Chapter 13

Bionic Girl

               Hyunseung POV

                I heard Yoseob swear with a bunch of shrieking girls in the background.

                “Just go get her!”

                Before I could answer the phone went dead.  I pulled it away from my ear and stared at it for a long two seconds before running off to the park.

                I found her easily, jogging up to her.

                “Restia!”  She didn’t respond.  Getting close enough to see her face, I noticed she was asleep.  Taking a seat next to her, I rested a hand on her shoulder to shake her awake.  She looked so peaceful though, so I decided against it and let her sleep more.  Looking around to see if anyone was coming, I slightly tipped her head so it snuggled up against my shoulder.  I smiled up at the sky.  The quiet atmosphere didn’t last long.

                “Is that her over there?”  I heard someone ask.  Other people responded, getting louder and louder as they walked on the path towards the bench we were sitting on.  I panicked and slightly shook her arm.

                “Restia, wake up.”  I whispered urgently.  She didn’t budge at all.  Glancing at the people behind us, I quickly put my arms underneath Restia and lifted her up.  As calmly as I could, I walked towards a different path which led to the exit of the park. 

                “Who is that guy carrying?  Is that the girl?”  I heard someone point out.  I speed-walked till I was out of their sight, hoping they wouldn’t follow me.  Not wanting to take any chances, I ran down the path.  Restia was luckily super light, if she wasn’t I probably wouldn’t have been able to run far.  I carried her out of the park and back to the apartment, earning odd stares from passersby.  Since it was dark out, not many people spotted us.

                I kicked the door with my foot, breathing heavily.

                “It’s Hyunseung!”

                The door swung open to reveal Dongwoon, with Yoseob behind him.  Doojoon was on the couch where he had been when I left earlier.  There was no sign of Kikwang, but Junhyung was sitting at the kitchen table.

                I walked into the apartment with the four of them staring at me.

                “Here, give her to me.”  Dongwoon said, taking Restia into his arms.  I took my shoes off and Dongwoon headed to the bedroom.  He came out moments later, followed by Kikwang.  I sat next to Junhyung, meeting eyes with everyone else.

                “I put her in my bed.  I’ll sleep on the couch tonight.”  Dongwoon spoke, leaning against the doorframe.  I turned to Yoseob, now spotting red marks on his arm.

                “Are you ok?  What happened with the fan girls?”  I asked him.  He shook his head.

                “I’m fine, I managed to get away.”  Yoseob’s eyes glanced over the clock in the kitchen.  “It’s late, you guys, we should go to sleep.”  He ushered everybody towards the bedroom except for Dongwoon and Doojoon, who spoke from the couch.

                “The press conference is tomorrow at 12.  We have to go over everything in the morning.  Wake up early.”

                Everybody nodded obediently before going to their beds.  I slipped into my bed, too tired to change.  The lights went dead as Doojoon entered the room.  I heard him get underneath his covers, getting comfortable.  Soon my eyelids fluttered and I fell asleep.

 

                 Yoseob POV

                 I woke up to the smell of pancakes.  I yawned, sitting up in bed and looking around.  Everyone was still here, except for Restia.  Dongwoon’s bed was neatly made, showing no trace of the girl.  I hopped out of bed and padded towards the kitchen. 

                Restia was cooking, dressed in an apron I didn’t even know we owned.  Dongwoon was behind her, washing something that looked like strawberries.

                “Are you making breakfast?”  I asked, walking into the kitchen.  Restia looked up, nodding before paying her attention back to the pancakes.  She did a double take, her eyes latching on to the still fresh cuts on my arm.

                “Did that happen yesterday night?”  She asked, her eyes seemed to show worry.  Maybe I was imagining it.

                I nodded.  Dongwoon must have told her about yesterday.

                “Can you wake everybody up?  Breakfast is going to get cold.”  She said, suddenly changing the subject.  Dongwoon handed her a bowl of fruit, which she put on the table.

                “Sure.”  I went to wake everyone up.  By the time all of us got out of the bedroom, the table was set and Restia was nowhere to be seen.  Dongwoon came out of the kitchen holding a plate of pancakes and sausages, setting it down on the last empty placemat. 

                “Restia’s getting something, she says we should eat since she already ate.”  He explained, sitting down on a chair.  The rest of us followed his actions, and dug into the food in front of us.

                “This is really good.”  Kikwang said, taking the words out of my mouth.  The others agreed, their mouths filled with food.

                Restia came out from the hallway carrying a small first aid kit.  Hyunseung saw her first and thanked her for breakfast.  She nodded in acknowledgement and turned to me.

                “Yoseob, after you’re done with dinner, let me look at your arm.”

                 She set the kit down in the living room and opened it up, taking things out.  I didn’t argue with her, since my arm was stinging a little.

                 After I finished, I headed over to the living room, sitting next to Restia.  She pulled out my arm, inspecting it with gentle fingers.

                 “These were done by fingernails, right?”  She asked. 

                 “Yeah.”  Her face hardened and she took out an alcohol swab, dabbing it gently against the ripped flesh. It stung and I clenched my fist.  Trying to take my mind off it, I tried to start another conversation.

                 “The breakfast was really good.  Thank you.”

                 She didn’t respond.

                “Will you make breakfast again?”  I asked.  She shook her head, bandaging the cut.

                “I made it this morning because I felt guilty that you and Hyunseung went out to find me.”   After she put the last bandage on, she slapped it, making me wince.

                “What was that for?”

                “For coming out and looking for me.”

                She slapped me again.

                “Ow!  What was that for!?”

                “For not finishing all your food.”