Leaving

It Could Never Be Too Late

 

Youngbae's POV
-Park's Residence (Driveway)-
 
 
They're kissing...
 
 
My heart felt constricted, and all I could do was sit there and watch my girlfriend kiss... Someone else.
 
 
I shook my head disappointedly and snickered, and slowly leaned back against my seat. 
 
 
"Youngbae..."
 
 
I felt Chaerin place her hand on my shoulder.
 
 
I slowly gripped my hands around the steering wheel, and then, started the car.
 
 
I couldn't bare the idea of Dara doing this to me, but I guess people can surprise you.
 
 
---
 
 
I drove away, hoping to forget what just happened. Without even realizing, tears started to form in my eyes. 
 
 
"Oppa... I'm here for you. Please don't cry." Chaerin pleaded. 
 
 
All I did was nod, and as soon as we stopped at a stop light, I let the steering wheel go, and I let my tears flow. I slammed my hands on the steering wheel a couple of times, but I stopped, knowing that I must've startled Chaerin.
 
 
I leaned forward, and rested my head on my arms.
 
 
Then, Chaerin put her hand on my back and tried to comfort me once again. She slowly patted my back and moved her hand on an up and down motion.
 
 
"C'mon, Bae oppa. You can't park the car here, we're in the middle of the road." 
 
 
I snapped out of my depressed state and decided to drive back to my dorm.
 
 
-Youngbae's Dorm-
 
As soon as I got to the dorm, I got out of the car and continued to the door.
 
 
"Bae, please wait."
 
 
I stopped what I was doing and turned around. 
 
 
"Chaerin..." 
 
 
She walked up to me, and I hugged her tightly.
 
 
"I'm really sorry for acting that way, Chaerin. I know that it was uncalled for." I said.
 
 
"No, oppa. It's natural for you to feel that way. It's not fair for you to feel what you're feeling, but like I said before, I'm here for you whenever you need a shoulder to cry on."
 
 
I continued to hug her while I rested my head her shoulder.
 
 
"Thank you." I said.
 
 
END OF YOUNGBAE'S POV
 
Chaerin's POV
 
 
I felt so bad for him. This is the first time he's ever looked so distraught in front of me, and frankly, this side of him worried me. 
 
 
'How could she do this to him?' I wondered.
 
 
He was still in my arms, and I could tell that his tears proceeded to fall. I placed my hand on the back of his head, and I listened to his silent sniffle.
 
 
"Let's go inside, oppa, so you can rest." I suggested.
 
 
He took a long, deep breath, and then, turned around to open the door. We walked inside, and he turned the lights on. From a distance, I noticed a picture frame on one of his night stands. It was a picture of him and Dara together. I looked at Youngbae, and I noticed that he was staring at the same picture as I was.
 
 
"I think I'm gonna take YG's offer." He said out of nowhere.
 
 
"W-what?" I asked startled at his sudden decision.
 
 
"I'm gonna go to the U.S. and start recording."
 
 
My eyes widened.
 
 
I remembered YG talking to him about this, but before, he didn't agree with the idea because he wanted to stay in Korea for obvious reasons.
 
 
I sighed.
 
 
"You don't have to go-" I said before getting cut off. 
 
 
"I need to. This is the only way I can start my career, the only way I can keep myself busy."
 
 
I heard the strain in his voice. I wanted to disagree with his idea, but I knew that he had every right to go if he wanted to.
 
 
"Are you sure?" I asked.
 
 
He nodded. 
 
 
"I'm positive." He said putting his hand on my shoulder.
 
 
"Then... I guess I'm gonna have to go with you." I replied.
 
 
"Really?" 
 
 
"Wherever you go, I'll go. You've always been there for me, so I need to return the favor. Plus, YG offered the same thing to me before remember? "
 
 
---
 
 
After our conversation, we finally decided to go to the YG building to inform YG about our plans. He agreed to the idea, and gave us our tickets. 
 
 
At first, Youngbae looked hesitant, but he reassured himself.
 
 
We had today to pack, and we need to leave early tomorrow morning. At least that's what Youngbae oppa suggested. He wanted to get to California as soon as possible. He claims that he wanted to get started with his recording sessions, but I knew that there was more to that reason. He wanted to forget... What happened.
 
 
END OF CHAERIN'S POV
 
Sandara's POV
-Dara's Room-
 
I laid on my bed, thinking about all the things that had occurred today. I looked at the clock.
 
 
"It's midnight, yet I still can't sleep." I groaned.
 
 
I really couldn't get over what happened. 
 
 
'Youngbae saw.' Those words repeated in my mind over and over again.
 
 
I need to know what happened, and I need to make sure he didn't get the wrong idea.
 
 
I was restless. I tossed and turned, and I felt anxious. 
 
 
'I love you, and only you, Youngbae.' I thought to myself as I tried to close my eyes and get some sleep.
 
 
END OF SANDARA'S POV
 
Chaerin's POV
-Airport-
 
 
When I finished packing my things, I met Youngbae at the airport. He looked distracted, and it hurts me to see him that way. I wanted to tell him to re-think the idea, but I knew that he was going to go either way.
 
 
Before we went through security, I asked him one more time.
 
 
"Are you sure about this?"
 
 
"Let's go." He replied as he started to walk carrying his luggage.
 
 
I sighed.
 
 
"Oppa, you do realize that you can't just walk away from your problems. You're going to have to face them."
 
 
He turned around facing me.
 
 
"I just need to think, Chae. I'm not permanently leaving. I just want to get distracted for a while." He said.
 
 
"How long do you plan on staying in the U.S.?" I asked.
 
 
"For a while. When my career starts to take off, that's when I'll come back." He answered.
 
 
"So you're not even gonna say goodbye to her? What about your appa?" I retorted.
 
 
"I'll explain this to appa when we get settled in in L.A."
 
 
"Aigoo..." I said.
 
 
'Well, this is it. I just hope oppa knows what he's doing...' I thought to myself.
 
 
END OF CHAERIN'S POV
 

Sorry if you guys thought that this was a boring update, but hopefully it gets better once the drama starts! xD I do hope you guys enjoy, and please comment and tell me what you think!

As always, thank you to all my subscribers and readers! I really appreciate it! ^^

And please do subscribe if you haven't done so already! :D