Torn

It Could Never Be Too Late

 

 
No One's POV
-Park-
 
 
"Dara, please don't leave." Youngbae's voice squeaked as he called after her.
 
 
"Please don't make it any harder than it already is, Bae." She tried hard to swallow the lump she had in . "I really have to go." She ran as fast as she could and soon enough, she disappeared.
 
 
The cool breeze had brushed up against him as he diverted his attention to the sky. He found it hard to believe that she would leave him like that. It just didn't make sense. Never being so lost before, he felt vulnerable. Her words kept replaying in his mind, nonstop, and it had broke his heart to remember what she had said.
 
 
'How could you say I'm not important to you anymore?' He thought. 'We have been through everything together, but why does it feel like I'm the only one who cares?'
 
 
Questions seemed to be lingering in his mind, as well as frustration and anger. He couldn't help blaming Jiyong for what had happened. He had taken what was his, the most important person in his life, but his heart and mind knew that he wasn't going to give up that easily. He going to fight for his love. Even if Dara had already given up on him, he vowed not to give up on her.
 
 
---
 
 
A few days later, Youngbae had been informed by his appa that Dara and Jiyong are going to have their engagement party the following day.
 
 
'I'm running out of time.' He told himself. 
 
 
'I just hope you'll open your eyes, Dara, to see that I'm the one you should be with.'
 
 
---
 
 
-Engagement Party (The Next Day)-
*Evening Event*
 
Many of Dara's friends and family, as well as Jiyong's, had attended the party. Almost every table in the classy building was occupied, while the couple and their families were sitting at the largest table, located at the front center of the building. The chandelier was bright and luminous, and it had shone throughout the entire room. Everyone seemed so happy, and they all congratulated the bride-to-be. 
 
 
Youngbae had finally arrived, wearing a traditional black and white suit, which made him look so out of the ordinary, considering the fact that he very rarely wears tuxedos. He had arrived with Chaerin, who was wearing a stunning, bedazzled black dress. The pair totally corresponded and both looked breath-taking.
 
 
They casually entered the building, only to be greeted by Dara and Jiyong. As soon as Dara caught a glimpse of Youngbae, she felt a slight chill running down her spine. Jiyong, on the other hand, was calm and kept a smile on his face as they got closer.
 
 
"Long time no see, Bae." He said as extended his arm to shake his hand.
 
 
Youngbae smirked at his comment and shook his hand. When he released Jiyong's hand, he turned to Dara.
 
 
"Hi, Dara." 
 
 
She looked at him but didn't say anything. Instead, she greeted him with a weak smile.
 
 
Trying not to look disappointed, he turned to Chaerin and introduced her to the two.
 
 
"This is-," He started.
 
 
 
"Hi, I'm Chaerin." She cuts in and extends her hand to shake Jiyong's and Dara's hands. She managed fake a smile towards them.
 
 
"Jiyong," he said as he shook her hand, "Kwon Jiyong. It's nice to meet you." 
 
 
"It's nice to meet you, Chaerin." Dara forcefully smiled at her.
 
 
Tension immediately rose in the air. They could all feel it, but neither one of them said a word. Before it could get any worse, they went their separate ways. 
 
 
Hesitantly, Dara looks over at Youngbae as he walked towards the opposite direction. A flashback of what happened a few days ago played in her mind. It had made her feel guilty of what she said. 
 
 
"Dara, are you okay?" Jiyong asked, gently taking her hand.
 
 
There was silence. She was still lost in her thoughts, and after a while, Jiyong called for her attention, again.
 
 
"Dara, are you alright? We need to get back to the guests."
 
 
"Huh? Uh, yeah, I'm fine." She took one last glance at Youngbae and nodded at Jiyong. "C'mon."
 
 
---
 
"Oppa, I don't understand why we're here. I thought you told me that you hated that Jiyong guy." She complained as her and Youngbae settled at their designated table.
 
 
He sighed while pulling out Chaerin's chair for her and offering her the seat.
 
 
She thanked him, and once she sat down, Youngbae sat on the chair adjacent to her.
 
 
"I'm not giving up on her."
 
 
"I'm glad you're taking my advice," Chaerin started, then sighed, "but the last thing I wanna see is you getting hurt again. I hope you know that." She explained.
 
 
Youngbae grabbed her hands and looked at her genuinely.
 
 
"Thanks for the concern, dongsaeng."
 
 
---
 
 
The sound of an eating utensil clanked against a glass of champaign, earning everyone's attention.
 
 
"Good evening, everybody." Jiyong said, lowering his glass down to his waist as he spoke. Dara stood beside him on the stage up front. 
 
 
"First off, I just wanna thank you guys for attending. It means a lot to me to have all our closest friends and families come together for a very special event. As you all know, Dara and I are getting married in less than a week, on the twenty-first. I hope you all could be there." He then raised his glass. "For now, lets enjoy the party! Cheers!" He exclaimed.
 
 
Everyone followed his action and took a sip of their champaign.
 
 
Unexpectedly, someone had yelled the words,"Kiss, kiss, kiss!"
 
 
Jiyong flashed a smile at the crowd. He nodded, then cocked his head towards Dara. He leaned in closer to her, and carefully placed his hands on her cheeks. Dara ultimately remembers that Youngbae was there watching the two of them, troubling her. Instead of anticipating a sweet, long kiss, Jiyong only got a small peck on the lips. Disappointingly, he took a step back. Although bewildered, he was able to maintain a smile on his face. 
 
