Chapter 3

Not Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Going back to the reality hurts while tearing [EXO – MAMA]

 

Already passed 5 months that Sungmin is still laying on his bed unmoving and showed no progress. Kyuhyun’s mind actually already frustrated waiting but his heart didn’t told him so. He is still going to Sungmin’s room and changing his already withered flowers with a new one. He read through on the newspaper and the articles in the internet that a miracle happens within a brain-dead state.

 

Kyuhyun would wait, even if it tooks years for Sungmin to open his eyes and waking up, he would wait. When he’s suddenly losing his confidence that Sungmin someday will wake up, Kyuhyun’s automatically squeezing Sungmin’s hand and envelopes Sungmin’ hand within his palms. He promised himself to wait for Sungmin even if Sungmin’s parents later don’t believe that his son would wake up. He just hope that the time is sooner, the time when actually Sungmin can open his eyes and waking up.

 

Kyuhyun is fallen a sleep but suddenly he’s feeling a light movement coming from Sungmin’s hand. Kyuhyun immediately wakes up and sees that Sungmin is already opening his eyes.

 

“S-Sungmin hyung! You..you’re awake! S-Sungmin hyung! You can see me, hyung?!”, Kyuhyun already feels ecstatic emotion within him.

 

“K-Kyuhyun? Is..is that you there?”, Sungmin said with a raspy voice. “Uh..uh..yes! yes! Yes! It’s me, hyung!”, Kyuhyun answered, not realizing that he’s squeezing tight Sungmin’s palm.

 

Sungmin is looking exactly towards Kyuhyun then he frowned. Sungmin tried to blink his eyes quite a while makes Kyuhyun felt uneasy.

 

“H-hyung c-could..not..see y-you..”, said Sungmin, his voice is clearly for Kyuhyun to hear. “W-what? You can’t see me? H-how..”, Kyuhyun’s voices immediately drowned in his throat as he’s reaching for the bell to call doctor.

 

“Impossible that…”, Kyuhyun’s saying out his mind and immediately he put his hand towards his mouth. “Sungmin hyung is…blind?”.

 

 

~~

 

 

Youngwoon rushed immediately knowing that the bells from Sungmin’s room being pressed by someone. It would be thirty minutes later to do checking up on Sungmin.

 

Suddenly the boy wearing the same uniform as Donghae welcomed him when he comes in to Sungmin’s room.

 

“What are you doing here? Visiting time’s already up since an hour ago..”, Youngwoon told him with a stern voice but immediately widened his eyes as the boy stepped aside and all Youngwoon could focus now is Sungmin is there, opening his eyes.

 

“Oh My Lord, step aside kid!”, Youngwoon totally rushed towards Sungmin’s side and start to do check up on him.

 

“Doc! He’s..Sungmin hyung said..he couldn’t see..”, said the boy makes Youngwoon stiffened and he took a glance at the boy and the name tag said he’s Cho Kyuhyun. Youngwoon quickly took out a small flashlight.

 

“What are you doing??”, Kyuhyun put his grasp through Youngwoon’s arms, avoiding him to touch Sungmin.

 

“K-Kyu..i c-can’t see..h-help!”, muttered Sungmin in a small voice and Youngwoon quickly let go of Kyuhyun’s hands and started to check up on Sungmin’s eyes. After check on it, Youngwoon is shaking his head and commanded to Kyuhyun to go out from the room.

 

“Why? I..”,

 

“Get out now, or if you want your Sungmin hyung’s died, you could stay..”, said Youngwoon with stern voices, making Kyuhyun and Sungmin bit their lips in unison.

 

“K-Kyu..you go out first..”, said Sungmin then smiled through his oxygen mask.

 

Kyuhyun then goes out from the room and waiting in front of the room. Unconsciously walking aimlessly back and forth while waiting. Kyuhyun could see Donghae’s chit-chatting with a blonde haired guy while coming towards him. Kyuhyun dragged his feet coming towards Donghae and grabbed his hand harshly.

 

“Wow, wow..Kyuhyun! what are you doing dragging me?!”, Donghae said and let go of Kyuhyun’s grasp. Kyuhyun turned back facing him and hug him tightly in a bear hug.

 

“Y-yah, what are you..”,

 

“Sungmin hyung is conscious..”, Kyuhyun cutting Donghae’s words immediately and let go of his embrace and meeting with unexpected Donghae that widened his eyes and jaw is dropping hearing that.

 

“Are you being serious, Cho Kyuhyun?!”, Donghae asked and Kyuhyun is like nodded like a dummy puppy. Donghae is looking happy and turned his sight towards the blonde haired man and back to focus again on Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun’s happy face turned to a gloomy one and then Donghae immediately grabbed Kyuhyun shoulder.

 

“W-why? Why your expression is changed suddenly?”, Donghae asked and shook Kyuhyun’s body with his strength.

 

“Are you..perhaps..joking, Kyuhyun?! It’s not funny!”, Donghae pushed away Kyuhyun’s body until he’s slipped to the floor.

 

“I’m not..Donghae hyung, I’m being serious here..”, Kyuhyun shakily answered, his thought already flooding with the possibility he has been thought recently.

 

“Then..why with the sudden outburst of happiness that Sungmin already conscious and with the gloomy expression now, Cho Kyuhyun?! Explain it!”, Donghae bursted out his anger and immediately Jungsoo rushed towards him and gives him a pat.

 

“Then it’s explain the outcoming, Hae..”, Jungsoo said with a serious voice. Kyuhyun and Donghae immediately shot up a looking at Jungsoo. Jungsoo is bitterly smilling, he’s known at this situation, it’s so familiar to him. Kyuhyun’s act just now, it looks like Youngwoon always did.

 

“The outcoming..it comes with two different outcomings, right..Cho..Kyuhyun?”, Jungsoo said as he looked at the name tag on Kyuhyun’s u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter