Where Are You?

It Could Never Be Too Late

 

 
Sandara's POV
-Her Mansion-
 
 
I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I slowly rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock.
 
 
"7:30." I said.
 
 
 I got up to I changed my attire, not even worrying about taking a shower.
 
 
When I went downstairs, I saw Thunder eating his breakfast alone on the kitchen counter.
 
 
"Good morning, oppa." I greeted as I grabbed my keys and got ready to go out the door, but before I could, he stopped me.
 
 
"Where are you going?" He asked.
 
 
"Um... I'm going to Youngbae's dorm." I replied.
 
 
"Why?" Now, he sounded irritated.
 
 
"Oppa, if you don't care about him that's not my problem, but I need to go talk to him." I answered.
 
 
"Whatever. I'll go with you."
 
 
"Why?" Great. Now, I'm the one asking questions.
 
 
"To make sure that he doesn't get anywhere near you." He said.
 
 
"I don't have time for this." I replied.
 
 
He snickered. 
 
 
"Fine. Let's go." He said as he grabbed his jacket and followed behind me.
 
 
I got in the car, and started the engine.
 
 
---
 
 
Th drive was quiet for awhile, until I asked him the question that's been on my mind.
 
 
"Why did you come?" I asked, hoping to get a sensible answer this time.
 
 
"Dongsaeng, why are you so interested in that guy so much? There's plenty of other guys, better guys, who are chasing after you, yet why do you stick with him?"
 
 
I sighed.
 
 
"I wouldn't expect you to understand, oppa. But Youngbae has always been my best friend since we were kids, and he has always been there for me. Eventually, those reasons would become one of the reasons why... I fell in love with him."
 
 
He looked at me. 
 
 
For sure, I would have expected him to yell at me or scold at me for confessing like that, but instead, he was silent. He looked... remorseful.
 
 
"I'm really sorry, Dara. I'm sorry that I haven't been there for you like I should have. It's because of me I barely know what goes on in our lives. Look at you. You're already 'in love' and I wasn't even there to realize that." He said while quoting the words 'in love' with his fingers. "It's because of my jealousy and my pride that I was so distant towards everyone."
 
 
I stopped him for a moment.
 
 
"Why did you have to be jealous?" I asked as I continued to drive.
 
 
He smirked.
 
 
"We'll talk about this when we get home. For now, let's just go to Youngbae's dorm." He said.
 
 
"Does that mean that you're okay with me being with Youngbae?"
 
 
He looked at my weirdly, at first, but then, he smiled.
 
 
"If that's what makes you happy."
 
 
"Awww. Oppa, this side to you scares me." I teased.
 
 
"Good." He said as he pinched my right cheek tightly. "So what exactly happened for you to be looking for him this early in the morning?"
 
 
"It's not that early." I paused. "Something happened yesterday."
 
 
He waited for me to continue.
 
 
I took a deep breath.
 
 
"Jiyong kissed me."
 
 
"Really?" He asked almost amused.
 
 
"But, oppa, Jiyong knew Youngbae was there. He took advantage of me to get Youngbae jealous."
 
 
"He likes you?" He asked. This time, he seemed more serious.
 
 
I nodded.
 
 
"Do you want me to beat him up or something?" He offered.
 
 
"You would do that?"
 
 
He gave me a weird look, and then, replied.
 
 
"Family comes first, Dara. Even if he is a close friend of ours."
 
 
I sighed. 
 
 
"For now, I just wanna focus on Bae. I really need to speak with him." I said.
 
 
---
 
 
A few minutes later, we reached Bae's dorm.
 
 
I took a big, deep breath and tried to think if the words I was going to say to him. I felt anxious. 'What if he doesn't want to talk to me?' I thought.
 
 
"Do you want me to come with you?" Thunder asked.
 
 
"Huh? No, it's fine. I need to talk to him privately." I responded.
 
 
I got out of the car and slowly walked to the front door.
 
 
'Knock, knock, knock.'
 
 
No one answered. I tried again, but still, no one answered.
 
 
'Is this the right place?'
 
 
I took out my phone. I searched for appa's number, and I called it.
 
 
"Yoboseyo?"
 
 
"Hey, appa. I just wanted to know if you gave me the right address?" I asked.
 
 
"I'm positive." He replied.
 
 
"But how come no one's answering the door?"
 
 
"Hmm. How about the YG building? Maybe he's already at work." He suggested.
 
 
"Okay. Where is it?" 
 
 
"It should be one block over."
 
 
"Thanks, appa."
 
 
"No problem."
 
 
I hung up the phone, and went back to the car. I drove over to the building. Once again, I exited out of the car. I entered the YG building, and walked over to the front desk.
 
 
"How may I help you?" The secretary asked, not even looking up as she continued to type on her computer.
 
 
"Uh, I'm looking for Youngbae, Dong Youngbae. Is he here?" I asked.
 
 
"Not today. In fact, he won't be coming back for quite awhile."
 
 
My eyes widened.
 
 
"Wait." I blinked repeatedly. "What do you mean he's not coming back?"
 
 
Before she could reply, a man came up to the secretary asking for some files.
 
 
"Here you go, sir." The secretary said, giving the man the files he asked for.
 
 
"Ahem." I interrupted.
 
 
"Oh hello there." The man greeted. "Could I help you with something?"
 
 
"I wanted to ask where Dong Youngbae is." I said.
 
 
He looked at me.
 
 
"Are you a friend of his?" 
 
 
"Yes."
 
 
"Then, surely he would have told you." He replied.
 
 
I shook my head.
 
 
"Told me what?" I asked again.
 
 
"He went to the U.S."
 
 
"What?!" 
 
 
"He left this morning to be exact."
 
 
It took awhile for me to grasp everything. 
 
 
"How did you know?" I asked.
 
 
"I'm the C.E.O. of this compnay. I'm Yang Hyun-suk." He gestured for a handshake. "He told me that he wanted to start his career, so he's going to make his debut soon."
 
 
I only nodded. Without saying another word, I left the building, but before I could, the same man had stopped me.
 
 
"Miss? May I ask who you are?" 
 
 
"Park Sandara." I said.
 
 
And with that, I hurriedly left the building. 
 
 
---
 
 
As soon as I got to the parking lot, I felt weak and my knees trembled to the ground. Instantly, I started to cry. I covered my face with my hands.
 
 
'I can't believe he left... Without saying goodbye.' I thought.
 
 
Suddenly, I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I noticed that he knelt down to be level with me. It was Thunder.
 
 
"What's wrong?" He asked as he held both my hands.
 
 
I didn't speak. Instead, I hugged him tightly. I closed my eyes shut as my tears continued to fall. I burried my face into his chest.
 
 
"He's gone, oppa. He left." I said in between my cries.
 
 
Knowing what I meant, he told me not to worry. He patted my back, and held me tight.
 
 
My heart ached. 'How could he go without saying goodbye?'
 
 
I felt weak and terrible.
 
 
'Youngbae... I need you.' I whispered as Thunder continued to comfort me in his arms.
 

Oh no!! Dara just found out!!! T_T What happens from there?

Find out soon on the next update.

Please do comment what you think! And of course, don't forget to subscribe if you haven't done so already!! :D

Fighting~!