 
As they got off the stage, Jiyong couldn't help wondering why Dara was acting strangely. 
 
 
"Dara, are you alright?"
 
 
"Uh, w-why wouldn't I be?" She stuttered as they continued to head back to their table.
 
 
"It's just... Never mind." He sighed.
 
 
He tried his best to ignore the fact that Dara was being distant towards him, but it bothered him. He decided to put it aside for now and just carried on with the party, chatting with many of his friends and having a few drinks with them.
 
 
---
 
 
Youngbae set his eyes on Dara and Jiyong as they stood on the stage. He slightly tilted his head as Jiyong spoke. Watching them up on stage, announcing their upcoming wedding and kissing, killed him inside. Somehow, he knew that tonight, he had to do something. His conversation with Dara wasn't finished, and he intended on finishing it. He waited until they got off the stage to talk to her, but he then had lost sight of her. He searched around the building, until he found her. She was near the bar, chatting with one of her friends.Youngbae wrinkled his forehead. He then walked over to her, and grabbed her wrist.
 
 
"C'mon." He said, dragging her behind him.
 
 
The friend just looked at them, confused, as they walked away. Whereas, Dara was shocked.
 
 
"Y-youngbae, what are y-you doing??" She was taken by surprise, and she continuously blinked her eyes as she was being led into an empty corridor.
 
 
When Youngbae released Dara's wrist, she wrapped her hand around it and avoided eye contact with him. Instead, she faced the ground, estranged. 
 
 
"Dara," he carefully said, "can we talk about what happened yesterday?"
 
 
She felt a lump in , and she tried hard to fight back the tears. She didn't want to think about the cold words she had said to him that day. It was inevitable though. Immediately, sadness filled her eyes.
 
 
"I love you... With all my heart. Please... please... don't marry him." He confessed to her as he begged, both knees on the floor.
 
 
She stayed silent for a moment, thinking of what she was about to say.
 
 
"Why? Why now? Don't you understand that I'm getting married in less than a week?" She couldn't help tearing up, and she finally trembled to the floor.
 
 
"I-I wanted to fight for you... But I -"
 
 
"I wish you would've fought for me... I wish you were the one to have proposed, but you weren't.  He has always been there for me, and where were you? You were gone for three years! You never even said anything before you left! I looked for you... I waited for you... everyday. He was there to comfort me, and fill in the big whole I had in my heart. " I stopped her before she could say another word.
 
 
"I never planned to go away. The last thing I ever wanted to do in my life is hurt you. I was gone because I had to fix my life. I didn't have anything to give you, I had nothing -" She cuts me off.
 
 
"And that's where you're wrong... You had your heart to give, and that's all I ever needed from you. And no you didn't have nothing... You always had me... Why couldn't you understand that?"
 
 
"Then, tell me... Why are marrying him? If what you said is true, why did you choose to leave me? We promised each other that we would be the ones standing on that alter one day, remember?"
 
 
She sniffed, and wiped her tears away with the back of her hand. As she did that, she stood back up, and Youngbae did the same.
 
 
"We were so young, and like I said, when you left, he never left my side. I gave him a chance, Bae, and I ended up falling for him."
 
 
A man appeared from the hallway near them.
 
 
"Dara!" The man called. "Everyone's looking for -" He stopped talking as he got closer, realizing that Dara's eyes were red and puffy. 
 
 
Dara hurriedly rubbed her eyes.
 
 
"Jiyong, I'll meet you inside." She said.
 
 
"What happened here?"" Jiyong asked, full of concern.
 
 
At this point, Youngbae felt even more frustrated. He gave Jiyong a bleak expression, and something must've snapped in him because without hesitation, he hastily went up to Jiyong, and grabbed him by his collar.
 
 
"How could you take her away from me?!" He yelled, and pushed Jiyong. "Because of you, everything is falling apart."
 
 
Jiyong got up, and pushed Youngbae as well. Now, both the men were glaring at each other, while they held each other's collar, swearing.
 
 
"She loves me, not you." Jiyong said under his breath.
 
 
Dara tried to break them apart, but made no significance. Before anyone knew it, Youngbae punched him right across the face, making him fall to the ground.
 
 
"Youngbae!" Dara yelled.
 
 
He looked at her, and out of nowhere, Jiyong gets up only to punch him in the face.
 
 
"Jiyong! Youngbae! Both of you stop!" She exclaimed.
 
 
"BOYS!" Someone shouted. 
 
 
Everyone stopped what they were doing and diverted their attention to the voice that echoed through the hall. 
 
 
"Appa.." Youngbae mumbled.
 
 

Hey, guys! Hope you all liked my update.

Oh snap! Jiyong and Youngbae are beating each other up! O_o What on earth happens from there?! >_<

Stay tuned for the next update! 

Looking forward to see your comments! ^^ For those who did comment on the previous chapter, I read them. I promise you guys, I will give you something to anticipate for future chapters. Not all the chapters are going to be sad and depressing like this. Haha so please, bare with me for now! Fighting~!
 
And please, don't forget to subscribe if you haven't done so already. I'd really appreciate it! ^^