Chapter 6

Bionic Girl

              I walked into the conference room with Lora by my side.  He insisted on coming, just in case I lost my temper and “accidently” hit someone else.

              “Ahh, Restia, you’re here.  Take a seat.”  I sat down at the far side of the table, directly across from the person who just spoke, probably the president who called earlier.  Lora sat down next to me, surveying our surroundings.

              I saw the six members of Beast watch me sit down, curious about the huge man sitting next to me.  The shorter idiot had a bruise where I slapped him, and Hyunseung’s lip was cut from my punch.  I felt guilt bloom inside me, but I drove it away when I remembered what had caused me to do such a thing. 

             “So, now that we’re all here, we need to figure out how to fix this problem.  Anybody want to start?”  The president asked, looking at us.

              Beast’s idiot leader decided to speak, glaring directly at me. 

              “She should just publicly apologize, and then it’ll be solved.”

               I sarcastically fired back at him.

              “Ya, I’ll just apologize when two of your members kissed me first.  That’ll solve everything.”

              “I kissed you to fix the problem, not start it!”  Kikwang shouted, standing up.

              “Then what about him?” I pointed at Hyunseung.  Everybody turned to him, waiting for his explanation.

              “Good point.  Hyunseung, why did you kiss Restia?”  Yoseob asked.

              Hyunseung threw his hands up in frustration.  “If I didn’t, she probably would have gotten beat up by all our fans!”

              I stood up now, furious.  “I can take care of myself!”

              “You guys, fighting isn’t going to fix this.  Let’s just calm down and figure it out.”  The maknae said.

              “Wow, it’s funny how your maknae is the most mature out of the six of you.  Maybe he should be the leader.”  I glared at Doojoon, who was probably ready to punch me in the face.

              “You’re asking for it…”  He growled, cracking his knuckles.

              “Yes, I am.”  I replied, flexing my bionic fingers while standing up from my chair.

              Doojoon started walking towards me, pushing off all the members trying to restrain him.  The president did nothing to stop him, hoping that he’ll make a wise decision.

              “Restia, stop.”  Lora said, warning me.  I ignored him.

              Doojoon came closer, closing his hand in a tight fist.

              “If you hit me, I guarantee to beat you up.”  I said, my voice low.

              “I don’t think so!”  Doojoon shouted.

              He threw a punch and I rose by bionic hand to block him.  My mind prepared itself for a fight.

              “THINK OF MARYLIN!”  Lora roared behind me, “SHE WOULDN’T WANT YOU TO DO THIS!”

              The words cut through me like a knife, and my hand dropped immediately, tears appearing in my eyes.  Doojoon’s fist made solid contact with my side, and I doubled over onto the floor.

              “Doojoon!”  I heard the president scold angrily.  The other members gasped, watching me.

              I painfully pulled myself up, leaning heavily on the table.  Meeting eyes with Doojoon, he showed a shocked expression, as if he had accidently killed his best friend.  I turned to Lora, who stared me down in disappointment.

              “Why?”  I whispered.

              Silence consumed the room as a tear rolled down my cheek.

              “Why did you bring her up!?”  I screamed.  Lora looked away.

              “It was the only way to stop you.”

              The Cube president and Beast watched the scene unfold in front of them, knowing that they had no say in the conversation.

              “DAMMIT!”  I shouted, punching the table with my human hand.

              I don’t know what happened next.

              Because I passed out.

 

              Nobody’s POV

              “Restia!  Are you ok?”  Doojoon frantically asked, shaking her.  The president looked to Lora for an explanation. 

              The big man sighed and stood up, walking towards the unconscious Restia.  Scooping her up, he laid her down on a nearby couch before returning back to the table.

              “That’s it?”, Dongwoon asked unbelievably, “You’re just going to leave her there?”

              Lora sat down in his seat, nodding with a melancholy look.

              “She’ll wake up soon.”

              Beast looked from Restia to Lora, and then from Lora to Restia.

              Lora spoke, facing the president with a serious expression.

              “I advise that we figure out a solution to this problem before Restia wakes up.  Did you have any ideas in mind?”

              The president picked up a folder that was sitting next to him, opening it and skimming through some pages.  Looking up, he nodded.

              “I do.”

 

 

^^ two updates in the same day!

oh, and i'll also explain marylin soon as well!