Chapter 9

Dancer for Life

“Seulgi, excellent posture!” praised Mrs. Choi as she walked around with her meter stick, ready to slap people’s back if anyone slouched.

“Seulgi, it’s not fair, you are always getting praised by the teacher! I think you are her favorite!” gushed Gyuri as she tried to reach her toes while doing the splits.

“Alright class, try and hold those toes for another five minutes!”

“Argh…I can’t do this anymore!” said Soojin as she hugged her thighs, making sure the teacher wasn’t watching. “My thighs are killing me!”

“Park Soo Jin!” screamed Mrs. Choi from across the room, “get your leg back down and stay in that position for an extra five minutes! The rest of you may leave, and Seulgi, I need to speak to you.”

“What?! I seriously CANNOT stand another five minutes…FIVE? Is she kidding me? UGH!” whined Soojin as she stretched her leg back into a split, “This is going to be the longest five minutes in my life!”

“Haha, anyways, I gotta go talk to Mrs. Choi, if I don’t hurry, she may punish me too!”

“Oh my god, yes, get punished so we can do the splits together!”

“Haha, no, anyways, good luck with those thighs!” laughed Seulgi as she sauntered away to meet Mrs. Choi at her desk.

“Hello Seulgi,” greeted Mrs. Choi as she yanked off her stylish turquoise-rimmed glasses.

“Hi, so, what is it that you wanted me to talk about?”

“Oh, yes, I was just wondering, would you be interested in being featured in a magazine?”

“Oh! A magazine? Me?” gushed Seulgi, thinking that this must be a dream, “A magazine?!”

“Yes, you, Pink Magazine gave me a package today and asked me to have a ballerina ready for them by next week and I thought of you. After all, you do have the best posture in the class. They want to interview one, it is going to be this month’s special.”

“Oh my god, YES!” she screamed, then covered , “Yes, I mean, yes, I would like to do it.”

------------------------------------------------------------
“What was all that about?” asked Hyoyeon as she unwrapped her fat-free turkey sandwich, “You look awfully happy.”

“I know Seulgi,” agreed Jessica, “What is it? I bet Choi told you to be in like a photo shoot or something,”

“Nope, no she didn’t” said Seulgi shaking her head, obviously enjoying the attention, “But close, she asked me if I wanted to be featured in Pink Magazine!”

“WHAT?!” screamed Taeyeon, “PINK? Oh my gosh, you are seriously Choi’s favorite student, it’s totally not fair.”

“It is too fair! I’m the one that’s probably most committed to ballet in this whole table! I’m the one that stays late after class-“

“Yeah, yeah, staying after class to kiss the teacher’s more likely.” Said SooJin, “Seriously, she makes you shine like some special star while I was just there, having my poor leg being tortured!”

No one responded to Soojin’s comment because no one seemed interested in her, but people still agreed, Seulgi was the teacher’s favorite, and it sure was annoying.
-----------------------------

Later that night, Seulgi was busy online chatting with friends and another special someone.

Eastsea: u serious? Ur gonna be in pink?

BallerinaStarGirl: yes! Im so excited for tomoro! Im gonna go to the pink office to be interviewed, WOO!

Eastsea: w/e, anyways, wuts up, other than that of course

BallerStarGirl: nothing much, u know my lyf, extremely boring

Eastsea: LOL, u free after that?

BallerinaStarGirl: yeah…probably, it’s a Friday, duh! No catch-up work!

Eastsea: hahaha wanna go somewhere afterwards?

BallerinaStarGirl: sure…where?

Eastsea: iono, when duz ur interview end?

BallerinaStarGirl: well, it starts at 12:30, and its ends at three

Eastsea: So long?!

BallerinaStarGirl: I guess…

Eastsea: I’ll meet you there at four then, we’ll pick then.

BallerinaStarGirl: haha, ok,

The chat lasted for hours after that, and of course, they ended it with the cheesy ‘cyber-hug and kiss’.

---------------------------------------------

The next day at school without Seulgi was odd, for she wasn’t the kind to miss school, she loved ballet, ballet was her thing, just like how swimming is Park Taehwan’s, the extremely famous Korean swimmer.

“I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m actually liking class a lot more without Seulgi here.” Said Gyuri, perfecting her bun.

“Yeah. Same, whenever she’s here, Mrs. Choi is ALWAYS praising her, its like, ‘OMG! Can you just Shut up?’” said Soojin, agreeing with Gyuri.

“Guys, you know something? I know I shouldn’t be saying this, but I’m really annoyed with Seulgi, she’s always stealing the spotlight, and it seems like she’s always in control of everything!” added in Tiffany.

“Hey! Seriously everyone! Let’s not talk about Seulgi like this!” butted in Taeyeon, “She’s a great ballerina, and that’s why she got picked, we should be congratulating her, not this!”

“Yeah…sure, I already congratulated her yesterday at the lunch table…” murmured Hyoyeon as she walked out the changing room with almost everyone following her.

“Seulgi, I seriously hope you do well in that interview,” sighed Taeyeon, then left the changing room too.

----------------------------------

OMG!! I am so sorry readers! [If I still have any, that is, LOL] I know I’ve been such a bad person by not updating, it was because I had a writer’s block, but now, it’s over! That’s good because I’m really excited to write my idea now so I will be updating A HELL LOT FASTER!!!! HAHAHA Anyways, comments will greatly be appreciated! 