Chapter 7

Bionic Girl

                “You want us to what?!”  Kikwang burst out.

                “Live with her for a while.”  The president replied.  “It’s the easiest way to get the media to calm down.  Since Restia doesn’t have any biological family, we could say that you guys wanted to take care of her.  You could treat her as your little sister.  If you show your fans that you care about her, then they might forgive her.”  He glanced at Hyunseung and Kikwang before continuing.  “But then we-“

                “Hold on, there’s something wrong with this.” Yoseob said, cutting in, “What would we say about the kisses?”

                The president nodded at him.  “I was getting there.  The four of you are fine as regarding her as your younger sister, but we would have to figure out what to say for Hyunseung and Kikwang.”

                “I could say that my kiss was one of her wishes.”  Kikwang said.

                “Then what do I say?”  Hyunseung asked.

                “You like her?”  Dongwoon added in, trying to help.  Yoseob slapped the back of his head.

                “Actually,” Lora said, “That might work.  Hyunseung could have confessed to Restia, which explains why he kissed her, but she rejected him, hence the punch he received afterwards.”

                Everybody looked at Hyunseung for confirmation.  He glanced at Restia’s peaceful form on the couch and then faced the others, nodding.

                “I’m a bit hesitant with Hyunseung’s explanation,” The president started, “but it’ll have to work.  I’ll start making arrangements for a press conference with the media.  Lora, do you mind telling the guys what they should know about Restia before she moves in?”

                Lora nodded, waiting for the president to leave the room.  Once the door closed, he clasped his hands, focusing on the six Beast members that looked expectantly at him.

                “Ok, where should I start?”

                “Umm, anywhere’s fine.”  Doojoon said.

                “Ok, let’s see.  Full name:  Restia Christine Thomas.  Age: 19.  She doesn’t have any favorite foods, or anything, and she doesn’t keep up to date with idol groups so she might not know your names.  She usually goes off by herself, so don’t freak out if she suddenly disappears.  Also, she needs to get regular tune-ups at the hospital every month for her bionic hand.  That’s about it.  Anything else you want to know?”  Lora asked.

                Yoseob spoke, careful with his words.

                “Was Restia always, you know... like this?” 

                Lora looked down at his hands, thinking.  “I don’t think so.”  Looking up at the Beast members, he continued.  “I think if she had never lost her hand in that accident...  She would have grown up to be a completely normal girl.”

                The room went quiet as the seven people looked over at Restia.

                “A normal girl, huh?”  Hyunseung mumbled quietly.

                The sun shone through the window, enveloping Restia in a shimmering glow.  Her black curls turned into shades of brown in the light, framing her perfectly symmetrical face.  Smiling slightly in her sleep, her rosy lips were gently accompanied with small, almost unnoticeable dimples that were probably deeper in her early childhood years.

                Junhyung asked a question, breaking the peaceful silence. 

                “Who’s Marylin?”

 

                Restia POV

                I woke up, feeling someone’s gaze on me.  Well, more like people’s gazes.  About to open my eyes, I heard Lora say something.

                “If I tell you, you have to promise me that you won’t mention her name to Restia.”

                I froze, keeping my eyes closed.

                Don’t tell me he’s talking about…

                I heard six voices promise, probably the Beast members.

                Lora sighed, and I felt all the gazes move off me.

                “It was two months before Restia’s 17th birthday, if I’m remembering correctly…”

                My heart ached as I couldn’t find my voice to stop him.  The charm bracelet on my left wrist, (the human one) tinkled softly…