Catching Up

It Could Never Be Too Late

"Omo! I've missed you sooo much!" Dara said, still in Jiyong's embrace.

Jiyong gives a small chuckle. "How long has it been, Dara?"

"It's been ten years! Ever since we moved, you never visited us!" She finally let go of her oppa.

"I'm sorry, dongsaeng! My family and I had been busy for awhile. We spent most of our time traveling in Europe for our business extension. I'm glad we get to go to the same college though, and finally get to spend some time with you again!"

Dara blushed. She couldn't believe how long it was since she and Jiyong had spent time with each other. They were once school mates, but due to his parent's business, they spent a lot of time moving around other countries and continents.

"Are you already packed up?"

"Almost, Oppa! I still have to pack a few things." She replied. "Well, come on in, don't just stand there, Jiyong!" She closed the door and escorted Jiyong to the kitchen.

"Appa! It's Jiyong!" She yelled.

Mr. Park walked up to Jiyong and shook his hand. "How have you been, Jiyong?

"I've been good, sir! Still busy with the family business though."

"And what was that business, again?"

"We own many hotels, and we're basically trying to expand on our business."

"Oh that's good!" Mr. Park replied.

"Well, I better get on going upstairs. I still have to wake your Umma up, Dara. She's still very tired from the trip we had from yesterday. Why don't the two of you catch up a little, huh? I bet you two have a lot to talk about! I will see you later, Jiyong. For now just spend some time with Dara." He said as he walked up the stairs back to his room.

Sandara's POV

I really missed my oppa! It' been too long.I knew him ever since were little kids, even before Youngbae. I decided to ask him about our flight.

"Oppa, what time is our flight tomorrow?" I asked.

"Umm, I think it's around 11:00 a.m... But we also have to be at the airport earlier because there might be traffic."

"Around here, oppa, there's never any traffic!" I laughed.

He laughed with me. 

"Anyways, Jiyong, let's have breakfast. I had cooked eggs and bacon!"

"You? Cook breakfast? Well, that's a surprise!" He teased.

I hit him on his arm, but I still ended up laughing to his statement.

"I was just kidding, Dara! Relax!" He said as he helped Dara prepare the kitchen table.

END OF SANDARA'S POV

Jiyong's POV

I never get tired of teasing Dara. She has the prettiest smile I've ever seen. I just light up every time I see her because all these years, I still liked her. I'm glad that I will be able to go the same college as her at Julliard. We were both planning on going to study music, so we enrolled at the same school. I might not have seen her in years, but it doesn't mean that I ever stopped contacting her.

After we finished setting the table, we put the food down and started eating.

"This is really good, Dara! I underestimated you!" I teased again, and she just gives me a light punch on my arm.

After a few minutes, someone started walking down the stairs.

"Hyung!" He said.

"Oh it's you, Thunder!" I got up out of my seat towards him. He gives me a big hug.

"How have you been, hyung?"

"I've been good, thanks for asking! And don't call me hyung! We're the same age, Thunder!" Me and him just both laughed.

"It's been awhile, Jiyong! Why haven't you visited often?"

"I'm sorry. I've been really busy lately."

"Aigoo... It's fine, at least you're here now. What brings you here?"

"Dara and I are going to the same college."

"Oh that's right!" He said. Thunder was one of my best friends since we were little. I'm glad he still remembers me. It's unfortunate that I'm not staying that long.

"Come join us for breakfast, Oppa!" Dara said. Thunder just nodded and Dara got an extra plate for him.

"I'm sorry about yesterday, Oppa." Dara confessed.

"It's fine, Dara. Just promise me you won't ever go out with that loser."

"Oppa... Please give him a chance." Dara pouted.

"You're very stubborn, Dara. You know how much I despise him."

"What happened?" I decided to cut in to the conversation.

"It's nothing Jiyong." Thunder said.

"Oppa is just mad that I like spending time with my boy- I mean my best friend, Youngbae. Do you remember him, Jiyong?"

"I'm afraid not, Dara."

"Good!" Thunder replied.

"Omo! Stop being mean to him!" Dara yelled.

"I'd be delighted to meet him, Dara." I said. I wondered who this guy might be, and why was Dara backing him up like that? I guess I'll find out later.

"Okay, well, he should be coming down shortly." We all continued to eat our breakfast.

END OF JIYONG'S POV

Not long after their conversation, Youngbae came downstairs.

Youngbae's POV

I came downstairs to see why there was so much yelling. As I had came downstairs, I saw Dara, Thunder, and a guy that I didn't recognize. But he was sitting next to Dara. They were both laughing, and having a conversation. I walked closer to the kitchen.

"Bae!" Dara got up and gave me a hug. "Come on, join us." She got me a plate and I sat down in front of the guy I didn't recognize.

"Jiyong, this is Youngbae; Youngbae, this is Jiyong." Dara introduced me to him.

"Annyeong-haseyo, Youngbae!" He got up out of his seat to shake my hand.

"Hello.... Jiyong." I got up out of my seat as well and shook his hand. I gave him a faint smile.

"You'll have to excuse me, Jiyong... Dara I'm going back up to my room, arasseo? I lost my appetite." Thunder said as he got up out of his chair. I could tell he didn't like my presence, so he left.

"Okay, Oppa..." Dara replied.

We ate in complete silence, until I decided to ask a question.

"So, hyung... You are Dara's acquaintance that is going to the same college as her, right?"

"Uh yes, Youngbae, I am. I'm very excited to be spending some time with my little dongsaeng!" He said giving Dara a smile.

Dara gives a smile back. "So am I, Oppa."

"When are you guys leaving?" I asked.

"Tomorrow." Dara said, as she looked at me right in the eyes.

"Oh okay. And how long will you be gone?"

"We'll be gone for a few months, and we'll be coming back once in awhile to Korea to see how everyone is doing." Jiyong said.

I was really upset that Dara was leaving. I didn't want to be alone here. Unfortunately, I didn't really have a choice. But could Jiyong possibly like noona? I couldn't help but feel a little left out. They seemed so close. I decided to excuse myself from the conversation.

"Mianhe noona... hyung... I think I'm going to go out and get some air." I said, as I got up and went outside.

END OF YOUNGBAE'S POV

Dara noticed that Youngbae hasn't really been himself lately, so she told Jiyong that she would go outside to check on him.

"Bae?"

"Oh hey... Dara. What's up?"

"Is everything okay?"

"Of course, everything is okay, noona." Youngbae replied.

Dara went to give Youngbae a hug. She knew something was up, and she wanted to know what.

"Bae, you know you can tell me anything right?"

"Yes, Dara... I know."

"So then what's bothering you?"

He lets out a big sigh. "Everything... Dara."


This was chapter 4! I hoped you guys enjoyed. This was basically Jiyong's introduction. I'm sorry if you thought that it was really bad, like I said before, I'm really new to all this... Anyways, thank you to all the subscribers, I really appreciate all the support! :D Please comment if you have any questions or suggestions! Thanks again! :)