Welcome to YG Entertainment

It Could Never Be Too Late

 

 
Youngbae's POV
 
 
My eyes were closed.  I was SO nervous. 
 
 
'You can do this, Youngbae. You know you can!' I thought to myself. 
 
 
Suddenly, the judge called out my name and asked me what my song choice was. 
 
 
"Only Look At Me... By... Me." I replied.
 
 
They nodded their heads in unison.
 
 
"So this is an original song of yours?" The one judge asked curiously. 
 
 
"Yes, sir. I write my own music."
 
 
They seemed to be pleased because they smiled brightly.
 
 
"We're already impressed... Youngbae, right?" The C.E.O asked.
 
 
"Neh."
 
 
"Show us what you've got!" He said.
 
 
I sat down in front of the piano, and prepared myself. 
 
 
I slowly started to play the intro of the song, and gradually, I picked up my pace. 
 
 
I sang my heart out, and throughout my entire performance, I did my best to put my feelings through. 
 
 
At the corner of my eye, I could see Chaerin staring at me. I wasn't sure if she was impressed or shocked, which made me freak out inside.
 
 
I guess she realized that I was looking at her because she mouthed the words,'You're doing great!' to me, automatically making me feel better.
 
---
 
"Naega baram pyeodo neoneun jeoldae pijima baby
Naneun neoreul ijeodo neon nareul itjima lady
Gakkeum naega yeollagi eopgo sureul masyeodo
Hoksi naega dareun eotteon yeojawa
Jamsi nuneul matchwodo neon naman barabwa"
 
Lyrics from website: http://www.lyricsmode.com
 
---
 
 
When I finished, there was complete utter silence.
 
 
The judges weren't looking at me. They were looking at themselves.
 
 
I got up out of the chair, and walked up to the edge of the stage, waiting for their comments. I wast nervous anymore. I just want to know what they thought about my audition.
 
 
After a while, the judges finally looked at me.
 
 
"Mianhe, Youngbae..."
 
 
Those words crept up through my spine and gave me goosebumps.
 
 
'That must mean that I did horrible.' I said to myself disappointingly.
 
 
"I know I could do better, sir. It's just, it's my first time actually performing in front of more than one person."
 
 
Once again, their faces were blank.
 
 
"What are you talking about?" The female judge asked. 
 
 
"You did an AMAZING job up there!!" The other judge exclaimed.
 
 
"Really?!" I quickly asked.
 
 
They all started clapping. In fact, they stood up and have me a standing ovation.
 
 
"Then, why did you say,'Mianhe?' if you thought my performance was good?" I continued.
 
 
They all laughed.
 
 
"Because we took so long to comment on your audition." Mr. YG said.
 
 
I felt a lot better when he cleared it all up.
 
 
"Dong Youngbae, we don't even have to call you to tell you whether or not you made it. You are definitely going to be a part of YG Entertainment. That is, if you agree of course." He said.
 
 
I felt my knees tremble, and I kept my head down. I was overwhelmed about everything. 
 
 
"Is this really happening?" 
 
 
"Yes... It really is." They all said.
 
 
I snapped out of my thoughts, realizing that I was talking out loud.
 
 
I nodded my head. 
 
 
"Thank you so much." I said.
 
 
Mr. YG and the rest got up out of their seats and went on stage to shake my hand.
 
 
I slowly got up and shook their hands.
 
 
"We were very impressed, if you must know. We don't really have any auditions with performers singing their own music." The female judge stated.
 
 
"And let me just add, you have a talent for composing music. It's not everyday we see talent like that. You are a true composer and a wonderful performer, which is why us judges have no doubt about having you as a part of our company." The other judge said.
 
 
They nodded their heads.
 
 
"We're hoping to see you soon, arasso?" The C.E.O said as he shook my hand.
 
 
I flashed a smile and shook his hand.
 
 
"Yes,sir."
 
 
I bowed to show my respect.
 
 
---
 
 
I walked towards backstage feeling very contented about my audition. I was lost in my thoughts until Chaerin ran up to me and gave me a big hug.
 
 
"Congratulations, Bae oppa!" 
 
 
I deepened the hug, burying my face onto her shoulder.
 
 
"Thank you, Chaerin. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have even gotten up on that stage." I stated. 
 
 
"You're welcome. I'm so happy for you!" She replied.
 
 
"I think we're both on the right paths now." I said.
 
 
---
 
 
A few days later, Chaerin told me that she, too, was accepted into the company.
 
 
The following day, we both entered the YG building, full of excitement. We were greeted in by the one and only C.E.O of the company, Yang Hyun-suk. He gave us a tour around the building, and introduced us to the other artists that would soon become our hyungs and noonas since Chaerin and I grew close with them and looked up to them in the music business.
 
 
"Welcome to YG Entertainment!" Everyone greeted.
 

Yay! Chaerin and Youngbae are finally a part of YG Entertainment! ^^ That's a big deal for Youngbae oppa... 

Thank you to all my readers and subscribers! You guys are what motivate me to write more, which is why I'm asking you to please comment and subscribe if you haven't done so already. I would really appreciate it! :D

I hope to update soon. I'm thinking about fast forwarding the story a little bit, just so I could get the story going, and HOPEFULLY, get more subs... *sigh* Haha Fighting!!