Chapter 10

Dancer for Life

“Hello, my name is Song Hye Kyo, and I will be interviewing you for Pink magazine,” said the petite woman, “Please follow me to my office.”

As Seulgi followed the woman to her office, she was extremely excited and nervous, all at the same time. How would she respond to the difficult questions? Will it just come naturally to her like all the magazines said? Recently, Seulgi’s been reading all the ‘How to overcome your fears’ book, and it always said that answers always just came naturally to you. Usually, the more nervous you are, the better you will do, or so the book said.

“Please take a seat, and would you like coffee or…?” asked the interviewer, sitting down.

“Um…water will be fine.”

“Alright…one decaf coffee with two raw sugars, two creamers, and one bottle of Arrowhead water.” Ordered the woman into the speaker phone, and then hung up. “Alright miss, so, I see you are the student picked by Mrs.Choi!”

“Uh, yeah! I am, and I am really proud to be!”

“Well, as you know, this month’s Pink Magazine will be featuring a ballerina, you, and we’re going to be talking about all the tips that a ballerina can give, such as how to stay so thin, how stand so tall, you know, just those stuff.”

“Oh, well, I see, but wouldn’t interviewing a model be just the same thing?” questioned Seulgi.

“Well, I see you’re someone who thinks a lot, well, I’ll tell you why we decided to have a ballerina, first-“

“Oh goodness, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean for you to explain EVERYTHING to me, after all, you are the boss, anyways, let’s continue with the interview then!” said Seulgi, giggling nervously, not wanting to upset the woman.

The two talked for a long time, Hyekyo would throw questions at Seulgi one after another, and Seulgi would answer them, sometimes asking herself exactly HOW she got those answers. When the interview was over, it was already two-thirty.

“My oh my! Time really does fly when you’re doing something fun! I really loved hearing all those tips you recommended, I’m sure the readers will love this issue! Anyways, we have thirty minutes left; I suppose we could head over to the Closet and pick a couple outfits for next week. Don’t forget to come at eight-o’clock sharp this coming Sunday!”

------------------------------------------------------

“Oh my lover, oh my you baby! Oh my lover, oh my you baby! Oh my lover, oh my you baby!” sang Tiffany, bobby her head up and down as Jessica came over to yank her earphones off. “Hey! What was that? You almost pulled my hoped earrings too!”

“Haha, sorry, anyways, Seulgi’s coming back on Monday from her interview, shouldn’t we throw like a surprise congratulations party or something?”

“Oh my gosh! We totally should!” butted in YoonA, “Like when she walks into the practice room tomorrow, we should all go like ‘CONGRATULATIONS!!’”

“That’s right! We’ll get things like salads, fruits, water, and uh…well, you know!” gushed Taeyeon, ticking the items off her hands.

“Um…a congratulations party? Are you guys out of your mind?! Seulgi does not deserve any of this! She does not deserve being featured in Pink!” said Tiffany, then stuffing the earphones back into her ears, “Now if you don’t mind, I’d like some peace and quiet with no ballet talk!”
--------------------------------

Later that night, Taeyeon, YoonA, and Jessica were confused. They didn’t understand why Soojin, Gyuri, Hyoyeon, and Tiffany were so against Seulgi. After all, Seulgi did deserve being featured in a magazine, so why? Why was there an obvious invisible line between them? It was obvious because they were usually in two groups now, one group trying to show Mrs. Choi that they were better than Seulgi, and the other group just doing as they always did. But it was invisible because they still sat together during lunch, shared lockers, and talked, well, a little less now.

When Taeyeon was sitting at her desk, scrawling a couple plans for the “surprise” party and texting YoonA and Jessica at the same time, a random Instant Message window opened.

Jaejin: hey taeyeon! Long time no c!

xXtOeShOeSXx: heyy, what’s up?

xXtOeShOeSXx: did u hear? Seulgi’s gonna be on pink!

Jaejin: oh yeah…donghae was bragging to me yesterday, about how great his gf was, lol

xXtOeShOeSXx: yeah…but so many people dislike her because of that too

Jaejin: u crious? who? ima crush them for her!

xXtOeShOeSXx: lol, that’ll be nice, everyone, i mean like, gyuri, tiffany, hyoyeon, and soojin. jess, yoona, and i are the only ones who support seulgi.

Jaejin: please! they r just jealousssss everyone know that seulgi’s an amazing dancer, we all saw her at the performance last time!

xXtOeShOeSXx: true…

xXtOeShOeSXx: this convo is going no where… :(

Jaejin: ok then…new subject! uh…hey look! it’s a saturday! whatcha doing tomoro?

xXtOeShOeSXx: nothing much…hang around the house i guess…

Jaejin: oh…wanna hang out with me?

xXtOeShOeSXx: … -.-“

Jaejin: wtf…wut kind of face is that?! i ask you a question and ur supposed to give me an answer i no! haha

xXtOeShOeSXx: lol hang out wit u and whoo? and do wut?

Jaejin: dunno….just me :)

xXtOeShOeSXx: u weirdo, but sure, cuz i have nothing else to do. haha, to where? and when?

Jaejin: tomoro, 1:00, ill pick u up at ur house

xXtOeShOeSXx: hahaa okay

Jaejin: is that a date?

xXtOeShOeSXx: u weirdo…but sure! :)

----------------------------------------------------

“I don’t want to go to school on Monday…” murmured Seulgi in Donghae’s care, driving back home.

“Aw…why?”

“I think a lot of my friends are mad at me…because they think I don’t deserve the spot in Pink, stupid right?”

“Seulgi, those stupid friends of yours are just jealous, but are you really serious? All your friends are mad at you?”

“No…but pretty much everyone, only Taeyeon, YoonA and Jessica are still moderately nice…”

“It’s alright; I know you’ll do well in the magazine! Just do well and show them how much better you are! Haha, I sound like such a cheesy boyfriend giving his girl a cheesy talk.” said Donghae, pulling up in front of Seulgi’s house.

“It’s okay…anyways, I’ll talk to you later…get online soon k? Anyways, got to go!” said Seulgi, then quickly pecked Donghae on the lips, then ran to her house, excited to tell her mom everything about the interview. <!--Chapter end-->

<input class="prev"></td> <input class="index"></td> <input class="contents"></td> <input class="next"></td>