Chapter 16

Bionic Girl

                “I also have something to announce.”  Doojoon spoke, standing up.  I stared at him confusedly, turning to Yoseob for an answer.  He looked as just as confused as I was.

                Doojoon stood up and bowed low in front of the audience.  The fans became quiet and cameras flashed faster.  Bringing the microphone back up to his mouth, he glanced over at me and winked.  I blinked at him, somehow knowing what he was going to say.  Before I could speak, the words were already out of his mouth.

                “I’m in love with Restia.”

                The fans were in uproar.

                “That .  She took Hyunseung and Doojoon!”

                “Instead of losing her hand, she should have died.”

                “Aww, hell no!  Not Doojoon!”

                I saw a fan push through the cameramen and the reporters, holding something in her hand.  I squinted in an effort to see what it was.  She threw it towards me, and it glittered in the light.  It was a glass shard.

                “Duck!”  Dongwoon shouted, standing up to tackle me from my chair.  I mentally swore, calculating the rate of the glass and Dongwoon’s movements.  If I didn’t do anything, it would end up cutting his neck, if not worse embedding itself into him.  As he put his hands out to push me away, I slipped in front of him.  Behind me, I heard him trip on my chair with a confused cry before hitting the ground.  I turned around to see if he was ok, when I felt a stinging sensation near my right shoulder.  I ignored it, and crouched down next to Dongwoon.

                “You ok?” 

                He grimaced a little, holding his shin.  “Ya, I just bumped it on your chair.  Why did you mov-…” The hand on his shin reached out towards my neck.  I reflexively scooted back, and hissed in pain. 

                “Are you ok?”  Yoseob asked, quickly moving around Dongwoon to get to me.  His hands lightly touched my neck.  Bringing his eyes up to meet mine, he gave me a distressed look.  “You’re bleeding, Restia.”  He lifted his hand up to my eye sight and glimmering horridly on his fingers was dark maroon liquid. 

                I saw Marylin’s face flash in my eyes.

                “Sorry…”  Her blood coated my hands.  There was too much blood…

                I shook my head, getting dizzy.  Bright flashes of light met my eyes, and I shut my eyes tightly.

                “Restia?  Restia?!”  I blinked a couple times, hearing Hyunseung and Yoseob call out my name frantically.  Opening my eyes fully, I met another person’s eyes.

                Junhyung’s.  He stared painfully at me, but didn’t move from his standing position a few feet away.

                Another flash of light, and I groaned. 

                “Unnie!  Happy Birthday!”

                “Restia!  Can you hear me?”  Someone’s voice brought me back to reality.  “Someone call 911-“

                “No.”  I spoke, opening my eyes.  I found myself in Dongwoon’s arms, surrounded by Yoseob and Hyunseung.  Kikwang and Doojoon stood somewhat near, peering down on us.  Groaning, I got to my feet with Dongwoon’s help.  Snatching my arms away from his grasp, I half collapsed on to the table, my hands shaking as they supported my weight.  I calmly looked into the crowd and lowered my mouth to one of the mikes.

                “Don’t worry B2ties,” I panted, ignoring the red drops staining the tablecloth under me.  “I will never, “ Glancing at Doojoon, I finished my sentence.  “Fall in love with Doojoon.  So you have nothing to worry about…”

                My arms gave out and Hyunseung caught me.  I pushed him away, clumsily stumbling to the floor.  Leaning behind the desk, I frowned with closed eyes.

                “What the hell did you do that for?”  I heard Kikwang shout at Doojoon.  I opened my eyes to see Doojoon staring at me. 

                “I can’t confess my love for her?”

                Reporters talked amongst themselves, trying to figure out what was going on.  One shouted out a question.

                “Doojoon, Restia, Hyunseung, and Kikwang are now confirmed to be in a love square, it’s not possible the other members are mixed up in this too, correct?”  The reporter faced her mike towards the closest member, which was Junhyung.  “Junhyung, you don’t have feelings for Restia, is that right?” 

                The fans went quiet, listening for his answer.  Junhyung turned to look at me, not knowing what to say.  He turned back to the crowd.

                “No comment.”

                The members were just as surprised as I was, and so was the crowd.  No one spoke, and the eerie silence led me to peek above the table to see what was going on.

                The reporters were in shock, the cameramen had all focused on Junhyung, and the fan girls looked like they were contacting their inner demon to come and send me to hell.

                And I wasn’t even Christian.

 

 

doojoon's being evil...

i love comments!!!, just saying... ^^