Chapter 12

Bionic Girl

                Doojoon left to go change, and I blinked strangely down at my hands, trying to make sense of what happened.  A sharp burst of pain erupted from my head.  I gasped and bit my lip, trying to appear normal. 

                , I forgot to take my medicine this morning.  Looking up I found only one pair of eyes staring motionlessly at me.

                Junhyung’s.  We kept our eye contact for what seemed like hours, and he didn’t once look away.  I began to feel scared.  He knew me from somewhere, but I didn’t remember him.  I felt like he was burning me, hurting me with some invisible force, with just his presence.  Standing up quickly, I walked towards the door.

                “Restia, where are you going?”.  I heard Yoseob ask.

                I didn’t answer, running out as soon as I had the door open.

                I walked to the park, sitting on a bench in a shaded area.  Leaning back and staring up towards the sky, the sun shone on my face as I closed my eyes.  My head throbbed a bit, and I groaned and held it in my hands.  I would always get week-long headaches after my check ups, because of the intense CAT and MRI scans I would go through.

                That’s not the only reason why it was throbbing.  I still had the issue with Beast.  Yoseob, Dongwoon, and I think Hyunseung are fine, but the other three are freaking nightmares.  Doojoon doesn’t even need explaining, Kikwang’s hates my guts, and Junhyung is like a freaking Hurricane Katrina in my memory bank.  Everything is just screwed up right now.

                The sun comforted me with its warm rays, and lulled me into drowsiness.  Perhaps I’ll take a short nap before I go back…

 

                Nobody’s POV

                “That’s it, I’m going out to look for her.”  Yoseob said, putting on his jacket.  Doojoon yawned and stretched out onto the couch.

                “What’s the need?  She’s a big girl, she can come back by herself.”

                “It’s 6 o’clock, she’s been gone for seven and a half hours!”  Yoseob frustratingly pointed out.  Doojoon shrugged and glanced over at the TV.

                The bedroom door opened, and both of them looked over to see Hyunseung zipping up his coat.

                “I’ll come too, Yoseob hyung.”

                Yoseob nodded and slipped on his shoes.  “What are the others doing?”

                “Junhyung’s listening to music and Kikwang and Dongwoon are sleeping.”  Hyunseung replied, putting on a baseball cap.  Yoseob opened the door, and pulled his hood up as he exited the apartment with Hyunseung.

                Once they were out on the street, they kept their heads down, afraid that people would recognize them.  Yoseob pulled Hyunseung back into an alley, making them both turn their backs to the people behind them.

                “Ok, let’s split and meet back here at the café in an hour.  Do not get caught, ok?” 

                “What if we don’t find her in an hour?”  Hyunseung asked worriedly.

                Yoseob checked his watch before looking up at the darkening sky.

                “Then I guess we’re in for a long night.”

 

                Anonymous’ POV

                Restia… Be safe. Please. 

                This unknown person (for now) clenched his hand into a tight fist as he closed his eyes, resting his head on the wall.

                Hyunseung POV

                Where are you Restia?

                I pulled my hat down lower when I noticed there were two girls trailing me.  Seeing a small store on my right, I snuck in and quickly crouched behind the second aisle.  Sighing in relief when they walked past the store in confusion, I turned to find myself face to face with a little girl.

                She opened and closed like a fish, pointing at my face.

                “Hy-hy-un-“

                “Shhh…”  I held up a pointer finger in front of my lips, telling her to be quiet.  The girl smiled and nodded, crouching and leaning closer to me.

                “I know this game too,” she whispered, “Who is oppa playing hide and seek from?”

                I smiled and patted her head.  “Oppa is playing hide and seek with his fans.  He can’t get caught or he’ll be in big trouble.”

                “Ooooh…” she nodded in understanding, “Can I be on oppa’s team?” 

                I had no idea what she meant by that.  “Alright…”

                Her face lit up, and she pushed my shoulders down to make me sit on the ground.  “When I make this sign, run.”  She made a peace sign and then ran out of the store.  I watched her curiously, and all of a sudden she sat on the ground and started to cry.  I looked at her in panic, and she sent a wink at me.  People started to crowd around her, and a middle aged women came running out of the store with bags flying behind her.

                “Jiae, what’s wrong?”  The women I now was speculating as her mom asked.  Jiae cried out.

                “I saw Hyunseung Oppa!  From Beast!”  I started to panic. 

                Was she going to give away my position?

More people started to crowd around, muttering excitedly.

                “What?  Hyunseung Oppa?”

                “Where did he go?”

                “Which way?”

                Jiae let out another cry.  “I tried to follow him.  But he was too fast!”  She pointed a finger in the direction I came from.  “He went that way!”

                The whole crowd went speeding down the street, and Jiae stood up, holding on to her mom’s hand.  With her free hand, she looked in my direction and showed a peace sign behind her back.  I chuckled and crept out the store, mentally thanking her.

                Yoseob POV

                “Where are you, Restia?”  I muttered under my breath.

                I had looked in all the shops on the west end, and she was nowhere to be found. 

                “Maybe he went that way!”  I heard someone shout.  Turning my head towards the voice, I found a huge crowd stampeding towards my way.  I jumped out of their path, and started to turn away until I heard one girl say something.

                “Kyung unnie, Alex oppa thinks he found that girl on the news.  The one with the metal hand, someone told him they saw her walking near the park.”

                The girl named Kyung raised her eyebrows.  “The one that kissed our Kikwang and Hyunseung oppa?”

                The other girls around her nodded.

                “We should go teach her a lesson!”  One girl shouted out.  The others agreed quickly, some of them rolling up their sleeves.

                That was the first thing that came to mind.

                I took off my hood and turned towards them.  “Hello!”  I waved and smiled.  That was the second thing that came to mind. 

               They froze in place, gaping at me.  Then I started to run away.  That was the third thing that came to mind.

                .  That was the fourth thing that came to mind.

                And the fifth.

                And the sixth.

                Seventh.

                Eighth.

                Then I called Hyunseung. 

                “Hello?”  He answered.

                 “Restia’s in the park.  Go quickly, people might hurt her.”  I glanced behind my shoulder, and started to run faster.  They were starting to catch up.

                 “Hyung, how do you know that?” 

                  “Yoseob oppa!  Please stop!  We don’t bite!”  A girl hollered behind me.

                 Yeah freaking right.

 

sorry about reposting this chapter!

my beta caught some things late and i felt like i had to change it.

the new chapter will come out super soon!