Chapter 20

Not Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I hope all pain avoids you and comes to me instead

Because that’s what I always prayed for

It’s alright if my happiness cut into half

[Shin Seung Hoon – The Words You Can’t Hear]

 

 

 

Kyuhyun with Mrs. Lee just in time to come and seeing Mr. Lee already standing in front of Sungmin’sroom.Kyuhyun bowed at him and let Mrs. Lee approaching his husband and hug him.

“Sungmin eomma, you looks exhausted…you should rest”, Mr. Lee said while leading his wife to sit on one of those seats there. He rubbed her back lovingly but Kyuhyun who just stand there looking at the couples frowned his eyes.

It’s way too awkward for the elder man to caress lovingly his wife. Kyuhyun could see those gestures of Mr. Lee not focusing on Mrs. Lee; Like he distracted a bit.

And he guessed if his thought is right, Mr. Lee met Hyukjae here and something must be up. Kyuhyun just could sigh, he let him and Donghae come here though; but….then he saw someone there sitting far away from the room, in the corner of the room boys—no—but a boy, he’s alone—or—that young guy?looking here at his direction.

He didn’t wear his lenses today nor glasses, he remembered he put inside his pocket so he couldn’t see the figure clearly but definitely that guy is—no—was but still looking at this direction. And he just realized, he saw that blonde locks—ding it makes Kyuhyun snapped, that must be Hyukjae.

No sight of Donghae there, why? Because he clearly saw Hyukjae’s alone. He then wear his glasses and saw those figure sit far away from him. something’s wrong with him, he’s clearly seeing at this direction and Hyukjae’s gaze uncoincidentally met with him but—Hyukjae didn’t even flinch or look surprised or—what should he say? He didn’t expect that Hyukjae was so brave got into eye contact with him and he looked so relaxed. There must be something wrong, Kyuhyun thought cause he got into eye contact once and Hyukjae looks like his gaze didn’t focus on him and his eyes kept on wandering here and there.

 

~

 

Hyukjae have seen to the direction he believes where Sungmin’s room was since he had done the talk between his father—adopted father. His lips twitched upward a bit forming a smile, this time he felt like relieve surged through his body. Just in a short time, God just suddenly stand by his side. True that the oldest saying that God isn’t giving you problem without any solution, God has thousand reasons why he gives you the problem and the last, Time is the wisest because it discovers everything.

Because he believes in that, then slowly it makes him discovers something bit by bit. Though God had chosen the painful path for him, then it worth for those he had achieve this time. He gains more people’s trust in him; Jungsoo and Youngwoon, don’t forget Doctor Lee and his sons (though Heechul and Chanyeol are worst peoples with their diva attitude but nope Joonmyeon is NOT like them), Donghae—yes him, though Hyukjae still felt insecure about Donghae being by his side but he tried to trust him again, is it his love for the other that makes him forgive and easily let Donghae be by his side again? He blushed at the obvious answer—lastlyhe eyed again at the direction he believes where Sungmin’s room was, his father—his kind-hearted father, he just knows that his father—adopted wouldn’t be so bad at him, he was a forgiving person. His father told him he even felt sorry that he had said those harsh word towards Hyukjae, the day when Hyukjae got kicked by his mother.

But he wasn’t telling his father that he’s blind because he wanted to help Sungmin.

True that his father is curious why he’s blind but he didn’t tell him. Hyukjae is afraid to tell him with his own mouth, own sounds but maybe because his father is not a fool he could tell lies easily. His father sighed then guessed before he approached Hyukjae then gives him a warm hug he didn’t feel for so long from his father.

Hyukjae just let himself broke into unsoundedly sobs, yes he cried but he can’t utter a single word and the quiet sobs is painfully excruciating for both him and his father.

“It must be hard for you, I’m sorry” on Sungmin’s and Sungmin eomma’s behalf too.

Hyukjae wiped a single tear that rolled on his face then turned his head away from the direction before he stand up carefully then straight on his toll then slowly walked towards the elevator.

But unknown to him of course, a single pair of eyes watching every moves of him before that someone is gaping and turned his head away from Hyukjae’s direction.

 

~

 

“Doctor Kim!”,Donghae called the muscular man wearing white suit meanwhile the other ones still hasn’t notice his presence yet. Donghae then approached the doctor when the doctor finally finished on talking with his patience’s guardians.

Doctor Kim then eyed him warily as he then finally caught in eye contacts with Donghae.

 

“There is this possibility that Hyukjae could gain his sight?”,Donghae asked carefully to Doctor Kim Youngwoon and the doctor then nodded slowly.

“But the possibility is little..”

“Little? If you could put up in percent?How..much?”, Doctor Kim then sighed heavily hearing the words from this young guy in front of him.

“Just the same as now. if there’s donor for him, the operation would take much risky because this is usually acquired when the patience that need donor like Hyukkie is blind caused by accident or something just like patience Lee Sungmin for examplebut in this case, Hyukkie is willingly to give up his cornea and that time actually we thanked God because usually the patience that willingly to donor is—“, Youngwoon paused a bit his explanation as he really hated it talking about those small words though doctor always talks about the worst possibility his patience could get. The young guy still expecting his next words as he sighed.

“die in process…we thanked God that time cause Hyukkie is still very much in a healthy life now”, Youngwoon then take a look at the young guy in front of him, frowned when he saw the young guy isn’t as energetic as he was just now; probably due to the mention of death Hyukjae could experience back then *I actually feel inappropriate writing this explanation and the words I used—OMG I don’t know either the medical words or such experience in medical cause this is pure my thought so I’m sorry if I kind of misjudge? Maybe the possibility is high and I didn’t want if anyone of you that could be one of the students of medical school or even doctors! Misunderstand things that I wrote here, this is purely my thoughts and no medical experience when I wrote this*. Yes, that operation actually have such risky like that.

“So…Hyukjae ever had such experience he could die in any moments like that…and no one stood besides him back then—“, Donghae paused as he wiped the tears that rolled down from his eyes and looked down to the ground. He felt really bad hearing those explanations. Hyukjae is a fragile-like-glasses boy and for him to experience such things—it was already been hard for him when he had to endure those humiliation he received in high school—if Donghae just could be besides him back then, then it would be not too hard to endure for him.

He felt a gentle pat on his shoulder, he looked up and met through eye contacts with Youngwoon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter