Chapter 15

Bionic Girl

                The car ride was silent.  Dongwoon and Yoseob looked behind them into the backseat, worried.  Restia, Kikwang, and Junhyung were all holding onto the bottom of their seats, trying not to bump into each other.  They all looked straight ahead with blank looks on their faces.

                “Oh, here’s your phone Kikwang.”  Doojoon suddenly said, tossing it in the backseat.  Kikwang raised his hands out to catch it when the van took a quick swerve to the right.

                “Whoa!”  Kikwang caught the phone and ended up landing on top of Restia.  They both froze, only a couple of inches separating their lips.

                “Is everybody ok back there?”  Hyunseung called out from his front seat.  Next to him, Beast’s manager swore at a certain red car ahead of him.  “Stupid driver.”

                Out of nowhere, Junhyung grabbed Kikwang’s shirt and pulled him back.  “What the hell do you think you’re doing?!”  He shouted.  The three people in the middle seat and Hyunseung jumped from the sudden shout and turned around to see what was wrong. 

                “Junhyung, what’s wrong?  Let go of him.”  Doojoon said, worried.

                Junhyung’s eyes widened and quickly let go of Kikwang.  He met eyes with Restia, and they both froze, stuck in each other’s gaze.  The other four looked at the two, trying to figure out what was going on. 

                 Yoseob was about to speak when Junhyung broke the gaze first, swearing as he closed his eyes.  Restia held her head in her hands, dealing with a sudden headache.  She closed her eyes as well.  Dongwoon gently spoke to Restia while Doojoon tended to Junhyung.  The other members watched the two people, not knowing exactly what to do.

                “Are you ok?”  Dongwoon asked Restia.  He leaned over to touch her arm and her eyes flickered open.  They were unfocused for a few seconds, before she looked up at him.

                “I’m fine.” She said gruffly, turning to look out the window.  Dongwoon looked over at Yoseob, who shrugged.

                Junhyung was being unresponsive to Doojoon.

                “Junhyung-ah, talk to me.”  Doojoon coaxed for what seemed like the tenth time.  Junhyung groaned.

                “Leave me alone, hyung.”

                Doojoon frowned at him before slowly turning around to face the front. Hyunseung looked at his leader for an answer but he mouthed: I don’t know what’s wrong.  Hyunseung saw the others with lost looks on their faces so he just decided to let it be.

                Restia POV

                My mind was spinning.  I definitely knew Junhyung.   What pissed me off was that I just couldn’t remember who he was.  I clenched my fist, thinking.

                I will figure out who you are, Yong Junhyung…

               

                Beast’s manager spoke to us before we entered the room, strictly laying out what he had to say.

                “Ok, you guys absolutely cannot screw this up.  This is your last chance to fix this.  Are you ready?”  All of us nodded, except for Doojoon.

                The manager opened the door and we walked into the room, greeted with the shouts of reporters and flashes of cameras.  Fan girls shouted behind them, holding posters.  Once they saw me, the glared viciously.  I ignored them and stepped up on to the stage.  We all sat down at a long table, with microphones for each of the seven seats.  I looked at Yoseob who was sitting next to me, and he gave me a small smile.  The crowd had quieted now, and the reporters were impatiently waiting to fire questions. 

                Beast’s manager spoke into Junhyung’s mike at the end of the table.  “The conference can now begin.” 

                A young woman with a tight bun started with the opening question.

                “Hyunseung, your company has released that you have something important to say regarding Restia.  Would you mind telling us now?”

                He turned to me, and I nodded slowly for him to speak.  Bringing his face up to the mike, he stared confidently into the press, flashes from cameras reflecting in his eyes.

                “I…have feelings for Restia.”

                Gasps erupted throughout the crowd, and the flashes came even faster now.

                “Does Restia recuperate your feelings?

                I looked in to the crowd, and Kikwang cleared his throat.  “Actually, Restia is my fan.”  I opened my throat to cut in.

                “But, I do not have feelings for him.  I like him as a fan.”

                People muttered suspiciously and reporters whispered amongst each other.   One of them finally raised a picture towards the direction of Kikwang and me.

                “Does that explain the kiss at the hospital?”

                “Yes-“, I started.  Kikwang rested his hand on mine in a sign to tell me to stop.

                “As a sign of apology, I decided to kiss her since she was my fan.  As you guys can tell from the pictures, she was pretty surprised because I was her first kiss.”

                I looked over at him, pissed off to the max.  He just smirked and continued.  “I admit that her slapping me was my fault, so there’s no hard feelings.”

                After a few more simple questions, it seemed like the conference was coming to an end.  The reporters seemed to have their fill, and the fan girls didn’t seem as angry as before. 

                That was until the idiot had to wreck it all.