Playground With Painful Memories

Ljoe, You Thief!

"We're at Jeju?" you asked and he nodded, his hands in his pockets. "If you told me that you were getting married to me, I would've booked the flight to England or something. It's only yours to blame."

You puffed out your cheeks and muttered, "There he goes again, bringing up the incident."

Ljoe frowned, "Hey but Jeju is a beautiful place..." You held out your palm and sulked, "Don't try." Honeymoon is basically a once in a lifetime thing and here you are, at Jeju. Not that it actually matters but you just felt like acting all whiney, getting Ljoe to comfort you. When you're in love, you sure do things you would never expect.

Especially acting all spoilt.

"Aigoo, don't be like that. I'll buy you Starbucks later." Ljoe tried and you shook your head, walking away. *What can I expect from Ljoe's attempts to comfort someone?

"Yah Eunji ahhhh~"

---

"Just when I thought you wanted to properly enjoy your honeymoon." Ljoe crossed his arms as he eyed you. "This is how I would want to enjoy my honeymoon in Jeju." You sat on the swing and beamed.

"But no one goes to a playground during their honeymoon! We're newlyweds, we should be having romantic candlelight dinners, taking a walk by the beach and enjoying the sunset-..." Ljoe yapped on but you kept your eyes on the old swings. Just like how Ljoe never told you about his childhood, you never told him about yours.

This place was a place filled with memories. Oh, could it be the beautiful happy memories of a child playing at the playground everyday after school? It wasn't. Jeju was your hometown, something you never told Ljoe before.

Your parent's marriage was never approved by your grandparents and they simply ran away from their own huge mansion, all the way to a small apartment near the sea. Secretly, the got married. They spent their hard times at Jeju and the most interesting happened. Your mom actually got her contractions at this particular playground.

They couldn't afford to go to a hospital as the risk of you being taken away the minute you were born was really high. Without choice, your mom had to give birth to you right where you and Ljoe was standing at.

You smiled as you remembered your mother telling you all these stories with every little bit of time she had with you before going to meetings.

Your childhood belonged to this playground, that's for sure but there's just one thing at this playground that was filled with painful memories. Your first love.

Oh yes, 6 years ago, right here, you met him. You couldn't remember his name though, and his face was just a blurry image. He was any ordinary middle school kid but he was somewhat different from others. You knew, from his eyes that he had experienced much more pain than you could imagine.

"Yah Eunji ah, were you listening to me?" Ljoe frowned and you gave a meek smile. "Oppa, Jeju is actually my hometown." You confessed and Ljoe gasped, "You mean this was where you played when you were little?"

You shook your head. "My mom gave birth to me here. It's complicated."

Ljoe was so shocked that he couldn't even say a thing. You shyly looked away, "And I wanted to come back here the day I got married." Ljoe frowned, confused at your words, "So you just missed this place? But why todayyyyy? It's our special first day together after we got married!"

You sighed, biting back the tears that were threatening to fall, "My first love died here. Because of me."

 

[ Okay so you guys must be thinking, "What has her first love got to do with this entire story?" Just wait on, because something is coming up:D And oh  dear, Junhyung... That poor boy.]