No More Running

It Could Never Be Too Late

 

Youngbae's POV
-Park's Residence (Driveway)-
 
 
I kept my head low, and I continued to stare at my shoes. I didn't bother speaking because much to my dismay, I couldn't find the words. For a while, it was quiet, but Dara's hands weren't intertwined with Jiyong's. Instead, she hid her hand behind her back.
 
 
Pain breached through my whole heart, but I knew that I couldn't break down here, not in front of them. I, somehow, forced myself to look back up.
 
 
'All I need to do is find appa.' I told myself.
 
 
I didn't dare take another glance at them as I gradually walked past them, trying my best to ignore their presence.
 
 
---
 
 
I entered the mansion and searched for appa. After not finding him in his room, I headed back downstairs. I slowed down as I saw Dara at the bottom of the steps.
 
 
She kept her eyes on me, but I didn't stop walking. I continued to ignore her. Before I could get any farther, she loosely grabbed my arm.
 
 
"Youngbae..."
 
 
My body froze hearing her speak. I didn't answer. I just pulled my arm out of her grip and continued walking.
 
 
"Please... Can we talk?" She pleaded.
 
 
I turned around to face her. Frustration filled my mind, and I wasn't in the mood to talk.
 
 
"Where's appa?" I asked in a cold tone.
 
 
She was taken aback by my sudden outburst.
 
 
All I could do was look at her, impatiently waiting for an answer. My eyes were fixed on her, but they soon landed on the ring on her finger.
 
 
She followed my gaze. Realizing that I was staring at her ring, she quickly placed her other hand over it.
 
 
"Look, if you're not going to talk, I might as well just go." I said coldly.
 
 
Without even waiting for a response, I turned around and began walking.
 
 
"Please let me explain." She pleaded once more.
 
 
I looked over my shoulder.
 
 
"You don't need to explain, Dara. By the looks of things, I can tell that you've moved on quite well without me." 
 
 
I could sense that she was looking at me with despair.
 
 
"Honestly, Bae, I thought I never would. I've missed you every single day."
 
 
I slowly made my way towards her, not even realizing that as soon as I was in front of her, I hugged her. My heart stiffened up as she hugged me even tighter. Then, I heard her sniff. When, I pulled away form the hug, I noticed that tears flowed down her cheeks. I wiped them away with my thumb, and I kept my eyes on hers. Before I could open my mouth to speak, someone approached us behind me.
 
 
"Dara, are you okay?" The voice asked in a worried tone.
 
 
I closed my eyes and tightened my jaw.
 
 
'Damn it, Jiyong.' 
 
 
I opened my eyes and released Dara's hand.
 
 
"Goodbye, Dara." I said endearingly.
 
 
My heart sank saying those words. I could recall telling her that we would never say it each other, but at this point, it was clear that it didn't matter.
 
 
I angrily stormed past Jiyong and exited the house. I didn't dare look back because I knew that all that's going to happen is me getting even more heartbroken seeing her in his arms. I made my way towards my car, but prior to entering, I held onto the car's handle and gripped my other hand into a fist. Indignantly, I punched the car window, and the  laid my hands flat on the car, leaning against it. I couldn't hold it in any longer. Soon enough, I started to break down. Chaerin was inside, and I knew that I must've startled her because she hurriedly got out of the passenger's side and went to accompany me. I leaned my back against the vehicle, and I slowly slid down as I continued to break down. Hoping to ease up the situation, Chaerin sat down beside me and took my hands while resting her head on my shoulder.
 
 
"Youngbae, what happened?" She asked full of concern.
 
 
I stared blankly ahead of me, trying to process the question. I sighed heavily, then rested my head on top of hers.
 
 
"She... was wearing an engagement ring." I mumbled out.
 
 
She frowned.
 
 
"O-oppa, are you sure?" She asked curiously. "What if you misinterpreted it? Lots of girls wear rings for accessories."
 
 
I shook my head.
 
 
"I want to believe that, but when I saw her hand intertwined with his, I had no other way of seeing it." I said as my voice trembled.
 
 
She didn't reply. She just comforted me, and proceeded to say quiet.
 
 
"Let's go, Chae." I managed to say. "I wanna get out of here."
 
 
Chaerin offered to drive to which I coincided to since I was in no condition to take the wheel.
 
 
---
 
 
The whole ride was silent, but I knew that Chaerin was itching to say something. I couldn't help noticing that she glanced over at me every few seconds.
 
 
"What is it?" I asked.
 
 
She sighed and kept her eyes on the road.
 
 
"It's just... I was wondering... Are you going to just walk out on the situation again, oppa?" She asked with slight hesitation.
 
 
Avoiding eye contact with her, I detained my attention on the side window.
 
 
"I can't do anything now." 
 
 
She shook her head in calamity.
 
 
"There you go again, Bae." She started. "You need to stop walking away." She complained.
 
 
"You don't think I want to fight for her? You don't think I want to go after her?" I blurted out. "If it was that easy, I would have done it three years ago. You have no idea how much it hurts to see the one you love the most be in someone else's arms."
 
 
"Maybe I don't." She argued. "But one thing's for sure, I will continue to fight for that person until the very end."
 
 
I slowly exchanged glances with her.
 
 

"Fight until the end, Youngbae. Make sure you have no regrets in the end." She stated. "You don't need to leave anymore. You're here now, so you might as well make the most out of it." She said sympathetically.

 


Hey guys! I hope you all liked my update. ^^

Please do comment what you think, and don't forget to subscribe if you haven't done so already!!