You Make Me Smile

It Could Never Be Too Late

 

Youngbae's POV
 
-Auditorium(Auditions)-
 
 
"Thanks, Chaerin." I said, flashing her a smile.
 
 
"No problem! You have nothing to worry about when you face those judges. You'll blow the roof off this place!" She complemented.
 
 
Again, I couldn't help but smile. She was very motivational, and for some reason, I believed every word she said. It was like I could already trust her.
 
 
"You really know how to lift me up, and I only met you today." I said.
 
 
"I have that affect on people, I guess. I always like to look at the positive things in life instead of the negative things. I like to help others when I see them feeling down or nervous. So when I saw you, I decided to help."
 
 
"That's thoughtful of you."
 
 
She grinned.
 
 
"Thanks, Bae."
 
 
"I never got to ask, are you auditioning, too?" I asked.
 
 
"Yup. It's been a dream of mine to sing and perform in front of a crowd, and I plan on being a part of YG Entertainment." She replied.
 
 
"I'm glad that you and I share the same dream. Though, I have no doubt that you'll make it."
 
 
I noticed her blush at my response, which made me smile.
 
 
---
 
 
"Next!" The judge called. 
 
 
"I guess I'm up next!" Chaerin said excitedly. "Wish me luck!"
 
 
"Good luck!" I exclaimed as she walked off onto the stage.
 
 
I watched her sing while I was backstage.
 
 
I could see that she was singing her heart out. I was amazed at how strong her voice was, and how confident she sounded.
 
 
It took a minute for me to realize that after she sang her acapella, she started to rap. She sounded even more fierce. I kept looking between her and the three judges. All I could see from the judges were expressionless faces.
 
 
'Can't they see how talented she is?' I asked myself.
 
 
After she finished her performance, I looked at the judges once again. Their faces were still blank, but they kept their eyes on her, scanning her intently.
 
'Aish... Do they really not know what talent is when they see it?' I asked myself.
 
 
 
There was a short silence in the auditorium. Then, one of the judges started to clap. Shortly afterwards, the other two began to follow.
 
 
"Miss Lee, you were... Truly amazing!" The judge in the middle said.
 
 
He got up out of his chair and walked towards Chaerin. When he got to her, he extended his right hand and offered a handshake.
 
 
I noticed that she bowed and then shook his hand.
 
 
"It's nice to meet you, sir." Chaerin said humbly. 
 
 
I looked at the man. My eyes widened as I realized who he was. It was Yang Hyun-suk, the C.E.O of YG Entertainment.
 
 
"Chaerin, let me just say that you did a phenomenal job during your performance. You can sing very well, but your rapping skills definitely stand out. You really put your heart into what you do, huh?" He asked.
 
 
"I always try, sir."
 
 
"That's good to hear. You have a strong and confident voice, which is just what this company needs. I would like to see you soon. Perhaps maybe even as one of my trainees." The president suggested.
 
 
"I would like that!"
 
 
The man laughed.
 
 
"Okay, we'll see you soon."
 
 
After the conversation, Chaerin made her way towards me. When she got to me, she  hugged me tightly.
 
 
"You were great out there!" I said as I embraced her.
 
 
She then pulled away.
 
 
"Thank you! I can't believe I got to talk to the C.E.O of YG Entertainment!! I think I'm finally on the right track." She said.
 
 
"Out of all honesty, I think you deserve it. You were absolutely breath-taking out there." I admitted.
 
 
She blushed at my statement. 
 
 
'Haha she blushes so easily, but I find that cute.' I thought to myself. 
 
 
---
 
 
Shortly after, the judges called for the next audition.
 
 
"Next, please!" The one judge called.
 
 
I looked up, and looked through the curtain. My palms were sweaty, and I was even
more nervous than I was before. 
 
 
Suddenly, I felt a hand lightly land on my shoulder.
 
 
"Everything's gonna be okay, arasso? Just think about your friend, and I guarantee, everything will be okay. You don't even have to worry that much. I'm sure that you'll do great."
 
 
For some reason, what Chaerin said made me loosen up. I'm so glad that I met her. Otherwise, I wouldn't even have lasted a minute in here.
 
 
I hugged her just before I walked off to the stage.
 
 
"Thanks."
 
 
"Anytime." She replied.
 
 
"Are you going to stay to watch me audition?" I asked curiously.
 
 
"Of course! I wanna see the judges' faces when they hear you sing." She giggled.
 
 
I took one deep breath and closed my eyes for a few seconds.
 
 
"Don't worry, you'll blow the roof off this place!" She said.
 
 
I nodded.
 
 
'I guess it's time,' I paused for a moment. 'to show them what I've got.'
 
 
Once I got on the stage, I quickly turned to my left. I saw Chaerin standing there giving me two thumbs up, while mouthing the words 'Good luck,' to me.
 
 
I waved at her. Then, I turned to face the judges.
 
 
"Are you ready?" The female judge asked.
 
 
"Yes, I'm ready." I replied.
 

Annyeonghaseyo~! I hope you guys liked the Sunsky moments here :D So Youngbae is about to perform in front of the judges. I wonder how that will go? Keke ;D I do hope you guys enjoyed my update. Please do comment and let me know what you think about my story.

One more thing, don't forget to subscribe if you haven't done so yet!!! ^_^

Thank you!