Chapter 5

Bionic Girl

                 I started to back away, noticing the fan girls stare murderously while walking towards me.  The blond-haired guy stood in between us, trying to protect me, and I scoffed.

                “You’re making it worse.”

                Seeing a circle slowly form around us, I tried to think of an exit.

                “She hit Kikwang oppa and now Hyunseung oppa is protecting her?”  One of the fans said.

                Hyunseung?  Is that his name?  I thought, looking up into his back.  He spoke quietly, gripping my human hand from behind him.

                “Restia, do you trust me?”

                My eyebrows furrowed in confusion before giving him an honest answer.

                “Of course not.”

                He sighed, lowering his head for a moment.

                “Well then, too bad.” 

                My eyes widened as he spun around.  The fans went silent, and Beast stood there watching.  The familiar guy started to walk away, and I wondered why. 

                Until I felt Hyunseung’s lips on mine.  I heard gasps erupt around us, and reporters started flashing away, probably taking pictures for tomorrow’s front page news. 

                After recovering from my shock, and pushed him back.

                And punched him.

                More flashes.

                More gasps.

                I turned, and ran, never wanting to see Beast again.

                Except I did.

 

                The next day I stayed inside the house.  When I went outside with Lora for our morning jog, we ended up running back inside, seeing the news.  It was about me, Hyunseung, and Kikwang.  There were three pictures on the front page.  The first one was me kissing Hyunseung, the second was me punching him, and then the third was a fuzzy one of Beast’s shorter idiot kissing me at the hospital. The headlines read: “Beast’s Hyunseung and Kikwang fighting over a girl?  Who is she?”

                I locked myself in Lora’s room, using his punching bag for stress relief.

                “Stupid… Beast… Shorter idiot…”  I punched the bag in front of me, imagining their faces appear on the bag.  “Hyunseung…  Other idiot…  URGH!”  I kicked it straight in the middle, and then collapsed to the floor, out of energy.

                Lora came in with some pieces of paper, looking down at me.

                “Thought you might need this.  It’ll help with targets.”

                I watched as he posted up each of the six faces of Beast onto the punching bag.  He then turned and helped me up.  “Ok, go ahead.”

                I laughed as he left.  “Thank you!”

                Turning to the bag, I focused on my newly posted targets, using all my strength to hit them.  Except I couldn’t get myself to hit one of them.  It was the guy who was familiar to me.  Under his picture was a name.

                Junhyung.

                My mind whizzed through its memory, picking out all the Junhyung’s I had known from my past.  I knew three.  There was my kindergarten friend, the popular jock in high school and then the mechanics nerd.  None of them looked like him.

                My eyes flashed over Doojoon’s picture, and my subsided anger bubbled up again.

                “HI-YA!”  I backed his face, nailing him in the forehead.

                Briing!  Brriiiing!  The home phone rang, and Lora came in handing it to me.

                “It’s for you.”

                I put the phone to my ear.

                “Hello?”

                “Hello, is this Restia Thomas?  This is EStar news, and we would like to have an interview with you about your connection to the two Beast members Hyunseung and Kikwang.”

                “Screw you.”  I pressed the end-call button and then glared at the phone, hoping it would self-destruct.  When it didn’t, I took the responsibility within myself to crush it in my bionic hand.  Shards of plastic and metal crumbled to the floor.

                  Lora came in with another phone, quickly noticing the broken one in my hand.  He handed it to my human hand, warning me.

                  “This person isn’t a reporter.”

                  I answered it, curious to know who it is.

                  “Hello?”

                  “Hello, I am the president of Cube Entertainment, and I think we need to talk about the issue regarding two of my Beast members.  Could we meet today?”

                  I thought for a moment, and then answered.

                 “Sure, when and where?”