting her nails a beautiful shade of light pink.

“Haha, yeah,” agreed Jessica, flipping through her copy of Pink, “I really like your cover picture, who’s idea was the pose?”

There, on the cover, was a picture of Seulgi in a pink Chanel dress, sitting on a bench, her legs crossed at the ankles, her hands holding on to the seat of the bench, and her head looking right, as if it were waiting for the bus. “Um…I suggested nothing, I just do what they tell me to, haha, and it was most likely the camera man’s idea.”

“Well, I like it.” responded Taeyeon, flipping through her copy, “I totally love this page, ‘10 tips on how to stay as thin as a ballerina’”

“Oh…that page,” said Seulgi, “That page was added in at the last minute when we found out that we were short a topic. That page is totally made-up, I couldn’t think of ten reasons, so, I just made them up.”

“Q and A with Bae Seul Gi.” read YoonA, “This should be interesting!”

“Ohh…that…” mumbled Seulgi, she never knew how awkward it could be hearing someone read about you, in front of you.

“Q: How long have you been a ballerina?
A: Well…I’m eighteen now…so ill say about fifteen years.

Q: Who got you interested in ballet?
A: Well, I have to say my dad, because my dad had these tickets to the nutcracker that he got as a Christmas gift, and right after that, I was at home, in my bedroom trying to copy those exact moves. [chuckles]
Q: Who-
Wow…they asked you a lot of questions…and I’m out of breath and I can’t read all of them!” said YoonA, flopping down on the floor, then popping up again to drink water, then flopping back down again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“Donghae! Looks like you got a star for a girlfriend!” said Siwon, holding up the Pink Magazine up to his face, “look at this!”

“Uh-huh, envy me Siwon,” said Donghae, looking quite proud himself, then walked away to phone Seulgi.

“Hello? Seulgi?” said Donghae into his phone.

“DONGHAE! Did you see the me in the magazine?!”

“Yes, I did, no need to yell, it’s really good, i saw a lot of people buying it, and almost everyone in my class is holding it, asking me how it feels to have a ‘celebrity’ as a girlfriend.” said Donghae, doing air quotes, even though no one could see him.

“Well…how does it feel?”

“Uh…you know what? Do you want to get lunch afterwards?”

“Donghae! Tell me! How do you feel?”

“Seriously, do I need to answer that? You know I’ll still love you even if you weren’t featured on a magazine!”

-------------------------------------

The next day at school, Seulgi was early, she practically skipped to school, watching everyone taking a copy of Pink of the magazine racks. Each one she saw sell gave her an extra boost of happiness, so by now, she was REALLY happy.

“Seulgi, come here for a moment please,” said Mrs. Choi, “I need to speak to you.”

“Yes Mrs. Choi?”

“Seulgi, you know, a lot of magazine companies see a lot of potential in you when they read the month’s issue of Pink.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes, so, I received a lot of phone calls yesterday and this morning, asking if you were interested in receiving a free model training class.”

“Just a class?”

“To see if you have enough potential to actually be trained and to model for them.”

“Oh…which brands?”

“A lot, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, and Burberry, all the big names, and you know, you can only pick one. You want it?”

---------------------------------------------

GAH!!! I am so sorry for the late update!!! I am soooo sorry!!!!!!! <!--Chapter end-->

<input class="prev"></td> <input class="index"></td> <input class="contents"></td> <input class="next"></td>