You're Back

It Could Never Be Too Late

 

Youngbae's POV
-Recording Studio-
 
 
"Oppa?" A familiar voice called.
 
 
I looked over my shoulder, and I noticed Chaerin peeking her head through the open door.
 
 
"Can I come in?" She asked.
 
 
"Come in." I gestured.
 
 
She walked over and sat on one of the seats beside me. I continued to write on my notepad, until I realized that Chaerin had been staring at me for a while.
 
 
"Whatcha working on?" She asked curiously.
 
 
"In writing a new song for my next album." I answered.
 
 
I decided to stop writing, and turned my chair around to face Chaerin.
 
 
"Oppa... You know why I came here, don't you?" She bluntly said.
 
 
I tried to avoid contact with her eyes. Instead, I just looked at the floor.
 
 
"I know." I replied.
 
 
"You made a promise. Now, it's finally time to go home."
 
 
I nodded.
 
 
I knew what she meant. She reminded me so many times before.
 
 
"I don't know, Chae." I started.
 
 
"Youngbae, you've spent three years here already. I think it's time for you to face your problems. Don't you miss your family?"
 
 
She paused for a moment, before saying what she was about to say next.
 
 
"Don't you miss her?" She finally asked.
 
 
There it is. The question that's been lingering in my mind for so long. I didn't want that question to pop up. I didn't want to answer it, but I knew Chaerin was patiently waiting for a response.
 
 
"I do... Every day." I managed to say. "But-"
 
 
"No, oppa." She argued. "You ran out of excuses. You can't keep saying 'but' or 'what if'. If you love her, you have to show her. Don't let her slip through your fingers."
 
 
"She already did remember?" I contradicted. 
 
 
She fell silent. 
 
 
"See? Even you agree that I've already lost my chance." I continued.
 
 
She shook her head disappointingly. 
 
 
"So that means you're just gonna give up like that? Don't you at least want an explanation?"
 
 
"You have no idea how much I did."
 
 
"So why did you walk away?" She interjected.
 
 
I sighed.
 
 
"Because I was scared. I didn't want to listen to the girl I love telling me that she has already moved on to someone else. I didn't want to live that nightmare." I confessed.
 
 
"I understand that, Bae, but I think it's time to open up. You need to settle things. Otherwise, you'll be stuck in this situation for the rest of your life... And you'll never move forward."
 
 
She was right, as always. I needed to talk to her. I've let three years pass by already, and I can't keep avoiding her. Deep down inside, I knew that I still loved her. Nothing had changed.
 
 
Snapping me out of my thoughts, Chaerin asked me a question.
 
 
"What are you working on?" She asked.
 
 
I glanced over at my notebook.
 
 
"I'm working on my next single." I said.
 
 
"Can I take a peak?"
 
 
I frowned.
 
 
"Unfortunately, I'm having a bit of a writer's block." I admitted.
 
 
"Do you at least have the song?" She asked.
 
 
"Yes, of course. The lyrics are the only thing that's stumping me. Here, let me show you."
 
 
I walked over to my laptop and searched for the file. When I found it, I hit play and sat back down on my chair.
 
 
Chaerin listened intently. As the song played. I couldn't help noticing that she was bobbing her head left and right to the beat of the song. Towards the bridge, she looked at me pleasingly and smiled.
 
 
When the song finished, she applauded. 
 
 
"Sounds like another love song." She teased.
 
 
I let out a small chuckle.
 
 
"Maybe, if I could figure out the words to write." I replied.
 
 
She flashed a smile, again.
 
 
"Okay, well, I gotta go, oppa." She said as she got up out of her chair.
 
 
"And don't forget, we're leaving tomorrow!" She added as she retreated through the door.
 
 
A small grin formed on my face.
 
 
"Maybe she's right." I sighed.
 
 
END OF YOUNGBAE'S POV
 
 
---
 
 
No One's POV
-Youngbae's Apartment-
 
 
It was already around midnight. He laid on his bed as he continued to play with his promise ring. Even after the three long years, he's always worn the ring, every day. 
 
