Telling the truth

Ljoe, You Thief!

You wore a purple evening gown that touched the floor, literally cleaning your floor as you walked. You carefully placed a silver mask that shined under the light over your face, covering your eyes and half of your face. You checked your curls and your makeup, and smiled in satisfaction at your artwork. You reached a black shiny pouch laying on your bed and looked into the full length mirror once more.

You had to look good or else you would be disgracing the family name.

You were busy writing up your essay when your phone started ringing.

'Overseas'

You quickly picked up and as expected, it was your mom who called. "Eunji ah! I need you to dress up this Saturday evening. There would be a dinner organized by the Lees and we are invited to go. It would be held in Korea so we would be coming back just in time for the dinner. You can make it, right? The Lees are expecting you."

You frowned, "The same Lees that asked me to hand Ljoe over?" Your mother eagerly nodded and smiled, "They were really pleased with your actions."

You sighed, "Omma, there's something that has been bothering me since that day. Why did they want Ljoe?" Your mother shrugged and by the background, you could hear people talking to her. "Eunji ah, omma's really busy right now. But don't worry too much. That's not our problem. Right now, you just gotta get a beautiful evening gown for that dinner. I transferred sufficient money for your night gown so just go get it. Love you sweetie."

You wanted to probe further but the line got cut off before you could do so.

You were about to walk towards the front door when you spotted Ljoe's simple room. You went in and touched his mattress. Ever since that day when he was taken away, he never came back, not even to take his belongings. Sometimes you even wondered if something dreadful happened to him.

You quickly shook off that idea and chuckled at your ridiculous thoughts.  *Yeah if he got kidnapped and thrown off the roof, it might be a good thing.* You thought jokingly. You were about to leave when your waist hit the side of his table and a brown colored notebook fell off.

*So he keeps a notebook. Interesting.* You were about to read through the contents when your phone started ringing.

"Annyeonghasayeo?" you greeted while placing the notebook back to where it was. Your mother sounded annoyed by the fact that you were still at home so you quickly left the house.

 

The dinner was held at a ballroom that only VIPs were allowed to book and you sighed at the thought of how they wasted their money on this. To be honest, the amount your mother gave you to get an evening gown was too much. You thought you must as well save the money so you just bought this gown at a second-hand shop.

*Well, it looks presentable.*

Also, everyone was asked to wear a mask which you found it utterly ridiculous.

"Sweetie!" your mom called as she quickly pulled you into a hug. Your mom was wearing a bright pink mask. Of course, it was your mom, the fashion terrorist. "I missed you." She added and you faked a smile. You knew she obviously didn't mean what she said because if she really did miss you, she would have visited you more often or at the very least call you for personal reasons and not because she wanted you to do something.

"My my, sweetie. Look at how beautiful you are! Did you go to a salon this morning? I have a feeling you did because you look so much better than the rest of the girls over here!" Your mother complimented. You bit back a laugh and nodded because you knew if you said that you did it yourself, your mom would start lecturing you on the spot.

"Omma, where's appa?" you asked and she pointed to your father who wore a dark blue mask in the center of the ballroom, busy socializing with people.

"I see... Erm omma, why am I asked to come at the first place? This seems like a business thing." You stated as you looked around, only to find yourself surrounded with people in their mid 40's or 50's.

"No-uh. There are people I want you to meet. It's time for you to start dating, you know." Your mother laughed as she linked your arms with hers and walked towards a really really familiar person that was just standing by the buffet, stuffing himself with food.

"Ricky, this is my daughter, Eunji." your mom said so as to stop Ricky from eating on. Your eyes widened as you gaped at the person who she just called Ricky. "RICKY RICKY?!" you exclaimed and people stared at you. Your mom glared at you, "Young lady, keep your volume down. Where's your feminine side?" You bowed and apologized.

"Eun Ji?" Ricky made a muffled call and you turned your attention to him.

"I guess I'll leave you with him." your mom smiled as she walked off. You stared at Ricky in shock. "Ricky ah, why are you here?!" Ricky quickly swallowed his food and replied, "I'm the son of Mr Yoo. The Yoo Industry. You?"

Your jaw dropped in shock as you stated, "My mom... That woman..." You stammered and he laughed, "Oh so I see, this is why you betrayed Ljoe."

"Huh?" You tilted your head in confusion and he stopped laughing, "Eh? Why do you look confused? Weren't you the one who send him to his grandmother?"

"Yeah but I was asked to do so. And I felt really guilty so I tried calling you guys but you all didn't answer your phone!" You crossed your arms and looked at Ricky with a crossed expression. Ricky smiled, guilt showing all over his face.

"Ah! It's this hyung's idea!" Ricky quickly yanked someone over. And by his blonde hair, you knew who it was even though he was wearing a brown mask.

"Chunji oppa?" you smiled but Chunji didn't return the smile. "Why are you here?" Chunji questioned, his voice harsh and demanding.

Ricky gulped and immediately left you alone with Chunji.

"My parents said I was invited." you replied and Chunji's eyes turned into slits. "Ah, the Hwangs. The annoying Hwangs that up to people."

Anger fumed within you as you glared at Chunji that just insulted your family before you. "We don't up to people. Chunji shi, mind your words." You tried to calm down but it didn't work when Chunji snickered, "I wonder who betrayed Ljoe."

You gritted your teeth, "I didn't have a choice!" Everyone started staring at the scene before them and Chunji quickly pulled you out of the crowd.

"What are you staring at?" Junhyung shouted and everyone stared at him. He quickly ran after Chunji. The rest noticed what had happened and followed Chunji. Ljoe blinked as he watched them run after Chunji. *Great, just bring her out of here. Seeing her here pains me.*

 

"And you were saying, you didn't have a choice? You teamed up with his grandma! You obviously knew who he was! You obviously knew that he hated going back so much and you forced him to!" Chunji stated and you burned at his words.

"PLEASE JUST SHUT UP! I TOLD YOU I DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE! MY PARENTS MADE ME!" You exasperated and Chunji still continued to stare at you with dagger eyes.

"Noona, what do you mean?" Changjo asked and you explained, " How would you feel when your appa who hardly calls you and moreover, begs you for the first time to do him a favor. How would I know that Ljoe was someone so important that could threaten my parent's company! How would I know that I know that I would miss him! How would I know that..." You sat down on the floor as you mumbled, "I would fall in love with him..."

 

 

 

 

[ Yeah if it's too sudden, I'm sorry!! I want them to hurry up and date so that I can write more mushy stuff>< I hate writing things that they are still awkward etc... So yeah, drop a comment:D So we know that Teen Top + Junhyung are rich people, so what about Ljoe?;)]