Chapter 2

Bionic Girl

                Ya, so this is what, 6 months later?

                I’ll explain what happened.

                Umm, let’s see, I was abandoned by my parents, became an outcast, befriended a vegetable loving giant, gained an anti-fan site and obtained a bionic hand.  It’s not so bad, you know? *insert sarcastic look*

                Anyways, it’s hard to know where to start.  Maybe from the abandoning part?

 

                -51/2 months ago, D-day

                My mom spoke, giving disgusted looks at the stump of my wrist, which I somehow stupidly failed to catch.

                “Restia, honey, we need to go back to the States to take care of a few things ok?  We set up an apartment and bank account for you while we are gone, will you be ok?”  I nodded happily then, believing they would come back for me and we could be a complete family again, as if the accident never happened.

                Ya, right.  They never came back, and that’s when I realized after a couple months in the hospital, that they didn’t want a daughter with metal fingers, one who was part metal.  Not human.  Because it was weird, and it scared them.  Their own daughter.  This was the beginning of the new me.

 

-4 months ago, Beast apologizes and I go bionic…

                Well this month was just craptastic.  The idol group, Beast, had a formal apology for what happened to my hand.  Because turns out, Doojoon, the leader of the group, was the guy on the poster that I stepped on.  They actually came to the hospital I was at, bringing who knows how many fan girls, and apologized.  Except I wasn’t exactly ready for it, because I was getting my nerves attached to my new bionic hand, which hurts like hell, let me tell you.

                Anyways, the apology was all bull.  Let’s go over what happened, shall we?

                *memory flashback*

                “Stop!”  I felt like my arm was on fire. “Please!  I’m begging you!  Give me a second!”

                “I’m sorry Restia, just hold on for a bit!”  The mechanic worker told me, and I saw him tighten a screw and I completely lost it.  Screaming, he tried to do his work quickly but I tried to stop him with my other hand.  The nurse clutched it in her hands and told me to just wait for a little longer.

                “You told me that 10 seconds ago!”  I shouted now, lips bloody from biting it mercilessly.  The door swung open, and I saw the famous Beast members staring at me.  Well, my arm.

                I tried to stop screaming, not wanting to seem like a wimp.  The guy in the front was in shock, and I looked away from them and out the window.  Don’t scream, it doesn’t hurt, it doesn-

                “AAAAAAAAHH!  STOP IT!  PLEASE!”  The words came out before I could stop them, and more tears dribbled down my cheeks.  The doctors took care of the so called “idols” and ushered them out the door, talking with them.

                “Please wait until she is done.  The installing process she is going through is extremely painful.  We can’t give her painkiller or else she can’t tell us if we’re using the right tendons and nerves.  Most people lose consciousness, which causes us to start the process over again, because they must stay awake during the operation.  The fact that she has held out so long is amazing, and seeing you guys might break her maximum capacity level to stay awake without passing out.”

                I opened my mouth to say something, but then I heard a faint voice answer him.

                “We understand.”

                The mechanist spoke, drawing my attention away from the people behind the door.

                “Ok Restia, this is the last one, but it’s going to hurt the most.  Ready?”

                I bit my tongue, watching him hold up a small screw in his fingers.  Taking a deep breath to calm myself, I nodded.

                “I’m ready.”

                Well, the next half an hour was me screaming, so I’ll just skip to the apology.

                After it was installed, I instantly passed out, too tired to stay awake.  A couple hours later I woke to found the members of Beast in my room.

                I stared at them, and they stared back.

                “What are you doing here?”  I asked.

                A cold looking guy answered, obviously wanting to be anywhere but here.

                “We came here to apologize.”

                My eyes widened, and then looked at the other five members to see them nodding in agreement.  One of them caught my eye, and then quickly looked away.  I felt like I had met him before, but I ignored the feeling and faced the guy who spoke first.

                “Why?”

                The guy glared at me.

                “What do you mean, why?  Can’t you just accept the apology so we can get this over with?!”  His temper flared, and so did mine.

                “You had nothing to do with this, so I don’t need to accept anything from you.”  I replied icily.

                “I was the guy on the poster, that’s why we’re saying sorry!”  He shouted, angry.

                “Did you push me?  No, you didn’t!  What the hell are you even doing here?!  Get out!”  I shouted back, and an orange haired guy next to tried to calm me down, noticing my rising heart rate on the monitor.

                “Hey, just calm down, we won’t apologize, ok?”  He laid a hand on my shoulder, and I turned to him, tensing up.               

                “Don’t touch me.”

                He let go, resting his hand on the side of my bed.  I resumed my ahem, let’s phrase this nicely, conversation with the idiot who was now walking towards me.  He grabbed my shoulders, and held me close, whispering in my ear.

                “Accept the damn apology, there are fans outside.”

                I pushed him away, ripping my IV out of my arm.  Standing up, I saw the other members standing up as well.  I walked up to him, ignoring the fact that I was shorter than him.  He looked down at me, and our eyes met.

                “I’m not accepting any apology.  So you can go and tell your fans that I didn’t accept it because you guys are complete idiots.”

                He growled, coming closer to my face.  Our foreheads touched.

                “Accept it, or else.”

                “Or else what?  You’ll go tattle on me to your fans?”

                He raised a hand to hit me.

                “Doojoon hyung!  Stop it!”  A tall blond guy gripped his uplifted hand.  “Let’s just leave, ok?  We can tell them that she was a fan, so she accepted the apology and got autographs.” 

                “We’re not going anywhere, Yoseob.  The fans are watching us from the window.”  A short brown haired guy said, staring out the window from the corner.  “We have to finish this now.”  He stepped towards me, moving Doojoon away.  Stopping right in front of me, he did the most unimaginable thing possible.

                He kissed me.