Hidden Secrets | kaiaboo

seasonallyperfections | a review shop {batch one closed, moving!}

 

 

 

 

****

{STORY LINK} 

Title: 10/10

Absolutely loved the title. Hidden Secrets just stirs up dark memories...LOVE IT. Full score!

 

Foreword: 13/15

I liked the description...short and simple, that's how I roll. However, under the foreword part, where you began to talk about the people, and their little descriptions...I didn't understand the random floating words. I tried putting them together...but I don't know...didn't seem to work. 

 

Overall Look: 5/5

Loved the background and the poster. It completely corresponded with each other very well. Though for the poster, I must admit, there's too many characters it might get a little crowded. When this happens, I reccommend a character chart. Those make it more organized. 

 

​Grammar: 25/30

I found a few grammatical errors here and there, so I'll point some out. 

EX, CHAPTER ONE: 

"It's a small cabin-like area that has pine trees surrounding it, it’s cute and Krystal can imagine what the rest of this place might look like." Here, I think you should use a semicolon, because otherwise, it'll be a run-on sentence. Also, for dialogue, you do not capitalize the word after the quotation mark, well...depending on what's the word after. You also need a comma, not a period to close the quotation. 

EXAMPLE. (CHAPTER ONE): 

""Still, I apologize; no one ever comes here so I tend to slack off at times.”" The woman said." It should be, "Still, I apologize; no one ever comes here, so I tend to slack off at times," the woman said. Do you get what it? Hopefully so. Also, you should use commas every now and then, or else it'll make your sentences choppy. But I'll address that later in the "flow" category. 

 

Spelling: 20/20

I found barely any spelling mistakes, so good job. 

 

​Flow: 7/15

To me, I think the story moves way too quickly. In the first chapter, you already introduced about...five to six characters? I think that's a little too much to handle for readers...at least in my perspective. Maybe you should slow down things a bit. I mean..I think it's a tad bit impossible for Krystal to be so close with Victoria already. I mean, they were strangers and now she's taking Krystal to her house? I think that's really incredible how they get along so quickly. Krystal seems to trust people alot, doesn't she?  And I think the MyungStal couple are going a bit too fast...just saying. They just met each other, and four chapters into the story, they're already having a full-out make out session? WOW. 

 

​Originality: 3/5

It was sort of original. Sort of. Though I have read a couple of fanfictions with hidden secrets and all...but a pretty big cast if I must say so myself. I like the MyungStal couple, btw. Though...I prefer the MyungYeon couple in real life...:P 

 

Total: 83/100

 

****

Reviewed by: -justadreamer-

got any questions? pm us! remember to credit us in the foreword!