Near Us

Ljoe, You Thief!

"Eunji ah, Eunji." Ljoe nudged you, trying to wake you up. You rubbed your puffy eyes tiredly as you sat up. Ljoe eyed you as you combed your fingers through your long messy hair.

"Eunji ah, everyone's really concerned. What was with your reaction when you heard that kidnapper say I love you? How on earth does he know you? No wait, I'm not surprised if he searched up on you but why did you react so badly towards that?" Ljoe probed as you avoided his eye contact.

Man, this was hard.

"Oppa.. Do you remember at Jeju when we were at a park and I told you some parts of my story? And when I told you my first love died there because of me and I didn't get the chance to complete my story?" Your hands shook as you reminisced the old memories.

Ljoe squeezd your hands in a comforting manner, urgjng you to continue. You bit your lips and started hesistantly, "Choi Si Yeon. That was his name. 6 years ago as I was sitting on that particular swing, Si Yeon called me..."

"My baby baby baby~" Si Yeon used all his aegyo through the phone making you laugh at how shameless his actions were.

"Neh? My dearest Si Yeon?" You replied with the same tone Si Yeon used on you. Si Yeon chuckled as he replied in his usual low voice, "I was going to ask where you were but I think I can guess."

You looked around and laughed heartily, "I see your bright orange bag oppa." Si Yeon pouted as he straightened up from behind a dustbin and you couldn't help but notice how he towered you. He was 15 that year.

Si Yeon threw a sandwich your way without a warning as you barely caught it. You raised your eyebrows questioningly.

"For my skinny baby." Si Yeon winked as he planted a kiss on your forehead. You raised your arms as you stopped him from going further towards your lips. "First kiss only when I'm 15 and above." You stated and he frowned.

The minute he was about to rebuke, his phone rang. Si Yeon pouted as he flipped open his phone, "Omma? What's wrong? I'm with Jung In hyung." Si Yeon often lied blatantly whenever his mom called. I mean he couldn't possibly be exposing his sweet relationship to his mom at the first few stages, right?

Si Yeon turned it to loud speaker as he continued the conversation so you could hear what his mom was going to say. Si Yeon's mother laughed, "With Jung In hyung? Tell him to come over then! Hae Min is attempting to cook some herbal soup for you!!!"

Si Yeon made a face and frowned, "Why is she at our house again? She always messes things up!" You nudged his arm for being rude to his mother and he made another face. "Go." You whispered and he mouthed, "Must I?"

You rolled your eyed and nodded, "Go!"

Si Yeon growled before telling his mom that he would be there in a moment, in the mean time calling Jung In to go over to his house with him.

"And he left us that day. He wanted to quickly run back to me after drinking that herbal soup and he got into a car accident because of that. It's all my fault." You bit your lips as you nervously played with your fingers.

Ljoe kept quiet for a moment before probing, "So he's alive and he's jealous of me so he kidnapped my sister?"

You held your legs close to your chin and sighed, "It seems that way." Ljoe shoe his head in disbelief and replied, "Didn't you see his body after the accident?"

You hid your face and made a muffled sound, "No.. I couldn't, I felt so guilty to. But I did hear that his face was unrecognizable as he was in a severe car accident that crushed both side of his body so his body wasn't even in one piece.." Your fingers shock and tears welled up as you remembered how much you been through, feeling guilty of his death.

"So there could be a possibility that the person talking just now was him."

You nodded, "It's been years since I last heard his voice but it seems like it. There's this nostalgic feeling as he said those words. Like it was exactly like how he would say in the past."

Ljoe ruffled your hair and smiled, "You should've just told me earlier so that I could support you mentally. You're not alone dear, we're in this together, alright?" You made a meek smile before whipping away tears that fell down your face.

"After you fainted, the line got cut off so we couldn't figure out the exact location from where he was calling in time. But we have a rough gage and it's around.." Ljoe hesitated but continued, "Around us."

[ Short and sweet! Please do comment on ways that I can improve so that my fanfics could get better and better!! ]