 
'You'll never move forward.' 
 
 
Those words repeated in his mind constantly. What Chaerin said was true. He needed closure, but he wasn't sure if he was ready. Nevertheless, he knew that leaving tomorrow was inevitable, and soon, he was going to have to face her.
 
 
He took a deep breath, and rested his right forearm on his forehead. He closed his eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.
 
 
---
 
 
-The Next Day-
 
 
As soon as Youngbae got up, he prepared everything he had and headed for Chaerin's apartment.He helped her gather her things, and together, they headed for the airport. 
 
 
---
 
 
-Airport-
 
 
We made our way past security and towards our gate.
 
 
"Here we go again, oppa." Chaerin said.
 
 
I looked around the airport one last time, and then, I took out my wallet, only to see Dara's smiling face in a picture.
 
 
'I'll see you soon.' I thought to myself
 
 
And with that, the plane departed.
 
 
---
 
 
-South Korea-
 
 
They finally arrived, both feeling at home. It has been three long years, and now, they're back.  As soon as Youngbae stepped out of the airport, he took out his phone.
 
 
"Who are you calling, Youngbae?" Chaerin asked as she dragged her luggage.
 
 
"I'm calling YG. I'm telling him that we're here, and that we are gonna head for his office."
 
 
She slightly nodded, but she couldn't fight the urge to ask me a question.
 
 
"What about your family? What about Dara?" She asked.
 
 
"Um, I don't think that that's a good idea." He answered.
 
 
She shook her head.
 
 
"Oppa, there's no way you're backing out now." 
 
 
"I'm not. I just think that we need to get settled in first."
 
 
"Please? I really think it's time." She pleaded. "Plus, you need to go talk yo your appa, anyway. You haven't contacted him since you left."
 
 
"Aish. Now, your just trying to make me guilty." He admitted.
 
 
"Fine." He finally said. 
 
 
They made their way to find a taxi. They decided to go to their dorms real quick to drop off their luggage, and afterwards, Youngbae drove over to Chaerin's dorm. He picked her up, and they made their way to the Park's residence.
 
 
---
 
 
Youngbae's POV
-His Car-
 
 
Millions of things buzzed in my mind. I couldn't help thinking about what happened the last time I came to that place. The kiss still haunted me, even now. Chaerin was right, though. I've kept my distance. I needed answers, and three years is long enough.
 
 
'Aigoo... How did we get to this situation, Dara? I thought you loved me.' I thought to myself as memories started to flood my mind.
 
 
I continued to drive, gripping the steering wheel.
 
 
"We're almost there, right?" Chaerin asked.
 
 
"Neh, I just need to make a right." I replied.
 
 
---
 
 
-The Mansion-
 
 
In no time, we arrived. I felt my heart race. 
 
 
"Just remember, oppa," I looked at her. "talk to her." She reminded.
 
 
I nodded my head, and I took my seatbelt off. I got of the car and slowly made my way towards the gate door. I got through and started to walk on the driveway. I took a glance at my shoes, and as soon as I raised my head back up, I stopped my tracks.
 
 
"Youngbae?" She blurted out.
 
 
"Dara." I forced myself to say.
 
 
She looked at me with a worried expression, while I stood there. 
 
 
Just when I thought that eveything was going to be okay, that we'll find a way to figure things out... my whole world just fell apart in less than a minute.
 
 
"Youngbae." The man bluntly said.
 
 
It was none other than Jiyong.
 
 
I shook my head, unable to believe what I was seeing. I stood there only to see that Dara's hand was intertwined with his, and unmistakingly, she was wearing an engagement ring.
 
 
"You're back." She managed to say.
 
 

Oh gosh -_- Poor, Youngbae! T_T

What happens now? Will he walk away, again? Or will he stay and listen for the truth?

What about Youngbae's new song? Will it end up as a love song after all? Maybe a song about heartbreak? 

Please do comment, and tell me what you think!

Of course, please don't forget to subscribe, if you haven't done so already. ^^

Thank you to all my lovely readers and subscribers, by the way!!! :D