Chapter 17

Dancer for Life

“Hello?”

“Hey, Seulgi, it’s Donghae, and hey! You finally picked up your phone!”

“Yeah…so, what do you want?”

“What? Is it wrong for me to want to talk to my girlfriend?”

“No…” said Seulgi, “I’m just a bit busy right now, I have to get ready, my new magazine will be out in a couple of hours, and I got to be there.”

“Oh, well, where is it going to be?”

“At the Hyatt Hotel…”

“What time?”

“Um…three.”

“Well, I’ll see you there then!”

---------------------------------------------------

“Seulgi! Put on this dress!” shouted the dresser, holding up a black, strapless, poofy bubble dress. “We have to get you in makeup soon!”

“Alright…” said Seulgi, grabbing the dress of the hanger, “I’ll be quick.”

-----------------------------------------------------

“Okay, guess what guys? I FINALLY FOUND A WAY TO MEET SEULGI!” shouted Donghae, extremely excited, I’m gonna see her perform her little model thingy, then it’ll probably pretty late, so I’ll take her dinner, then I’ll talk to her then.”

“Sounds like it was well thought,” laughed Siwon, “I guess you and your girlfriend my end up well.”

“Yep,” said Donghae, “Now we just need to concentrate on you Jaejin, tell me, you like Taeyeon right?”

“What?!?! Who said that?!” asked Jaejin, trying to also adjust his camera angle, “I don’t like anyone.”

“Jaejin, it’s pretty obvious you like her, and she likes you too!” said Junsu, dropping his pencil and paying full attention to the conversation, “You guys were staring at each other the whole time the other day…when we were at the beach!”

“Oh yeah…the beach…I wish Spring Break never ended…” said Jaejin.

“Don’t try and change the subject! C’mon! We’re like your best friends! Plus, we can help you get with her!” said Jaejoong.

“Aigoo…fine, maybe I do like her…just this teensy weensy bit, okay?”

----------------------------------------------

It was two-thirty and almost everyone already arrived at Auditorium C at the Hyatt Hotel. Seulgi was behind the stage with everyone doing her make-up, brushing her hair, and giving her last minute tips on how to walk and pose better.

“Remember, just walk out there with the bottle and walk back. Then, when I begin introducing the new line, come out and hold each bottle. If someone requests for a sample, take the strip of paper, spray some on, hand it to them, and say ‘Hope you like it’, or some form of that. When there is nothing for you to do, stand on the side and do nothing. When the guests take their leave, stand outside, hand them their gift bags, and thank them for coming. If you mess up any of it, it may give this company a bad name and you will be fired. Understand?”

“Yes Director.”

“Good, now hurry up and get ready! we only have a few minutes and I need to get out there!”

-----------------------------------------

“It’s already three o’ five and no ones out yet…” thought Donghae, he was waiting anxiously on one of the seats, and he wanted to see Seulgi after like…a month. He really couldn’t wait.

“Welcome everyone! Today we are all gathered here to sample Burberry’s newest line of men fragrances!” shouted the head of the South Korea’s division of Burberry.

“Wait a minute…Seulgi is modeling for men perfume?!” thought Donghae, and just them, a helper just handed him the new magazine, on it was Seulgi posing seductively with a guy, as if trying to get whiff of his neck.

“You probably all just got your new magazines,” said the head, “That bottle in the cover is our highest recommended one starting at $178 per bottle!” and right on cue, Seulgi came walking out with the bottle, holding it for everyone to see.

“This is so wrong…” thought Donghae, “This is what she’s been doing the whole time? Modeling for some perfume ad?!”

---------------------------------------------------

“Oh…my…gawd!!! Seulgi looks sooo different! And the guy she’s modeling with is so hot!” shouted YoonA, holding the newest magazine she just bought, “She looks more…mature.”

“You bet, but what do you think Donghae will say when he sees this?” asked Jessica, “He might be mad…especially since he hasn’t even seen Seulgi for almost over a month.”

“Nah…I’m sure he’ll understand, Donghae’s a smart guy, he won’t break up with her over something so small. Everyone relationship has to some what bumpy, if its too smooth, then it’ll be weird,” said Tiffany, acting as if she was some expert.

----------------------------------------------------

“Hey Siwon!”

“Yo Jaejin! Why are you calling all of a sudden?”

“I don’t know…I just feel really worried for Donghae, did you see the new magazine Seulgi shot?”

“Mm…not yet, but it doesn’t sound so good the way your saying it.”

“It isn’t…you got to see it, I’m really scared Donghae might get really pissed.”

----------------------------------------------------

It was very late and Seulgi was handing out the last gift bag to the last customer when Donghae came over to talk to her.

“Seulgi, what is this?” he asked, holding up the front cover.

“Me, duh! I’m posing!”

“Yeah…and you didn’t tell me about this?”

“Well…I was busy, I seriously meant to tell you. And don’t tell me you are upset over something so small! All models have to do something like that!”

“Hm…you’re right, I shouldn’t get upset over something so small…” said Donghae, “You hungry? Let’s go get something to eat!”

“Sure, but wait for me k? I gotta change out of this!”

---------------------------------------------------

“So, how’ve you been?” asked Donghae, “I missed you a lot.”

“Aww…me too! Well, you know…I’ve been extremely busy, I didn’t mean to ignore you!” said Seulgi, and just as she said that, she heard someone calling her name.

“Seulgi!”

“Hm…Oh! Hey!”

“What are you doing here?” asked the guy, “And you are?”

“I’m here eating dinner with my boyfriend!”

“Oh, that’s right, Hi. I’m Leeteuk, the person that modeled with Seulgi for her ad! She’s such a good model, she has a lot of potential.”

“Hi. I’m Donghae.” said Donghae.

Donghae’s P.O.V

This guy seems pretty cool, I knew I saw him somewhere, he was the guy in the front page with Seulgi.

End of POV

“Well, I’ll leave you two alone then, bye!” said Leeteuk, then walked away.

“Gawd! Leeteuk is so hot!” said Seulgi, right when he left, “I was soooo happy when I found out that I was working with him!”

“Hm…is he hotter than me?” joked Donghae.

“Maybe just a teensy weensy bit!”

“Excuse me?!”

“Sheesh Donghae, don’t be so arrogant, you may be the hottest in your school but there are tons that are hotter than you outside of school! Accept the fact!”

“What are you talking about?! You think that dude is hotter than me?!”

“In many ways, yes.”

“Don’t tell me you mean it.”

“I do.” smiled Seulgi, innocently, “But don’t worry, I still love you.”

“Look Seulgi, I know its odd for me to say this all of a sudden, but really, you’ve changed a lot.”

“Have I?”

“I don’t know…I just don’t think…maybe we need a break!”

“My goodness! Donghae! Don’t tell me you’re upset over something so small!” exclaimed Seulgi, “I was just kidding!”

“Well, it’s not that, that I’m upset about, it’s everything else! We barely see each other, and I feel like you’re not the same girl that I thought I loved.”

“Well, maybe you should change and not stay in that small world you live in!”

“Me?! Change?! Look at yourself! You barely show up to class, your ditching all your friends, you aren’t even really a dancer anymore, and you tell me to change?! Are you kidding me?!”

“Well, maybe you’re just too conceited!”

“How?”

“Like, you think I should change for you, because you think the way you are is perfect, well maybe you aren’t! Maybe change is good!”

“Well then I guess you also need a change of boyfriends then.” and with that, Donghae stormed out the restaurant.

----------------------------------------------

“Wow…what’s gotten over me?” thought Donghae, “I didn’t mean to break up with her! Well…I just hope I did the right thing, maybe we both need some time apart.”