Chapter 7

Dancer for Life

"Everyone! This is the last rehearsal we will be having! And plus, this time, we will be rehearsing on the real stage!!! So Hurry!" screeched Mrs. Choi, ushering all the ballerinas to the stage from the audience seats, "Hurry!"

It's been three days since the beach day, and it was already Wednesday afternoon. Tonight was their performance, and of course, the film boys would be coming!

*Flashback [at the beach]*

"Oh my gosh, I totally forgot to ask you guys, do you guys wanna come to our show on Wednesday?" invited Jessica, bumping a volleyball.

"Uh...can we?" asked Jaejoong, "What time?"

"Seven PM"

"Uh..." stuttered Jaejoong, looking around at his friends, "Do we have time that day?"

Everyone gave Jaejoong a nod or a ,"yeah! let's go!" or "Sure..."

"Yeah...I guess we can make it...yeah!"

"Alright then! See you guys there!!"

*End of Flashback*

"Today, we will be practicing Swan Lake again with the daunsers at Mr. Jung's class, alright? They should be here anytime now...Bae Seulgi, get ready, you're the lead..." instructed Mrs. Choi, writing something on her clip-board, "The orchestra's coming too...they'll be playing at that little area over there...kind of like an orchestra pit."

"Get ready Odette!!!" joked Taeyeon as she kicked Seulgi off her chair, "Have fun with Prince Siegfried!"

"Oh shut up my Sovereign Princess," retorted Seulgi as she walked up the stage.

"We're HERE!!!" shouted a couple people, entering from the door. At first, everyone was confused, "Who would be here?" Then they remembered, "Ah...yes...the daunsers..."

"Wonderful!! Now...who is playing the prince again??" asked Mrs. Choi trying to refresh her memory. For it had only been a week when the daunsers and the ballerinas got together to rehearse, but she had already forgetten his name!

"I will be playing Prince Siegfried..." said a daunser, quite a handsome one, stepping up, "I am Lee Sungmin by the way."

"Lee Sungmin! Yes yes...of course it was you! Now...do you rememeber Seulgi? She's the lead."

"Of Course I remember her! We rehearsed this about four times already!" said Sungmin, giving Mrs. Choi an easy chuckle so she wouldn't feel bad about forgetting it.

------------------------------------

It was already six thirty and the school's auditorium was already packed! Everyone was dressed in their finest clothing sitting down getting ready to watch the performance. The front row seats were all taken up by the film students, for they were the very first to come, they came at five thirty, watching the ballerinas and daunsers rehearse and rehearse over and over again.

"Is it time yet?" whispered YoonA, peeking through the curtains, "Wow...there sure are a lot of audiences tonight!"

"Yeah there is...ohh!!! Look! There's Donghae!" said Seulgi, waving at him, "Look! He saw me!!!"

------------------------------------

"Hm...interesting play..." said Jaejoong, straightening his tie as he read the program, "Lots of Acts!"

"Wow! I want to see Seulgi play Odette!" said Donghae.

"Oh! Look! Taeyeon's a princess!" said Jaejin, then leaned in to whisper something into Donghae's ear, "You know...I bet Taeyeon's gonna look so cute in her princess outfit!"

"Hah...funny. Oh! Act I is starting!!! Ohh! Looks like a royal court!" whispered Donghae.

"Yeah..."

---------------------------------------

"Siegfried my dear, it is time for you to wed." said Jessica, playing the role as the queen, "You must announce a wife by your Birthday Ball!"

Angry that Siegfried could not marry for love...Sungmin (as Siegfried, LOL) escapes to the forest and sees a flock of swans

As the play continues, Seulgi comes out with an amazing dance routine which impresses the audience very much. People also enjoyed Taeyeon's role as the Sovereign Princess, for she had some solo dances too. But nothing could be compared to Kyuhyun's role as von Rothbart. He was a exceptional actor and daunser.

The performance ends with Prince and Odette's love over powering von Rothbart, leaving after the prince destroys one of his wings. Odette is restored to human form so her love and Siegfried's continue on happily ever after. When Donghae watched this part, he couldn't help, but feel a pang of jealousy inside him, he wanted to be in Sungmin's spot now...

----------------------------------------

"That was a great performance, I say we did extremely well didn't we? Seulgi?" asked Sungmin, changing from his costume to a fresh crisp tuxedo.

"You bet it was!" replied Seulgi, also changing from her costume to an evening gown, "I'm pretty sure everyone's out there saying how great we were!"

"Of course, especially how great you were!"

"Oh Sungmin! You are just too sweet!" exclaimed Seulgi, putting on some dangly diamond earrings, then tying her hair into a bun, "You were great too! You know...I never really see you at school, other than during the rehearsals..."

"Oh...yeah...that's because we're in a totally different building, you should come visit! And, we should totally do another performance like this one! You and I as the lead!"

"Of course! I think we better go out now...seems like everyone, but us, is already out there, and we're still in the changing rooms!"

"Care to go out with me?" asked Sungmin, offering Seulgi his elbow.

"You bet!"

------------------------------------

"Seulgi! What took you so long?!" shouted Jessica, rushing towards Seulgi, "Oh...hey...Mr. Siegfried!"

"Hello mother!" greeted Sungmin.

"Hahahaha very funny, anyways, what took you guys so long at the dressing rooms? Don't tell me something happened between you guys...?" said Jessica, extremely curious. And right when she said that, Donghae, who was behind her, pulled out a pen from his pocket and scrawled something onto the card that he was about to give Seulgi.

"No! Of course nothing happened between me and Sungmin! We were just have a good chat! I'm afraid I'll leave you here, you can go join your friends over there now! See you soon!"

"Yes...see you soon, Odette," said Sungmin, giving Seulgi a joking bow, then left.

"Seriously, Seulgi, you sure nothing's going on between the two of you?" asked Taeyeon, coming up to Jessica and Seulgi.

"For the millionth time! No!" laughed Seulgi.

"He seems quite keen on you...though..." replied Soojin, becoming extremely observant.

"Well I don't know...Oh hey! Hi Donghae!" greeted Seulgi as Donghae popped up right beside her, offering flowers.

"Here. Great job today..."

"Aww...that's so sweet of you...and wow...I just noticed...all of you guys," gesturing to the ballerinas, "All have a bouquet!"

"Uh...you just noticed?" asked Jessica, hugging her flowers, "Jaejoong gave these to me."

"Huh? Oh yeah...we all gave you guys one..." said Donghae, looking extremely bored, "Well...don't let me bother your talk! Great job again Seulgi!"

As Donghae left, Soojin immediately turned over and said something to Seulgi, "Hey, you know? Donghae likes you...for sure. I overheard him talking about you with Jaejin! He said you were hot in your costume, and did you guys see how tensed he looked when we were talking about Sungmin?"

"Soojin...just because he said I looked 'hot' doesn't mean he likes me..." said Seulgi slowly.

"But he does Seulgi! It's obvious! He even gave you flowers!" said Jessica.

"So...they all gave one to someone..."

"But he chose you!!! Seulgi!!!"

"Aw...come on guys! Anyways...I got to use the restroom, see you guys!" replied Seulgi, running as fast as her heels would let her to the nearest restroom.

-----------------------------------------

"Hm...I wonder what he wrote in this card..." said Seulgi picking out the tiny manilla colored card amongst the flowers after she was done washing her hands, "Seulgi...meet me at the back of the school at eleven. -Donghae"

"Oh gawd! It's already 10:57!" cried Seulgi as she bolted out the restroom door and ran to the back of the school, "Now what exactly does he want now?"

-------------------------------------------

so sry for the crappy update guys!!!